The Student Room Group

To those who haven't started revising yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
Oh my gosh, Im doing Alevel as well... I tried a past paper and I couldnt do ANY of it!! So yeah... that kind of reallyyy demotivated me and I have done next to none revision whatsoever this easter.
Do you have any tips on how to get better in Maths, seeming as we're practically doing the same course??

Go through a few videos i.e. on examsolutions.co.uk then attempt questions within the textbook.
Original post by dellprinter
i have 11....

Damnn, have fun :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by ROYP
Are you an idiot?

No, but I can see your spelling has improved. Congratulations!
Reply 43
Original post by Miracle Day
None.

2 x History
2 x Sociology
1 x Psychology
1 x English Literature

First exam on the 15th May.
Last exam on the 29th May.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This is unreal LOL. This was my EXACT time table last year at AS. Feel ya painn braaaah.
Original post by ElizM_94
This is unreal LOL. This was my EXACT time table last year at AS. Feel ya painn braaaah.

Really? haha high five.

How did ya do?
Reply 45
Really? haha high five.

How did ya do?

LOL Not very well... I was very stupid last year and had a GCSE attitude so didn't really work for me. I got:
Sociology: A
English Lit: B
Psychology: C
History: D

Dropped history and now hoping to get AAB. Good luck though! And don't make the same mistake!! LOL
Original post by digestives
I love this thread. Everyday passes like so: http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3743880_460s.jpg

second that.
Original post by digestives
I love this thread. Everyday passes like so: http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3743880_460s.jpg

That's being printed out and stuck on my wall.
LOL Not very well... I was very stupid last year and had a GCSE attitude so didn't really work for me. I got:
Sociology: A
English Lit: B
Psychology: C
History: D

Dropped history and now hoping to get AAB. Good luck though! And don't make the same mistake!! LOL

Lol, my grades will be around..

History: A/B
Psychology: A/B
English Lit : B/C
Sociology: U

Any tips for English Lit?
Reply 49
Original post by Fward
No, but I can see your spelling has improved. Congratulations!

As I suspected.

You are an idiot.
Reply 50
Lol, my grades will be around..

History: A/B
Psychology: A/B
English Lit : B/C
Sociology: U

Any tips for English Lit?

Ahh well, with english lit, I only did one of the essays and an intro to the other one and ended up with a B so it's easier than thought! What books you doing? Also, what modules are you doing for socio and psycho? I can send you my revision notes if it's the same ones :smile: (I mean that in a completely non-patronising way!)
Reply 51
Original post by ROYP
As I suspected.

You are an idiot.

Well it depends on how you are defining it...If you mean I'm taking your stupid comments as a joke, then yes I am; but if you mean I am dumb, think again.
Ahh well, with english lit, I only did one of the essays and an intro to the other one and ended up with a B so it's easier than thought! What books you doing? Also, what modules are you doing for socio and psycho? I can send you my revision notes if it's the same ones :smile: (I mean that in a completely non-patronising way!)

WJEC PY2 10 case studies and research methods
WJEC HY1 Uk, and HY2 Nazi Germanny 1933-1945
WJEC SY1 Religion and research methods, and the family.
WJEC Oleanna and Seamus Heaney/Owen Sheers poetry.
Reply 53
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
Oh my gosh, Im doing Alevel as well... I tried a past paper and I couldnt do ANY of it!! So yeah... that kind of reallyyy demotivated me and I have done next to none revision whatsoever this easter.
Do you have any tips on how to get better in Maths, seeming as we're practically doing the same course??

I'm using the Edexcel books to teach myself, they're pretty good. As I was taught by my linguistics lecturer at uni, the best way to learn is by having two sources side by side so one fills in any gaps the other might have missed and gives a second perspective/way of explaining. m4ths.com (the guy's videos on youtube are under the name maths247 but you're best going through the contents on the site and clicking the link to the youtube playlist, less of a mess that way) is fantastic. If I thought I could get good at this stuff solely by watching videos and never practising I would just sit and watch everything he's made. I had a little look at examsolutions and that isn't as good.
Reply 54
WJEC PY2 10 case studies and research methods
WJEC HY1 Uk, and HY2 Nazi Germanny 1933-1945
WJEC SY1 Religion and research methods, and the family.
WJEC Oleanna and Seamus Heaney/Owen Sheers poetry.

Ah we're different exam boards! BUT I done Oleanna and Heaney as CW ad Owen and The Great Gatsby as my exam! Owen's poetry killed me LOL.
Ah we're different exam boards! BUT I done Oleanna and Heaney as CW ad Owen and The Great Gatsby as my exam! Owen's poetry killed me LOL.

I'm going to meet Owen Sheers soon -.-

Erm, can I read your cw? lol
Reply 56
I'm going to meet Owen Sheers soon -.-

Erm, can I read your cw? lol

Yeah sure :smile: Send me your email and I'll send you it! I had to compare Oleanna to The History Boys but I got full marks so just read the bits about Oleanna lol.
Oh lucky you :wink: LOOL
Reply 57
MOTIVATIONAL ADVICE FROM IRON LADY!

Greetings everyone reading my comment, I am not sure if this has been said previously so I apologise if I am repeating what others have said, but in the next few months you need to remember the following things:

Firstly, these two or so months are so short compared to the rest of your lives. If you enjoy a social life, consider the amount of time you will have in the summer holidays to catch up with friends and do what you would like to do. Just think, two months ago it was the end of January/beginning of February and how quickly April has started: that is the equivalent to your exam period. Do you want to be worrying throughout the summer with the niggling thought at the back of your mind that you didn't do as well as you hoped? Or do you want to be really pleased on results day securing your university place? Compare these two months to the rest of your life - do you want to look back on these days when you're in your 40s complaining that you wish you tried harder? Or do you want to achieve your aims and objectives?

Furthermore, for most people revision is tiresome and draining; however there is not a reason why you can't enjoy it. Take pride in your work, that way instead of dreading the day you have, you can be pleased that you're about to study X topic. Be organised and efficient, adopt a 'continual improvement' attitude where you're frequently setting yourself targets and seeking advice from teachers and this student forum. If you're a competitve person, try to do achieve more impressive results than those around you - such a good motivational factor. Again, this is for only two months.

Lastly, remember why you are doing these A-levels. Think back to the September when you started lower sixth; you signed up to them with the intention of doing well - there is absolutely no reason why you cannot achieve those goals other than laziness!

In short: short term loss, long term gain!

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 58

Do NOT refer to writers by their first names! Everrrrrr! :eek: The god of academic writing will strike you down...
Reply 59
Original post by Fward
Well it depends on how you are defining it...If you mean I'm taking your stupid comments as a joke, then yes I am; but if you mean I am dumb, think again.

Idiot as in, it would take an idiot to read 'You gon' fail' and conclude that I can't spell

Quick Reply

Latest