The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Probably watched these two PVs a few dozen times, each.

www.fate-zero.jp/movies/pv03.html

I can't wait. The amount of money I've given to Type MOON and âge so far this year borders on ridiculous.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Truered
Another makes Final Destination look subtle.

The later final destination films

:awesome:

It's funny after the first death in Another, Final Destination was the first thin that popped into my head :lol: looks like I'm not the only one
Reply 3042
the works is selling manga again but only tokyopop:s-smilie:

I wouldnt have mentioned it but I saw mirai nikki (well future diary.. but I prefer calling it mirai nikki:hmmm:) so I had a look and they had volume 6.. and only volume 6.:lolwut:

I cant take this minor character in gundam age seriously since he has the voice of the bored narrator teacher from baka test:mmm:

but wolf is such a badass, beating psychic children with an inferior machine and pure skill :teeth:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3043
Ok, seeing as it's been a while since I've written anything substantial on here, I'll briefly relay my thoughts on what I've managed to watch from the new season.

I'll start off with Saint Seiya Omega... Well, picking this up was a no brainer as I'm a big fan of Kurumada's manga and the earlier anime adaptations by Toei. Given this is an anime original, I was slightly concerned about where they would take this, but I have to say that based upon the first episode alone, I'm really impressed, if only for the beautiful animation. So, thank you Toei for putting your all into this. As my close friend Rika is also a fan of Saint Seiya, we both chose to watch this at the same time while using Facetime on our iPads... Given that she's in Japan and I'm in the US, it was an amusing experience.

Uchuu Kyoudai is a definite keeper. It's refreshing to watch something like this amid all of the usual tripe we're given, and in account of its projected length, I'm sure A-1 and Watanabe will have plenty of time to flesh this one out.

Natsuiro Kiseki was unexpectedly better than I thought it would be, and while I doubt I'll have the time to keep this on weekly, it's certainly one to look into for the future.

I remember reading the one-shot of Zetman many a generation ago, but failed to remember this until I watched the first episode. Needless to say, a very strong opener with some rather attractive and adventurous animation... This was one of the few that really caught my eye, given its maturity and style, so I'm definitely keeping this one on weekly.

Edit: Oh, I'm intending to catch Queen's Blade next, so I'll be assured to address my thoughts on this one. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just finished reading and watching both the manga and anime version of Emma: A Victorian Romance. I'm definitely sure that this is now my favourite romance manga/anime ever. :biggrin:

Also, I just got updated on the anime version of Mirai Nikki. *can't help but chuckle in satisfaction at the fact that they didn't cut out the Akise kiss scene* :3 Hehe.
Reply 3045
Original post by Blue_Clover
Just finished reading and watching both the manga and anime version of Emma: A Victorian Romance. I'm definitely sure that this is now my favourite romance manga/anime ever. :biggrin:

Interesting, I couldn't get into the first anime series and eventually dropped it. Maybe I should try it again.

Also, I just got updated on the anime version of Mirai Nikki. *can't help but chuckle in satisfaction at the fact that they didn't cut out the Akise kiss scene* :3 Hehe.

I suppose the act was rather significant from a character/plot perspective, aside from the obvious byproduct of inciting glee or despair amongst fans depending on their disposition. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Interesting, I couldn't get into the first anime series and eventually dropped it. Maybe I should try it again.

I suppose the act was rather significant from a character/plot perspective, aside from the obvious byproduct of inciting glee or despair amongst fans depending on their disposition. :tongue:

I'd suggest reading the manga version of Emma: A Victorian Romance first since the anime's cut out so many parts of it, plus, the art is really lovely. :smile:
Reply 3047
Original post by Blue_Clover
I'd suggest reading the manga version of Emma: A Victorian Romance first since the anime's cut out so many parts of it, plus, the art is really lovely. :smile:

Actually, I've read the manga, so I'm aware of how much they left out. It's also largely why I dropped the anime with some disappointment.

Edit: Oh, and on an unrelated note, I've watched the first episode of Queen's Blade S3. Unsurprisingly, it's offering the same excessive and explicit fan service that the franchise is known for. Whether I keep this one on is very much dependant on everything else. Since the summer season is always larger than the rest, I suspect not.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
Actually, I've read the manga, so I'm aware of how much they left out. It's also largely why I dropped the anime with some disappointment.

Edit: Oh, and on an unrelated note, I've watched the first episode of Queen's Blade S3. Unsurprisingly, it's offering the same excessive and explicit fan service that the franchise is known for. Whether I keep this one on is very much dependant on everything else. Since the summer season is always larger than the rest, I suspect not.

