The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aula
You don't have to fast as a child. Nor if you're ill (so that exempts you if you want it I suspect), or looking after someone who is ill, or probable several other things, but those are the ones I tend to remember.

Ah don't worry: I don't feel the need to be exempted on account of my health. I'm fine with just labelling myself lazy/a poor excuse for a Catholic :yes: But thank you for reminding me about the exemptions. I had forgotten about that :hugs:
Reply 4041
its not letting me multi quote anymore:frown:

so sorry I told you about the fasting thing, but i think if you didn't know then I'm 99.99999% sure that there is nothing wrong with that. You are a much better Catholic than I am.

i does sound like a plan but whether I will stick to it or not i do not know:wink:
Original post by rac1
its not letting me multi quote anymore:frown:

so sorry I told you about the fasting thing, but i think if you didn't know then I'm 99.99999% sure that there is nothing wrong with that. You are a much better Catholic than I am.

i does sound like a plan but whether I will stick to it or not i do not know:wink:

Haha, I'm not a very good Catholic! So I doubt I'm better than you are :hugs:

Not to worry. Just keep it at the back of your mind and don't be afraid to approach them should you feel the need :smile:
Reply 4043
saw your post on the 'what does the vatican do with its money thread?'
lol
Reply 4044
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Haha, I'm not a very good Catholic! So I doubt I'm better than you are :hugs:

Not to worry. Just keep it at the back of your mind and don't be afraid to approach them should you feel the need :smile:

we could go on forever lol!:grouphugs:
Original post by rac1
we could go on forever lol!:grouphugs:

We could indeed!

Don't worry about/bother with that thread. Adam and yawn will sort them out once they get online and see the thread :yes:
Reply 4046
We could indeed!

Don't worry about/bother with that thread. Adam and yawn will sort them out once they get online and see the thread :yes:

feel sillyly like 'yeahhh'!

off to bed soon, probably be back tomorrow on holy saturday:smile:
Original post by rac1
feel sillyly like 'yeahhh'!

off to bed soon, probably be back tomorrow on holy saturday:smile:

Good night! Sleep well :smile:
Reply 4048
wow can't believe the swimmer, its not even hot today.
Reply 4049
some thoughts on mass yesterday...

It was jam-packed! never been to a mass with so many people I think.

It seems to depend on the priest whether you give out communion on Good Friday, either way nothing is consecrated. I hadn't had it on Good Friday before, so I was a bit confused!
Reply 4050
My hot cross buns look funny, but taste pretty good! Woo success!

Am making another batch with a different recipe, and have remembered to follow it properly this time, so the dough feels better this time. :h:
Original post by rac1
wow can't believe the swimmer, its not even hot today.

Presuming you're talking about the boat race. So stupid. That man cost us the race!!! :mad:

We always have communion at Good Friday Mass in my parish.

Original post by Aula

Am making another batch with a different recipe, and have remembered to follow it properly this time, so the dough feels better this time. :h:

Yay! Taste is the main thing :yep:

We're probs making chocolate nests this evening :teeth:
Reply 4052
Original post by Aula

Yay! :smile:

Presuming you're talking about the boat race. So stupid. That man cost us the race!!! :mad:

We always have communion at Good Friday Mass in my parish.

Yay! Taste is the main thing :yep:

We're probs making chocolate nests this evening :teeth:

yup

i think I must be in the minority with that:smile:

yum:h:
Just got back from the vigil, it was ridiculously beautiful (even with the 7 readings!), and I didn't even hit the priest on the head with the incense this time!
Original post by jerseymackem
Just got back from the vigil, it was ridiculously beautiful (even with the 7 readings!), and I didn't even hit the priest on the head with the incense this time!

:rofl: PRSOM :biggrin:

I joined the choir tonight :eek: They were so lovely though. So much singing though. And I hadn't been to an Easter Vigil service since I was a small child, so had no idea what was going on :colondollar:
I'm going tomorrow morning. Our mass is 9am.

Happy Easter all :smile:
Reply 4056
:rofl: PRSOM :biggrin:

I joined the choir tonight :eek: They were so lovely though. So much singing though. And I hadn't been to an Easter Vigil service since I was a small child, so had no idea what was going on :colondollar:

wish granted
I've never been:redface:

Original post by Matthew_Lowson
I'm going tomorrow morning. Our mass is 9am.

Happy Easter all :smile:

ditto I might be welcome in easter Sunday at this rate but i should honour my mother so to speak.:smile:
Original post by rac1
wish granted
I've never been:redface:

ditto I might be welcome in easter Sunday at this rate but i should honour my mother so to speak.:smile:

Thankies :biggrin: Repped you :cool:

As nice as tonight's service was, I wouldn't say you're missing out on much by not having attended it. It's the longest thing in the history of time :eek3:

I'm so proud of myself. Made it through Easter with no suicide attempts! Thanks to all of you for your prayers and fellowship. Happy Easter everyone! He is Risen! Alleluia! :woo: :jebus: :woo:
Assuming I don't have a can of coke within the next 17 minutes did we all complete Lent unscathed?
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Assuming I don't have a can of coke within the next 17 minutes did we all complete Lent unscathed?

I think so. I had to give up my prayer adventure and stuff that I had taken up due to my health though :frown: But I gave up suicide attempts for Lent and stuck to it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending