The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by makingamemory
I got an email earlier from the box office saying theyre closed from the 5-10th April, I'm not sure if the travel shop will be the same though.

Ahh, cheers. I assume as they're now in the same room they'll both be open till then. I'll wander in this afternoon or tomorrow, probably. Thanks!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 381
Question for the ladies: are there salons nearby? And if so, how much would a haircut or a face-wax cost? Thanks! :smile: And sorry if this is a silly question.
I dont mean to pose an awkward question, but ive got a predictament with choosing universities.

Should i choose UEA which i really liked

Or york? a russel group and good history department

and why?

thank you
Original post by AverageExcellence
I dont mean to pose an awkward question, but ive got a predictament with choosing universities.

and why?

thank you

Depends entierely on your subject and how much more valuable a history degree will be from UEA or York. But it's also important that your happy in your surroundings, happy with accommodation, happy with the sports village, happy with the students union etc

If there's not much difference between the history league tables between UEA and York then go with UEA.
Reply 384
Quick Q: How long does it take to get from university to town via bus/taxi/walking? Do people usually take cycle/walk/bus or what?

Original post by ak137
Quick Q: How long does it take to get from university to town via bus/taxi/walking? Do people usually take cycle/walk/bus or what?

most people usually get the bus during the day- its 20-35 mins depending on the time of day and the bus route (the 25 is quicker) and at night get a taxi which takes about 10 mins. Walking takes about an hour as its 3 miles.
Original post by AverageExcellence

and why?

thank you

if you really liked UEA go for it, at the end of the day UEA still has a good reputatation, and having taken a module in the History department I was largely impressed by it.
Reply 387
Original post by jelly1000
most people usually get the bus during the day- its 20-35 mins depending on the time of day and the bus route (the 25 is quicker) and at night get a taxi which takes about 10 mins. Walking takes about an hour as its 3 miles.

Oh right, thanks. How much is the bus? And how much is the taxi at night?

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by ak137
Oh right, thanks. How much is the bus? And how much is the taxi at night?

Thanks again :smile:

The bus is £4 return, or you can get a bus pass for £210 for the year. The taxi fare is about £6.50 one way, so divided between 5 people going out at night thats £1.30 per journey.
Reply 389
The bus is £4 return, or you can get a bus pass for £210 for the year. The taxi fare is about £6.50 one way, so divided between 5 people going out at night thats £1.30 per journey.

Ah okay, thanks very much!

darn it, cant rep you :dry:
Original post by ak137
Ah okay, thanks very much!

darn it, cant rep you :dry:

no worries, im not fussed about rep
Reply 391

Is there a pass for every transportation mean, not just for buses? I'm sure there are none for taxi's but I meant for both buses and trains, for example?
Original post by candy82
Is there a pass for every transportation mean, not just for buses? I'm sure there are none for taxi's but I meant for both buses and trains, for example?

No, because the trains cover a much wider network than the buses- there arent any trains that go within Norwich.
Reply 393
No, because the trains cover a much wider network than the buses- there arent any trains that go within Norwich.

Oh, I see! But the bus pass is worth it, right? Seeing as I'll be riding the bus quite often there? :P
Original post by candy82
Oh, I see! But the bus pass is worth it, right? Seeing as I'll be riding the bus quite often there? :P

If you like to go into town a lot then yeah its worth it
Reply 395
If you like to go into town a lot then yeah its worth it

Yeah, I think I might like to visit the town frequently! :biggrin: Without the pass, how much is the bus fare?
Original post by candy82
Yeah, I think I might like to visit the town frequently! :biggrin: Without the pass, how much is the bus fare?

£4 return (or more if you buy 2 singles oddly).
Reply 397
anyone knows what will happen if your bus pass is confiscated ?? do they send you a letter or something?

sorry to butt in , since you guys are talking about passes :colondollar:
Original post by MiMi1
anyone knows what will happen if your bus pass is confiscated ?? do they send you a letter or something?

sorry to butt in , since you guys are talking about passes :colondollar:

not heard of anyones bus pass being confiscated. i dont think they do unless maybe your arrested for an offence on a bus. nothing on them about that unlike kids oyster cards in london
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 399
not heard of anyones bus pass being confiscated. i dont think they do unless maybe your arrested for an offence on a bus. nothing on them about that unlike kids oyster cards in london

Full story: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37074894&highlight=bus%20pass%20confiscated

??:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending