The Student Room Group

How rare are brunette girls with green eyes?

I really want to go out with a girl who has brunette hair and green eyes, but I am struggling to find one. I assume they do exist? There's nothing genetic to stop this combination of features? I know green eyes are pretty rare anyway, but those who do have green eyes tend to have either blonde or black hair rather than brunette and I really want to find a brunette with green eyes.

So have you ever seen one? Or indeed, are you one yourself.

Edit: lol, negged to oblivion for having a personal preference on eye/hair colour...because, of course, none of you have opinions or preferences on what makes a person attractive. :rolleyes:

Consciously or subconsciously everybody seeks out certain attributes in potential partners. How many times have I heard girls in clubs call an 'unattractive' guy who approaches them a 'creep', whilst when an 'attractive' guy approaches them they're 'cute' and they can't get enough of it.

Hypocrites...the lot of you.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The mere fact you're basing your preference for a partner on their EYE AND HAIR COLOUR makes me think you don't derserve one.

FYI - it's a pretty common combination yes.
Reply 2
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
The mere fact you're basing your preference for a partner on their EYE AND HAIR COLOUR makes me think you don't derserve one.

FYI - it's a pretty common combination yes.

Why not? Is it that bad to have a preference on physical characteristics? I'm pretty sure everybody does, whether they willing to admit it or not is another matter.

But thanks for your post.
Reply 3
Original post by Torpedo Fish
Why not? Is it that bad to have a preference on physical characteristics? I'm pretty sure everybody does, whether they willing to admit it or not is another matter.

The most common hair colour with green eyes is brown. Unfortunately for you, very few people actually have green eyes....

Yeah...it's one thing to have a preference but to seek out these girls is another matter. What if you meet a lovely brunette with brown eyes?! Or a girl who was brunette with green eyes but was rather unattractive/mean?!
We exist :smile:, but yeah it does sound a little specifically shallow to be honest.
Reply 6
Aha yes, us green eyed people with naturally brown hair do exist :smile:

I'd say most of us tend to have brown hair anyway, or well, my natural colour is brown, I dye it red though. You probably have met plenty, but because a lot of people such as myself dye their hair, some of them who are naturally brunette might have changed hair colours.
Although, there a still a lot of people out there who don't dye their hair still. :tongue: That and a green eyed person can easily dye their hair brown or back to brown if its their natural colour anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes I have brown hair and green eyes, they do exist!
Reply 8
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Yeah...it's one thing to have a preference but to seek out these girls is another matter. What if you meet a lovely brunette with brown eyes?! Or a girl who was brunette with green eyes but was rather unattractive/mean?!

If I liked them, then of course eye and hair colour wouldn't matter, and obviously I wouldn't want to be with somebody who's horrible. But we are talking about people I've never met, so I don't know whether they're nice or horrible. I'm just talking about features that I find initially attractive.
Reply 9
Original post by GirasoleL
Aha yes, us green eyed people with naturally brown hair do exist :smile:

I'd say most of us tend to have brown hair anyway, or well, my natural colour is brown, I dye it red though. You probably have met plenty, but because a lot of people such as myself dye their hair, some of them who are naturally brunette might have changed hair colours.
Although, there a still a lot of people out there who don't dye their hair still. :tongue: That and a green eyed person can easily dye their hair brown or back to brown if its their natural colour anyway.

Why would you do that?! Green eyes and brunette hair looks so pretty. :love:
Reply 10
It's not that uncommon, a lot of Latin and mediterranean and Persian girls would meet those criteria.

Interesting that I say that because those girls are often considered the hottest - maybe you're on to something OP. :holmes:
Reply 11
PS I assume you mean pretty, bright, vibrant green... not murky horrible green eyes (which is unfortunately more common).
They are impossible to find.

Forever alone ;_;
I have green eyes and brown hair .... its pretty weird that you want a girlfriend based on hair and eye colour.

Negged for my biological make up or thinking it weird someone will only date a girl with a certain hair and eye colour I can't tell.
(edited 11 years ago)
its one thing to state a type of person you find attractive, but it does sound odd how you really want to seek one out!
Reply 15
Is this not the plot of Big Trouble, Little China?
I know two girls who do :smile:

... My favourite eye colour is grey :sogood: but I wouldn't just look for someone with grey eyes any eye colour is fine.
I do! Me! Over here! Pick me! Me!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
I really want to go out with a girl who has brunette hair and green eyes, but I am struggling to find one. I assume they do exist? There's nothing genetic to stop this combination of features? I know green eyes are pretty rare anyway, but those who do have green eyes tend to have either blonde or black hair rather than brunette and I really want to find a brunette with green eyes.

So have you ever seen one? Or indeed, are you one yourself.

I am a brunette with green eyes. Although my eyes are olive green and tend to look brown sometimes. I am British but my ethnicity is Azari Persian (Iranian). I suppose you could find quite a few brunettes with green eyes in Britain, but the green eyes you'll find will probably look more blue.

They definitely exist & I agree they can be quite pleasant to look at.

Latest