The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
ive trained in all sorts.

ill be 27 this summer.

Ok why are you so against wrestling then? Surely when you have as much experience as you do, you realise that all martial arts can be effective in different ways.
Original post by TheJ0ker
Ok why are you so against wrestling then? Surely when you have as much experience as you do, you realise that all martial arts can be effective in different ways.

tbh i dont have anything against wrestling, i have met, through training, lots of greco-roman and pankration type people before who are perfectly sound. I just dont like ignorant dimwits who think being a wrestler/grappler is the pinnacle of being a martial artist becuse thats all they know. People like einheri just piss me off a bit chatting **** on the internet. Same sort of idiot didnt have a clue about bjj for example, till royce gracie walked into ufc and wiped the floor with wrestlers. Teeny boppers watching mma on bravo has given rise to the internet halfwit . The whole reason i have actively sought differnt styles is to be flexible for real-time self defence purposes, not to learn how to wrestle people for mma rules.
Yeh, you kind of threw a retarded curve ball there - in order to save your strawman, you used the example of a man wearing a metal armour. So yes, if you wear a suit of armour, then you can safely go to wrestle a man with a knife :facepalm2:

The lengths you will go to is pretty laughable. Your statement is still disproved though..

I already said there are examples of unarmoured and armed wrestling as well as armoured, such as:

Head and arm lock.

Circle throw.

Shoulder throw.

So, no. You've disproved nothing.

In a ring on rubber mats or a cage you mean? With a referee and judges ? Has every wrestler beat every martial artist hes faced then? LOL!

No, I never said that at all. Ring fighting is a small aspect of wrestling; it was made first and foremost for practical use (as I demonstrated above).

Thats not how i remember it, from memory you skuttled off after your statemnts about kung fu having no grappling was disproved. then you switched to 'kung fu has no groundgame', that was disproved. then you came back with wingtsun has no practical use, that was disproved. Then you posted a jpeg of a guy performing a wrist lock:confused: Then you tried to pretend wrestling with people in the street was the best way to defend yourself in real life. Again disproved. Today your back to spouting garbage about wingtsun again.

Read through the thread again, we were arguing the same points with you over and over again and you were going in circles. Everyone gave up trying to counter your stupid, circular arguments with logic, and you're too dense for that. And I'm not getting into this crap again with you.

You really shouldnt be allowed to talk at all, till you actually get at least a few years of actual martial arts experience under your yellow belt. let alone give advice to others. Wrestlers talk too much. Stick to X-box.

XBOX again, go away troll.
(edited 11 years ago)
I am pretty sure the forge is still open, I've heard people talking about it. As for ground grappling gyms I know nothing, MMA and ground grappling aren't my thing at all.

Cool. Thanks, man.
Reply 1344
I am really saddened by the existence of people like Indo-Chinese Food. They are so disrespectful and rude, and ultimately wrong - and all built on a delusion.

When the standard reply to anything has become "Xbox", you know that the person you are dealing with is a complete moron.
Original post by Einheri
X

X

How many pages has this argument been going on for lol?
Reply 1346
A wise man once sat in an audience and cracked a joke. Everybody laughs like crazy. After a moment, he cracked the same joke again. This time, less people laughed. He cracked the same joke again and again. When there was no laughter in the crowd, he smiled and said:

You can't laugh at the same joke again and again, but why do you keep crying over the same thing over and over again?

Let the blind lead the blind, eventually they will fall into a pit. So why bother to be infuriated?
How many pages has this argument been going on for lol?

Original post by Einheri
I already said there are examples of unarmoured and armed wrestling as well as armoured, such as:

Head and arm lock.

Circle throw.

Shoulder throw.

So, no. You've disproved nothing.

No, I never said that at all. Ring fighting is a small aspect of wrestling; it was made first and foremost for practical use (as I demonstrated above).

Read through the thread again, we were arguing the same points with you over and over again and you were going in circles. Everyone gave up trying to counter your stupid, circular arguments with logic, and you're too dense for that. And I'm not getting into this crap again with you.

XBOX again, go away troll.

I wouldnt call it an argument, it was back when the half a dozen or so comments i made were left unanswered a few weeks back by this half-wit. Today he thinks posting some medival drawings of nothing in particular is proof of martial arts, so its degenerated into him clutching at straws to save some face, which isnt working.

Which is why i said its annoying me, im all for all people having access to martial arts. The down side is now is every retard with nothing better to do can do a class in a leisure centre and then try and lay claim to being martial artists and go on internet forums to talk out their backside about proper styles as if they had a clue. "duuuh wingchunners don kno how to fight in da ring duuuuh" etc in the case of wrestling dimwits like einheri. It embarrassing to some of us that made martial arts our lives for so long cos its our passion.
Original post by Clip
I am really saddened by the existence of people like Indo-Chinese Food. They are so disrespectful and rude, and ultimately wrong - and all built on a delusion.

When the standard reply to anything has become "Xbox", you know that the person you are dealing with is a complete moron.

It's okay, he's only bitter because he can't fight.
Original post by SEHughes
It's okay, he's only bitter because he can't fight.

