The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by iamlovinit05
You local to Manchester?

I've read that the veggie option from the catered isn't bad.
But nothing beats cooking yourself I guess!

About an hour drive so not too far away :smile: So yeah i have been a fair few times and just love it!!
Yeah i have aswell, but im a bit fussy, not too keen on a fair amount of vegetables, so feeling my cooking may the best yeah!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 81
Firmed for Chem eng
AAA and chose it since imperial were antisocial enough to offer 3 A*s and also the third year in industry looks like a sweet deal
Accomodation wise it'll have to be Fallowfield, leaving me with a choice between OP OH and richmond
Reply 82
im thinking of putting Whitworth park as a preference in september and am a bit curious as to how the single sex areas work. My boyfriend would come to stay for a day or two with me when i start at uni, but would he be allowed to stay with me in a single sex flat?
And is the same in other accommodation? :smile:
Firm Course; Hebrew and Israeli Studies
Insurance; Middle Eastern Languages - Hebrew & Persian
Offer; BBC (for both)
Why Manchester; Its such a diverse city and it's just amazing, it's far enough away from home to move out but close enough for visiting!
Halls; St. Gabriels
Reply 84
Subject:- MEng Aerospace Engineering (Firm)
Offer:- AAA
Accomodation:- Weston, Fairfield and Lambert
Reply 85
Firm Medicine AAA
I'm thinking of Richmond Park and Wright Robinson. I wanted Owens Park but I don't want catered :frown:
Original post by whita
About an hour drive so not too far away :smile: So yeah i have been a fair few times and just love it!!
Yeah i have aswell, but im a bit fussy, not too keen on a fair amount of vegetables, so feeling my cooking may the best yeah!

Ahh i see then. probably going to be cheaper to cook yourself as well.
Honestly, i dont know how ashburne's gonna be as its relatively small and theres a decent number of postgrads. wonder how fun'll it be.
Reply 87
Original post by iamlovinit05
Ahh i see then. probably going to be cheaper to cook yourself as well.
Honestly, i dont know how ashburne's gonna be as its relatively small and theres a decent number of postgrads. wonder how fun'll it be.

Yeahh id be interested to see aswell!!!! its in fallowfields so im sure something will be going on :smile:
just applied: Sheavyn house, Oak housee, Whitworth park :smile:
Reply 88
firmed.
economics and philosophy.
aab.

still considering accommodation, not sure whether en suite is the way to go or not.
Original post by whita
Yeahh id be interested to see aswell!!!! its in fallowfields so im sure something will be going on :smile:
just applied: Sheavyn house, Oak housee, Whitworth park :smile:

Awesome :smile:. Sheavyn looks quite nice, but it's kinda expensive. I think it shares it's freshers week with Ashburne but i'm not too sure!
Reply 90
Original post by whita
im thinking of putting Whitworth park as a preference in september and am a bit curious as to how the single sex areas work. My boyfriend would come to stay for a day or two with me when i start at uni, but would he be allowed to stay with me in a single sex flat?
And is the same in other accommodation? :smile:

I can't say for certain, but based on experience of single sex areas of accomodation in other universities that'd be no problem whatsoever. Yeah, you'll be put in a flat with people your own sex, but it's not as though they'll stop guys from coming in, it's not a boarding school.
Reply 91
Firrrrmed!!

Subject: Medicine
Offer: Basically Unconditional (if i fill out a health questionnaire/CRB check)
Why Manchester?: Course, City, Nightlife etc.. whats not to like?! (oh maybe the fact its apparently got the highest crime rates in UK :/)
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Applied for: Owens Park, Woolten Hall and Allen hall.

Anyone know what the "standard" rooms in Allen Hall actually are, do they have a washbasin.. ?

Original post by CraigKirk
I'll join in!

Hi Craig :wink: seeing you everywhere! hahah.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rozca
Hi Craig :wink: seeing you everywhere! hahah.

Indeed! Chances are I'll probably be seeing a lot more of you too! :tongue:
Subject: Biomedical Science
Offer: AAB
Why Manchester: Lively city, amazing reputation for research and Life Science
Course: Business Management and Spanish
Offer: AAB
Why Manchester?: Know the city, love it, got a 'buzz' about it, great nightlife, good course - can't wait! :wink:
Accommodation: Bowden Court, Grosvenor Place, Whitworth Park
BUT, can't make my mind up as to which to firm - there or Queen's. Only got 'til 9th May to decide! :confused:
Original post by DarkWave93
Subject:- MEng Aerospace Engineering (Firm)
Offer:- AAA
Accomodation:- Weston, Fairfield and Lambert

what did you get for GCSEs and what A-level subjects did you do. did you have an interview with them or any tests.i am asking so much because i want to get into aerospace in manchester.
Reply 96
Firmed for Sociology. AAB. Want to be in Richmond Park, love it!
Reply 97
Original post by kaboon-supreme
what did you get for GCSEs and what A-level subjects did you do. did you have an interview with them or any tests.i am asking so much because i want to get into aerospace in manchester.

I did not have an interview. I got 3A* 6As and a couple of Bs in GCSE. Don't worry about GCSE's tbh.......i dont think they care much abt gcse's.......as long as you have a good personal statement, a good reference and meet thier minimum requirements.....you should be offered a place.
Subject: Medicine
Offer: AAA
Why Manchester?: CURRY MILE
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: Richmond or sheavyn
Original post by DarkWave93
I did not have an interview. I got 3A* 6As and a couple of Bs in GCSE. Don't worry about GCSE's tbh.......i dont think they care much abt gcse's.......as long as you have a good personal statement, a good reference and meet thier minimum requirements.....you should be offered a place.

thankyou you just made my day:colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending