The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Why not come down to a wing tsun school that just happend to be 10 mins form where you lived- didnt i offer this to you before but said youd be too busy?

Wasn't me.

You can wrestle and see how far it gets you. Serious, thats not n empty comment, if its so close to you im sure we can arrange a mutual time to meet up. instead of creating new IDs on TSR to post drivel i mean?

Never had another ID on TSR. Anyway, I'm not really interested in your Wing Chun school, rather to see if you've got any fight in you.
calling me out? lol, what does that mean, join you in the play ground for a scrap? :smile:

I already participated in your 'online chat forum wrestling grapple' your typing was defeated by my typing. I havent done that before but i guess thats how it works right? Kind of scream bedroom warrior to me

Why not come down to a wing tsun school that just happend to be 10 mins form where you lived- didnt i offer this to you before but said youd be too busy?

I think he means "gong sau" to use Kung Fu terminology - a challenge fight.

You didn't defeat anyone. Every person except you on this thread has said you're wrong and spouting drivel. You've failed to provide any evidence for your argument that wrestling is not a martial art and you've failed to address any of the evidence to the contrary, what have "defeated" exactly?

Hughes: Please, please, please fight this guy and put it on youtube. I think that'd shut him up once and for all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SEHughes
Wasn't me.

Never had another ID on TSR. Anyway, I'm not really interested in your Wing Chun school, rather to see if you've got any fight in you.

Im talking about new user 'Sword' who just joined today and whose first and only post was to dig out a post you apparantly made months ago which was not in reply to anyone specific. Thats pretty standard adolescent schoolboy bedroom tough guy stuff. Laughable really.

I offerred you to come to one of my old schools in north london so we could spar, you can test your mma wrestling theory, they dont use gloves in that school i know, and allow full free sparring, including invitational, if i vouch for you.- as long as your 18+ You just need to sign an injury waiver. Serious, thats an offer not just talk. Why not?
Original post by Einheri
I think he means "gong sau" to use Kung Fu terminology - a challenge fight.

You didn't defeat anyone. Every person except you on this thread has said you're wrong and spouting drivel. You've failed to provide any evidence for your argument that wrestling is not a martial art and you've failed to address any of the evidence to the contrary, what have "defeated" exactly?

Hughes: Please, please, please fight this guy and put it on youtube. I think that'd shut him up once and for all.

You being proved wrong 5 times in a row hasnt given you the class to shut up once and for all has it einheri. What would it take for you to end your constant flow of raw sewage ?:smile:
Its gone quiet in here
Im talking about new user 'Sword' who just joined today and whose first and only post was to dig out a post you apparantly made months ago which was not in reply to anyone specific. Thats pretty standard adolescent schoolboy bedroom tough guy stuff. Laughable really.

I offerred you to come to one of my old schools in north london so we could spar, you can test your mma wrestling theory, they dont use gloves in that school i know, and allow full free sparring, including invitational, if i vouch for you.- as long as your 18+ You just need to sign an injury waiver. Serious, thats an offer not just talk. Why not?

Why do we need to go to your old school? Any old park will do.
You being proved wrong 5 times in a row hasnt given you the class to shut up once and for all has it einheri.

What would it take for you to end your constant flow of raw sewage ?:smile:

Umm, no; you haven't.

You were the one who quoted me out of no where.
Why do we need to go to your old school? Any old park will do.

becuase if i have to call an ambulance for you from my school, i will be covered by my insurance and the law. If i call for one in a park i may face a criminal conviction, which i have no intention of receiving. I dont see the big issue, if we are sparring, we do it in a school, why would i run round a park like some chav anyway?

Like i said offer is there, you are the one doing the talking, lets see if you have the plums. We can meet in N1, north london, its an old church close to the tube, you can PM me your details.
Original post by Einheri
Umm, no; you haven't.

You were the one who quoted me out of no where.

The only reason i would have quoted you is to pick on the fact you were talking bull**** again. Other than that you rarely have anything of value to say einheri.
Reply 1369
Of course , because we all take our martial arts knowledge from Wikipedia :smile:....
Well, halfwits do anyway

LOL, i stated from there because i completly agree with the definition bro... now what really would be intresting is your definition of 'Martial Art'.. so lets hear it :wink: :tongue:
The only reason i would have quoted you is to pick on the fact you were talking bull**** again. Other than that you rarely have anything of value to say einheri.

You quoted me to say that wrestling isn't a martial art, a statement which you have provided no evidence to back up. Who is talking bull**** here?
Original post by Z-Ninja
LOL, i stated from there because i completly agree with the definition bro... now what really would be intresting is your definition of 'Martial Art'.. so lets hear it :wink: :tongue:

A martial art is system of combat, largely but not exclusively for self defence.
The purpose was and is to apply the principles of science to combat.

Im not here to give you an education, 'bro' go and spend sometime learning what its all about in the real world (ex-wikipedia)
Original post by Einheri
You quoted me to say that wrestling isn't a martial art, a statement which you have provided no evidence to back up. Who is talking bull**** here?

the wrestling you do isnt, no.
There are vale tudo wrestling forms that are, as you know, what you train is competition wrestling. Im pretty sure i explained this to you many times before, which is why ive no interest in having discussion with you about these things, you know very little and you dont take information in.

So again the answer is, you again.
Reply 1373
A martial art is system of combat, largely but not exclusively for self defence.
The purpose was and is to apply the principles of science to combat.

Im not here to give you an education, 'bro' go and spend sometime learning what its all about in the real world (ex-wikipedia)

Yo im not asking you to educate me, just wana know your view on this.. So why don't you consider wrestling as an 'application of science to combat'?..btw i think my definition pretty much said the same thing lol..:tongue:
the wrestling you do isnt, no.
There are vale tudo wrestling forms that are, as you know, what you train is competition wrestling. Im pretty sure i explained this to you many times before, which is why ive no interest in having discussion with you about these things, you know very little and you dont take information in.

So again the answer is, you again.

Vale Tudo forms of wrestling would be Luta Livre, No-gi BJJ, and Catch Wrestling; basically various forms of submission grappling without a gi. That's what was always used in Vale Tudo, plus Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and occasionally Judo depending on what clothes were worn. Do you even know what Vale Tudo is?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Einheri
Vale Tudo forms of wrestling would be Luta Livre, No-gi BJJ, and Catch Wrestling; basically various forms of submission grappling without a gi. That's what was always used in Vale Tudo, plus Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and occasionally Judo depending on what clothes were worn. Do you even know what Vale Tudo is?

No, Vale tudo existed before catch wrestling (japanese version not english) and no gi bjj and Luta Livre, and has **** all to do with judo. Do you even know what Vale Tudo is?

clearly not, stop wasting my time will you pretending to know about stuff you have no clue about.
(edited 12 years ago)
No, Vale tudo existed before catch wrestling (japanese version not english)

and no gi bjj and Luta Livre, and has **** all to do with judo.

Do you even know what Vale Tudo is?

Then it wasn't Vale Tudo - Vale Tudo is Brazilian Portugese and means "anything goes". Vale Tudo refers to no holds barred fights in Brazil, especially during the early 20th century. Don't use incorrect terminology and then expect people to know what you're trying (and failing) to refer to. I'm well aware that challenge matches and NHB matches existed in Japan; I was talking last time about Kano Jigoro's challenge matches with Jujutsu schools.

BJJ came from Judo, BJJ is basically Judo with an emphasis on ne-waza rather than on tachi-waza - Maeda Mitsuyo, the guy who is the recognized first generation of what can be called Brazilian Jiu-jitsu was a Judoka and a 7th Dan directly under Kano Jigoro, and Hélio Gracie was a 6th Dan under Kimura Masahiko sooooo . . . yeah, BJJ has plenty to do with Judo.

Yes, but evidently you don't.
Fight's OWWWNNNNN!
Reply 1378
Einheri is right.

BJJ is rooted entirely in Judo, not Traditional Jiu-jitsu.

Except for the modern guards and some technical embellishments, all the original Gracie stuff came direct from Judo, even if they weren't legal for shiai.

Except for the Kodokan being fussy about exporting it to Brazil, it would probably be called Brazilian Judo (and have the unfortunate abbreviation of "BJ") except for Count Koma being prevented from using the word "Judo" when he went over.
Reply 1379
Fight's OWWWNNNNN!

Seriously. I think this might be the only way to solve this.

Quick Reply

Latest