Despite knowing exactly what I was getting myself into, I stupidly decided to watch QB episode 1 just because I want to give everything a fair chance with at least 1 episode. I facepalmed so hard at the whole episode, it hurt. I mean, only when her clothes fell off did they realise she was a girl? Despite being quite well endowed and walking around in a ridiculously short mini skirt? Words have no adequate measure to explain the of pointlessness that is Queen's Blade. Suffice to say, I don't think it will be staying in my watch list.

Though, there are so many anime this season, like 49 IIRC. I really can't keep up with that many. I may have to give up even the shows I enjoy. Space Brothers though, has shot up to the top of my watch list. That is going to be one to watch for this season :yep:

Saint Seiya is beautiful and looks set to be the oldest (well, remake) that I'll have watched to date. I mean, c'mon - they're fighting a guy made out of galaxies :zomg: :sogood: I couldn't have asked for a more ridiculous but equally enjoyable show. Complete with every kind of token character, I don't think Seiya will be original but it certainly be entertaining. Then again, Seiya and FOTNS were like the shonen revolution back then, so I guess it is original, in a backwards kind of way.

Zetman caught my eye as well. Another mindless shonen (more akin to an american comic more than anything) but again, like Seiya, looks set to be a pretty entertaining watch.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3049
I was thinking after watching space bros that there should be some sort of tiger & bunny slice of life spin off where kotetsu attempts to live a normal life in his silly way. That could be so very entertaining.:mmm: Given thats he's a 40yrold man so he'd have an adults life and be getting into his usual daft situations with a normal job and family life.:giggle:

Spoiler for tiger & bunny

Spoiler

Original post by Facticity
Despite knowing exactly what I was getting myself into, I stupidly decided to watch QB episode 1 just because I want to give everything a fair chance with at least 1 episode. I facepalmed so hard at the whole episode, it hurt. I mean, only when her clothes fell off did they realise she was a girl? Despite being quite well endowed and walking around in a ridiculously short mini skirt? Words have no adequate measure to explain the of pointlessness that is Queen's Blade. Suffice to say, I don't think it will be staying in my watch list.

Well there's your problem, actually thinking whilst watching an ep of queens blade.:no:
Original post by vin

Well there's your problem, actually thinking whilst watching an ep of queens blade.:no:

True, the brain is a cancer when it comes to Queen's Blade. Then again, I may have brain cancer not to have expected this :sigh:
Reply 3051
I havnt watched the new Lupin ep yet but decided to check the file to see if the animation was as stylish as this kind of nsfw pv... and damn it kind of is.:drool: Wasnt expecting that since well its a trailer and didnt appear to show any actual animation from the series.:tongue:

Hmm kind of underwhelmed with zetman, felt like it would be a heroish monster of the week affair. But this ED intrigues me implying there'll be a change in tone and such.:beard:
(edited 12 years ago)
Finally finished Nisemonogatari after watching the previous season, it was a unique and enjoyable series on the whole (even though I couldn't understand some of their jokes). Probably my top one of the winter season. Can't wait for kizumonogatari now. :biggrin:

I also starting to watch Space Brothers, it's definitely on my watch list after the first episode (the Zidane headbutt lol :adore:)
Reply 3053
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome to the society. :smile:

I pretty much only watch anime that are under 100 episodes long, so that's easy! Series that spring to mind as being similar to Inu x Boku are Kuroshitsuji, Zero no Tsukaima and Mayo Chiki!, mostly because all three have similar master - servant relationships. The first two also share the magic/fantasy theme, while both the latter are romantic comedies. :smile:

Original post by QHF
To AngryJellyfish's suggestions I'd add Otome Youkai Zakuro and perhaps Kaichou wa Maid-sama. At least, that is assuming you're looking for things which are in some way similar to IxB.

Awesome guys, thank you so much for helping me out! I'll add these to my Anime Planet list, cheers. :smile:
Reply 3054
watching this new lupin... :zomg:that woman is standing around naked and ...things are happening:lolwut:
:teeth:

was quite nostalgic watching that last naruto ep, epic soundtrack :coma: and i kinda wana rewatch naruto now :colondollar: but at the same time looks like its gona be another load of flashback filler before new stuffs :s-smilie: the new op is even worse than the last one :yucky: but the ed is ok

first ep of zombie desu 2 was erm pretty standard :p:
Original post by eugenius 8
:teeth:

was quite nostalgic watching that last naruto ep, epic soundtrack :coma: and i kinda wana rewatch naruto now :colondollar: but at the same time looks like its gona be another load of flashback filler before new stuffs :s-smilie: the new op is even worse than the last one :yucky: but the ed is ok

first ep of zombie desu 2 was erm pretty standard :p:

