The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
That's even more confusing :lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
I wish TV execs and writers would just not broadly assume that their viewers are too stupid to differentiate between similar characters. :indiff: What might work for America does not apply for the rest of the world!
Reply 1022
Original post by QwentyJ
I wish TV execs and writers would just not broadly assume that their viewers are too stupid to differentiate between similar characters. :indiff: What might work for America does not apply for the rest of the world!

Tbf if America don't take to it the rest of the world won't get to see it :dontknow:
Original post by hamijack

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not strictly related to the TV series but I just came across this on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/ruo3y/grrm_will_be_doing_a_reading_of_a_chapter_from/

Definitely not something to miss for readers of the books. :biggrin:
Lets be honest guys when do they ever stick to a books storyline?
I find it interesting to see how they have made these small changes between the book and the TV series. I think sometimes having read all the books already is a bad thing, because it makes you observe these differences, and can effect the enjoyment you get out of it.

Flipside of that is I get no end of enjoyment from knowing that I know where the story is heading, compared to those I know who just watch the show.
YESSSSSSSSSSS. Finally caught up on Game of Thrones so I can post on and read this thread. :biggrin: I've been so scared of potential spoilers. :ninja:
I've just started reading the books, and love it already :love: I know I'm a late starter, but I've been meaning to get into it for ages :colondollar:
I estimate I could watch the first three episodes of season one without them spoiling something for me :biggrin:
Original post by DragonHeartstring
I've just started reading the books, and love it already :love: I know I'm a late starter, but I've been meaning to get into it for ages :colondollar:
I estimate I could watch the first three episodes of season one without them spoiling something for me :biggrin:

You'd be surprised. :tongue: There are a couple of things from the second book and I think even the third book that made it into the first season. Neither are exactly massively spoilerific, but still.
Original post by AugustWestie
You'd be surprised. :tongue: There are a couple of things from the second book and I think even the third book that made it into the first season. Neither are exactly massively spoilerific, but still.

Aw dammit! Oh well. I think I'm too impatient to read them before watching :rolleyes:
Has anyone seen the second ep o' the second season yet?
It was leaked :3
Reply 1032
Original post by EmilySarah0802
Has anyone seen the second ep o' the second season yet?
It was leaked :3

Keep up :tongue: Quite a lot of people in the thread have discussed it already :smile: What did you think of it?
Original post by tface
Keep up :tongue: Quite a lot of people in the thread have discussed it already :smile: What did you think of it?

Ooh I only joined TSR today! Haha. I hadn't read through the whole thread properly :smile:!
I enjoyed it!
Bits and bobs don't follow the books, but that happens with almost all television programmes that have been based on novels I guess :smile:.
I'm really excited for the third season the most really! It begins to delve more into the direwolves, and the most dramatic changes and deaths happen! (Which I won't go into detail about, as I don't want to give away spoilers) :smile:.
Reply 1034
Original post by EmilySarah0802
Ooh I only joined TSR today! Haha. I hadn't read through the whole thread properly :smile:!
I enjoyed it!
Bits and bobs don't follow the books, but that happens with almost all television programmes that have been based on novels I guess :smile:.
I'm really excited for the third season the most really! It begins to delve more into the direwolves, and the most dramatic changes and deaths happen! (Which I won't go into detail about, as I don't want to give away spoilers) :smile:.

Welcome to TSR then :smile:

I agree, the third book was incredible, can't wait for that season. I agree that there are a few inconsistencies but they aren't too bad! If you want to write spoilers pertaining to the books you can use

Spoiler

Reply 1035
I hate having no episode to look forward to this week :colonhash:
Original post by Deshi
I hate having no episode to look forward to this week :colonhash:

Was the second episode one week early for HBO GO just a one-time thing?
Reply 1037

I think so.

I was told it was just leaked, but I'm not sure. :dontknow: At least I have a week to read through A Clash Of Kings.
Original post by briesandwich
I was told it was just leaked, but I'm not sure. :dontknow: At least I have a week to read through A Clash Of Kings.

It leaked because HBO GO customers got the second episode a week earlier and someone recorded and uploaded it.

Enjoy ACOK. :biggrin: I wish I could experience the series for the first time again.

Latest