The Student Room Group

What nationality am I?

I'm filling in a new employee form for a summer job I got, on the form it's asking me for my nationality. I always thought my nationality would be Indian because I'm indian and my parents are from India.

I was actually born here and while checking my passport it says that my nationality is "BRITISH CITIZEN"

Which one should I put down from IND or GBR?

Thanks in advance guys

EDIT: Guys I realized I'm an idiot xD but got my answer so thanks everyone!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Put Mexican.
(edited 12 years ago)
OMG, how can you not know your nationality >.< It is obviously british so put british down -.-
Reply 3
If you don't have an Indian citizenship put British, either that or just put British Asian/Indian.
Reply 4
Original post by 0range
I'm filling in a new employee form for a summer job I got, on the form it's asking me for my nationality. I always thought my nationality would be Indian because I'm indian and my parents are from India.

I was actually born here and while checking my passport it says that my nationality is "BRITISH CITIZEN"

Thanks in advance guys

I think it'd be GBR you need to put mate as you will be in the system, you kind of answered your own question with what it says on your passport:wink:.

If I was born in India my nationality would be Indian due to the registration that gets done at the hospital or whatever the process is
In terms of nationality, you are a British Citizen.

In terms of ethnicity you are Asian (Indian).

So put down British.
(edited 12 years ago)
Since you are born here, put down, British Citizen
Reply 7
ahh right thanks guys :smile: need to go tell this to my friend as well :P
Reply 8
Your ethnicity and nationality are different things:

Nationality= British
Ethnicity= Indian

Good luck in your job :biggrin:
Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
Put Mexcian.

:lol:
Original post by TheHansa
but you can be a national of more than one country surely? Not that he'll miss out on a job for not quite getting his nationality correct.

Yes you can, but OP didn't mention anything about dual nationality, he is a british citizen unless he also has a Indian passport.
Original post by arnoob
OMG, how can you not know your nationality >.< It is obviously british so put british down -.-

Some people get confused and think that nationality and ethnicity are the same thing, when really they are not.
Original post by Dee Leigh
Some people get confused and think that nationality and ethnicity are the same thing, when really they are not.

Exactly, but wouldn't you think that most people would figure that out by their early teens, if not earlier...
Reply 13
Original post by SubAtomic
I think it'd be GBR you need to put mate as you will be in the system, you kind of answered your own question with what it says on your passport:wink:.

If I was born in India my nationality would be Indian due to the registration that gets done at the hospital or whatever the process is

Although u are rite about him being Indian (I'am too :biggrin:)

The part about being born in India does not make my nationality Indian....... I was born in Dubai and stayed there for 10 years... they did not bother giving me citizenship :mad: !!!

I guess it depends on country to country !!! :smile:
Original post by Nikstar95
Although u are rite about him being Indian (I'am too :biggrin:)

The part about being born in India does not make my nationality Indian....... I was born in Dubai and stayed there for 10 years... they did not bother giving me citizenship :mad: !!!

I guess it depends on country to country !!! :smile:

Ahh ok, guess I learnt my something new for today cheers:wink:
Reply 15
Original post by arnoob
Exactly, but wouldn't you think that most people would figure that out by their early teens, if not earlier...

LOL .... alot of ppl dont figure much more imp stuff by their early teens....nationality is not even in the picture !!! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by 0range

Thanks in advance guys

So many dumb people in this country....bring on the neg rep :smile:
Original post by Nikstar95
LOL .... alot of ppl dont figure much more imp stuff by their early teens....nationality is not even in the picture !!! :smile:

I am starting to loose faith in our generation :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by SubAtomic
Ahh ok, guess I learnt my something new for today cheers:wink:

:beer: :biggrin:
Reply 19
id put down British..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending