The Student Room Group

Unfairly banned from plenty of fish

I was a member of plenty of fish, and so was my ex girlfriend. She reported me on there for no reason and without question, they banned me from it. I tried communicating with them to explain the issue but they just kept saying the ban is not going to be lifted, very frustrating! Is there anything I can to get back on there? I have tried using and creating a new email address but each time I try to register it keeps saiyng the username is taken, no matter what username I try (even random letters). I'm really don't know how they keep knowing it is me! I recently got a new router and changed houses but they still somehow know it is me as I still can't sign up. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Get out and meet someone face to face
Reply 2
Original post by Jaidenh
Get out and meet someone face to face

That is beyond the point, and not what im asking.
Reply 3
Original post by silenceoflove
That is beyond the point, and not what im asking.

Was just a suggestion
Reply 4
is it the girl you were with for 5 years and came on tsr around January worrying abotu it all?

You sure your not stalking her? Would make a lot of sense...

Oh and if you reply with "it isn't your business" then unfortunately it is because you posted on here with this "problem" and i've offered you with a possible solution/reason why they have banned you. Use your noggin... If your mentioning that your ex is on it then chances are you were at least having a peek every now and then, and it does hurt breaking up after 5 years so one would understand. I wouldn't be surprised if you were stalking her :rolleyes:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Would've thought websites can only really ban by IP no? Maybe delete all your cookies/cache etc, if that doesn't work then try signing up from a different computer o suttin..

I was banned by IP :frown: But on OKC :frown:.

OP - Go slap the bitch :wink:
Reply 6
I was not stalking her but I can see why they might think that now. I think dating sites are very good. As long as you take it beyond the internet, btu thats my personal preference. Thankyou for your suggestions, I guess I'll just have to try signing up from a library or something.
Join Okcupid, I think it's better :smile:
Original post by Foo.mp3
:eek: What'd you do to get banned?

No idea tbh! :frown:
What a complete ****** you are. Judgemental ****** at that.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Would've thought websites can only really ban by IP no? Maybe delete all your cookies/cache etc, if that doesn't work then try signing up from a different computer o suttin..

The worst site for banning people is Digital Spy forums. I was banned for 2 weeks for asking what happens if you missed an interview due to faulty temporary traffic lights. They said it was a 'Pointless' question. So that's obviously a serious offence in the Digital spy universe.

Digital spy has no appeals procedure, they didn't even have a link to argue my case. DS bans people for little to no reason. I have not used it since early December even though my ban finished then.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by silenceoflove
I was a member of plenty of fish, and so was my ex girlfriend. She reported me on there for no reason and without question, they banned me from it. I tried communicating with them to explain the issue but they just kept saying the ban is not going to be lifted, very frustrating! Is there anything I can to get back on there? I have tried using and creating a new email address but each time I try to register it keeps saiyng the username is taken, no matter what username I try (even random letters). I'm really don't know how they keep knowing it is me! I recently got a new router and changed houses but they still somehow know it is me as I still can't sign up. Any suggestions?

Yh delete cookies & cache first and try it again. If that doesnt work try using a proxy to get round it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest