The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Crash
Moreover, would you grant the bowler the same freedom? To switch arms or relation to the wicket at a whim?

Probably not if I'm honest.
I think it's just a big issue out of nothing occurring I think only because Dilshan cried like a bitch?
How so? A googly is merely a wrist spin ball that spins towards, rather than away to the leg side. It's about as devious as a pace bowler bowling an outswinger rather than an inswinger. A bowler's switch hit equivalent would be running up over the wicket with the ball in right hand, only to switch hands and bowl left handed around (or 'left handed over') the wicket, which is clearly blocked by the rules.

The real question is when is the bowler allowed to stop in his delivery stride?
I heard it's when the back foot lands. But that means the umpires will have too look at bowlers's back foot aswell:hmmmm:
Superb innings from KP.

Good to see England's batsman finally push on and make a decent total.

A total that should put them in a good position to finally win a test match this winter.

That will give us some confidence going in to the home test matches in the summer.
Some bizzare decisions by Strauss. Swann and Anderson are going to be the bowlers to win the match for England, so after tea to start the bowling with Patel and Bresnan?
Couple more wickets before close pretty please.
Well SL were two overs from winning the day. :colone:

Welcome back Swann. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent.
England on top, but hopefully mahela and Mathews will bat throughout the day and get a draw.
Who's gonna watch the Australia vs West Indies test match starting tomorrow? I prob wont watch it but i definitely will keep an eye on it. Anyone think West Indies have a chance?
England are in the driving seat but with Mahela still in the middle its not over for Sri Lanka plus England have collapsed quite a few times reecently.
Reply 1228
Original post by rockrunride
Couple more wickets before close pretty please.

didn't know you liked cricket lol
Reply 1229
anyone interested in the IPL here?
Original post by Kaz310

No, only proper cricket
Well SL were two overs from winning the day. :colone:

Welcome back Swann. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Absolutely !

All they need to do now is keep the chase under 100-120 lol.

Our bowling is so brilliant, its such a shame that the batting always fails under pressure.
Reply 1232
Original post by Kaz310

I thought Kings IV Punjab were going to play Azhar Mehmood :frown:
Reply 1233
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
No, only proper cricket

My thoughts exactly. I hate it. But I seem to grow into just watching the batting and looking at how the international players perform.
Reply 1234
Original post by S_mush
I thought Kings IV Punjab were going to play Azhar Mehmood :frown:

They lost right? Royals had quite a few strong players. Meh. I don't care much. Was quite disappointed India dont have any upcoming international fixtures for the next two months because of this crap.
Original post by Kaz310
didn't know you liked cricket lol

One of my favourite sports to watch :o:

Only like Test, really. May go and watch Middlesex a bit this summer though.

Got my wish with those two wickets :smile:
Reply 1236
Original post by rockrunride
One of my favourite sports to watch :o:

Only like Test, really. May go and watch Middlesex a bit this summer though.

Got my wish with those two wickets :smile:

Oh your a county man. I don't pay much attention to county cricket. My friend is obssesed with it. Only international cricket for me.

Must say Swann will probably win England the match after a long long time coming!
Original post by shyamshah
Who's gonna watch the Australia vs West Indies test match starting tomorrow? I prob wont watch it but i definitely will keep an eye on it. Anyone think West Indies have a chance?
England are in the driving seat but with Mahela still in the middle its not over for Sri Lanka plus England have collapsed quite a few times reecently.

I'm presently here (in the Caribbean) so my eyes will be glued come around 10 tomorrow.

I wouldn't hesitate to admit that Australia is easily the better side, but I think we've got a very good shot to at least tie the series, based on the ODI performances. I think this is probably the weakest Australian side to visit the WI in a couple of decades, and I would not be all that shocked if WI manage to actually get an upset and win the series.

However, as it stands I have Australia taking it 2-1, or 1-0, for now
Awesome batting by Rajasthan, especially bu Rahane, which was an absolute gem of an innings. Shame he got out before his century, I was really hoping he'd get it.

Great all round performance by Kevon Cooper
Well played England, there next test on the sub continent is India which will be amazibg hopefully
unlucky Sri Lanka but they were too dependant on Mahela

Latest