The Student Room Group

I shaved my eyebrows with my dad's shaver. how long till it grows back?

They were bushy and thick, I was getting tired and sick of having them.. so I used my dad's shaver to shave kinda the underneath and little of the top (stupid I know) and now they the left brow looks bigger than the right one.. the right ones thin. I have side bangs.. that helps I guess.. how long does it take for them to grow back??

My hair kinda grows fast I don't know please tell me, i didn't shave them completely all off just the ends i feel so stupid please help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:toofunny: eyebrows take ages to grow back
Reply 2
I would invest in rimmels eyebrow pencil and fill them back in...ive over plucked mine plenty of times, I get a bit tweezer crazy! But please...don't use shavers on ur brows lol!
Reply 3
Get a good eyebrow pencil and shade them in until they grow back, but like someone has said it can take ages but yours might come back really quickly :smile:
Aw, It's Okay- Im sure they will grow back eventually! I'm not too sure if im honest. I once shaved my eyebrows- and they were never the same again. When they returned they were very thin. :frown: Like I had none. But it's okay because in todays world we have eyebrow pencils- and all sorts to give impression of a healthy brow :smile: I hope yours grow back nicely!
Reply 5
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Troll

gosh, i'm not trolling

Original post by popoporoo
I would invest in rimmels eyebrow pencil and fill them back in...ive over plucked mine plenty of times, I get a bit tweezer crazy! But please...don't use shavers on ur brows lol!

well my eyebrows were getting really bushy and i don't know how to thread them yet.my sister my eyebrows are going to get more bushier now and grow much faster?
Reply 6
I don't know if this helps but I plucked the hair from the middle part of my toes a couple of months back (I was bored and they were annoying me) and they've never properly come back.

Don't mention it. :smile:
You could get those stick on moustaches and cut them into eyebrow shapes? lol.. Sorry..

Errrm... Yeah probably best not to shave them but you already have... yeah I have no idea how long they'd take to grow back.. I know that you can have them tattooed on now and that actually looks really nice (done by a beautician and not a tattoo artist lol).
Original post by 99luft Balons

well my eyebrows were getting really bushy and i don't know how to thread them yet.my sister my eyebrows are going to get more bushier now and grow much faster?

Yeah I don't think anybody threads their own eyebrows. People either pluck them themselves or have them threaded by a professional.

All hair gets thicker and grows quicker after you shave it I think. That's why you're not meant to shave your arms and that's why it's horrible when men shave their chests etc.
Reply 9
You should shave them off so they look the same. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by chefdave
I don't know if this helps but I plucked the hair from the middle part of my toes a couple of months back (I was bored and they were annoying me) and they've never properly come back.

Don't mention it. :smile:

Ouch. No. No. Owwwww....... :redface: (I tried shaving my toe when I was about 6. Blood everywhere.)
Original post by littleone271
Yeah I don't think anybody threads their own eyebrows. People either pluck them themselves or have them threaded by a professional.

All hair gets thicker and grows quicker after you shave it I think. That's why you're not meant to shave your arms and that's why it's horrible when men shave their chests etc.

Urban myth.

The hairs are cut at a blunter angle which gives the illusion of the regrowth being thicker.
Original post by 99luft Balons
They were bushy and thick, I was getting tired and sick of having them.. so I used my dad's shaver to shave kinda the underneath and little of the top (stupid I know) and now they the left brow looks bigger than the right one.. the right ones thin. I have side bangs.. that helps I guess.. how long does it take for them to grow back??

My hair kinda grows fast I don't know please tell me, i didn't shave them completely all off just the ends i feel so stupid please help

I like the way someone on tsr positive repped you for stating you shaved your eyebrows off with your dads shaver :smile:

+1
Not much much you can do other than an eyebrow pencil as suggested, it doesn't hurt.

I wouldn't recommend shaving to make it even, chances are you might make it even more uneven. If you do do this I suggest getting someone else to do it for you.
Upload a pic, could do with a laugh.
Bad move.
Reply 16
Happened to me wait for them 2 grow a bit then go to a professional she'll sort them right out!!!!☺
Reply 17
mine grow back thick in about a month but i keep plucking so wouldnt know how long till their really thick they grow back unevenly most new hairs seem to pop up in between my eye and eyebrow
Kind of takes about a week , I did the same thing, just use eyebrow pencil :-D
Reply 19
Centuries.
That's why you pluck them and not shave them off :lolwut:

Latest