I feel like the only person who really doesn't want them to reanimate the part 1 Naruto stuff =/ I prefer that animation to this... In some ways. They did a better job with the kids, but my main problem lies with Kakashi. Kakashi part 1 looks so much better than the Kakashi they have in the more recent Shippuden episodes, in my opinion :frown: But at the same time I did enjoy hearing the original Naruto soundtrack, and I liked some of the little scenes the episode added XD And I don't like the song for the new opening at all, the animation is alright, and the ending is better :smile:
I don't think the new episode is that bad though, I'd rather have this over more filler I think... Though I really didn't think this was that necessary, but oh well XD
Reply 3057
Original post by Facticity

Amusedly, I wrote a rather tame and forgiving review of the first series last year mainly due to its slightly above par animation. I think with an anime like this, especially when it's at season 3, you can't really expect Arms to offer anything more. It's clearly proven popular enough by its intended audience to warrant an extra season, so they're not going to change the formula. However, similarly I doubt I'll reserve (or even have enough) time to watch this weekly, but I won't rule out the possibility of giving it a guilty marathon at some point down the road.

Though, there are so many anime this season, like 49 IIRC. I really can't keep up with that many. I may have to give up even the shows I enjoy. Space Brothers though, has shot up to the top of my watch list. That is going to be one to watch for this season :yep:

Yup, and given its length at a projected 51 episodes, it's going to be around for a while. We haven't received an anime of this length in a long time. Solid opener, I can only hope that they'll maintain the momentum throughout.

Saint Seiya is beautiful and looks set to be the oldest (well, remake) that I'll have watched to date. I mean, c'mon - they're fighting a guy made out of galaxies :zomg: :sogood: I couldn't have asked for a more ridiculous but equally enjoyable show. Complete with every kind of token character, I don't think Seiya will be original but it certainly be entertaining. Then again, Seiya and FOTNS were like the shonen revolution back then, so I guess it is original, in a backwards kind of way.

Saint Seiya is an absolute classic and has definitely become an influence for many manga/anime that came after. To stray away from what it's known for would have been considered sacrilege, especially from fans like me. I do encourage you to watch the earlier anime adaptations or indeed to read the manga when you have a chance. As mentioned, Omega is not so much a remake, but an entirely new series using the Saint Seiya, ahem, 'cloth'.

Zetman caught my eye as well. Another mindless shonen (more akin to an american comic more than anything) but again, like Seiya, looks set to be a pretty entertaining watch.

Well, Zetman is actually a seinen series, which you can definitely see from the dark undertone and gore. The animation style was also rather interesting, particularly the character design, and the fight sequences were quick and fluid. So, I'm looking forward to this one. The pacing was pretty quick, a la Mirai Nikki, but I felt it helped to keep everything engaging. It also seems like the first episode is more of an introductory flashback, and that the story itself will only truly begin in the next episode, where we'll have a better idea of what's to happen.

Edit:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle
I feel like the only person who really doesn't want them to reanimate the part 1 Naruto stuff =/

I feel the same way, only that it's not so much the animation I'm bothered about. I much prefer the younger characters after the time skip. I didn't find many of them likeable at the beginning. They were bratty and shallow, which I suppose is kind of understandable given their age, I just found it very irksome to watch. I'll probably skim through these next few episodes in the hope that they'll return to the manga material sooner than later.

Edit 2:

Just finished watching Medaka Box and I'll probably pick this one up. Admittedly, if it weren't for Nisio Isin as scriptwriter, I'd probably go into this one with mild reservation given its premise, but it was pretty enjoyable in a crazy over the top way. Found it hilarious how the Kendo delinquent looked uncannily like Kamina from TTGL. :giggle: The animation by Gainax was colourful and vivid, which suited the antics that ensued.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3058
Started ep 7 of another...it started off creepy but then just became a joke :mmm: What the hell were they thinking.:laugh:

...Im a bad human for laughing :frown:

oh dear there's more... I just cant take this gruesomeness seriously:sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3059
Original post by vin
Started ep 7 of another...it started off creepy but then just became a joke :mmm: What the hell were they thinking.:laugh:

...Im a bad human for laughing :frown:

oh dear there's more... I just cant take this gruesomeness seriously:sigh:

The final few episodes are hilarious :awesome:

I finished off that boku squad thingy today, and while on crunchyroll ended up starting "Listen to me girls" as I remembered hearing good things on here after saying how I dropped it last time :colondollar:

Latest