Lol thanks for proving my point. 'duuh he cant fight like me, i cud punch im on da face and use da wrestling duuh'
Probably could mate. Jab-cross-double leg-pass guard-mount-punch punch punch punch-take back-hooks in-rear naked choke. You can keep your Wing Chun and anything else that passes your litmus test by virtue of being Asian, liking lots of forms and essentially zero all-in sparring.
Probably could mate. Jab-cross-double leg-pass guard-mount-punch punch punch punch-take back-hooks in-rear naked choke. You can keep your Wing Chun and anything else that passes your litmus test by virtue of being Asian, liking lots of forms and essentially zero all-in sparring.

why, you have something against things 'asian' now lol? Idont really get your point, you are trying to intiate some sort of web chat fight lol? ie something along the lines of , sidestep your attemped right cross, switch stance at your double leg attempt- drive right knee up and into your septum, severe maxillofacial trauma, fight over. You really are a waste of oxygen arnt you :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1352
I dont see the argument here lol, is it about wrestling being effective or not as a martial art?.. lol :/
I wouldnt call it an argument, it was back when the half a dozen or so comments i made were left unanswered a few weeks back by this half-wit. Today he thinks posting some medival drawings of nothing in particular is proof of martial arts, so its degenerated into him clutching at straws to save some face, which isnt working.

Which is why i said its annoying me, im all for all people having access to martial arts. The down side is now is every retard with nothing better to do can do a class in a leisure centre and then try and lay claim to being martial artists and go on internet forums to talk out their backside about proper styles as if they had a clue. "duuuh wingchunners don kno how to fight in da ring duuuuh" etc in the case of wrestling dimwits like einheri. It embarrassing to some of us that made martial arts our lives for so long cos its our passion.

Oh yeah, it's medieval so it must be wrong. You asked what use wrestling is when people have blades, I showed images both armoured and unarmoured of people wrestling in a context of war (hence martial) when blades were the most common weapon on the battle field. Now here are some modern photos from the US Army Combatives course that all recruits go through:

Shooting for a double leg takedown, bread and butter wrestling takedown.

Double leg takedown with a trip.

Leg sweep from a single leg grip.

So, now that armed and armoured, modern and medieval. What more do you want about wrestling as a martial art? Seems pretty much to be a useful skill in war to me. Funny they don't teach soldiers how to play patty cake though, isn't it?

Original post by Z-Ninja
I dont see the argument here lol, is it about wrestling being effective or not as a martial art?.. lol :/

He says wrestling is not a martial art. I say that it is, and have demonstrated it as such whereas he has not posited any evidence to say that it isn't except reposting "duhXBox, training in a leisure centre". Funny when I've already said that a) I do not and have never owned an XBOX and b) I train in an MMA gym and a Judo dojo, not a leisure centre (which, funnily enough is also the place where you'll most likely find some fatass teaching Wing Chun).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1354
I wonder is Indo Chinese Food going to take SEHughes up on his offer or not?

Mate, I'd throw down with you any day. I'll even let you keep your keys in your pocket. :wink: How far out of London are you?
Original post by sword
I wonder is Indo Chinese Food going to take SEHughes up on his offer or not?

I'd love to see that.

Now to lighten the mood:

Judo Tiger has a very nice Tai Otoshi. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1356
Original post by Einheri
He says wrestling is not a martial art. I say that it is, and have demonstrated it as such whereas he has not posited any evidence to say that it isn't except reposting "duhXBox, training in a leisure centre". Funny when I've already said that a) I do not and have never owned an XBOX and b) I train in an MMA gym and a Judo dojo, not a leisure centre (which, funnily enough is also the place where you'll most likely find some fatass teaching Wing Chun).

lol right, i think over his 16 years of training, he hasnt really learnt the definition of 'Martial Art'.
Here is what wikipedia states:

"Martial arts are extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat that are practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental, physical and spiritual development"

Wrestling fits into that category, as an unarmed grappling technique that can be used for a variety of reasons. Martial art is mainly referred to as combat.. I think hes taking WWE as wrestling loool :tongue:. WWE is entertainment btw :biggrin:.. Looool at the x box and leisure centre ahaaha.
Some leisure centres actually have really good instructors..why are you basing the term martial arts to where its taught? lol. :s
why, you have something against things 'asian' now lol? Idont really get your point, you are trying to intiate some sort of web chat fight lol? ie something along the lines of , sidestep your attemped right cross, switch stance at your double leg attempt- drive right knee up and into your septum, severe maxillofacial trauma, fight over. You really are a waste of oxygen arnt you :smile:

No, I'm just calling you out. I think your posts scream of someone who can't fight.
Original post by Z-Ninja
lol right, i think over his 16 years of training, he hasnt really learnt the definition of 'Martial Art'.
Here is what wikipedia states:

"Martial arts are extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat that are practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental, physical and spiritual development"

Wrestling fits into that category, as an unarmed grappling technique that can be used for a variety of reasons. Martial art is mainly referred to as combat.. I think hes taking WWE as wrestling loool :tongue:. WWE is entertainment btw :biggrin:.. Looool at the x box and leisure centre ahaaha.
Some leisure centres actually have really good instructors..why are you basing the term martial arts to where its taught? lol. :s

Of course , because we all take our martial arts knowledge from Wikipedia :smile:....
Well, halfwits do anyway
No, I'm just calling you out. I think your posts scream of someone who can't fight.

calling me out? lol, what does that mean, join you in the play ground for a scrap? :smile:

I already participated in your 'online chat forum wrestling grapple' your typing was defeated by my typing. I havent done that before but i guess thats how it works right? Kind of scream bedroom warrior to me

Why not come down to a wing tsun school that just happend to be 10 mins form where you lived- didnt i offer this to you before but said youd be too busy?
You can wrestle and see how far it gets you. Serious, thats not n empty comment, if its so close to you im sure we can arrange a mutual time to meet up. instead of creating new IDs on TSR to post drivel i mean

Quick Reply

Latest