The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for the Access to Medicine Course at City and Islington college?

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum.
I have an interview at candi college next week for the access to medicine course and i was wondering if anyone knows what type of questions they ask you at the interview and in the maths and english test?
Also has anyone had an offer from any of the London and surrounding area universities to do BSc Physiotherapy?
Thank you
Hi bro.....I do not know the success rate from that college but I guess you must be in London so I thought I would recommend Lambeth College to you. I joined last September and got a place at Kings for medicine. We have had quite a few people going on to Med and Dent, So even for Physio this College would be a good choice. Do not hesitate to ask if you need any more info. Salaam.
Reply 2
Original post by Insomniac Biker
Hi bro.....I do not know the success rate from that college but I guess you must be in London so I thought I would recommend Lambeth College to you. I joined last September and got a place at Kings for medicine. We have had quite a few people going on to Med and Dent, So even for Physio this College would be a good choice. Do not hesitate to ask if you need any more info. Salaam.

please tell me about the assessment at Lambeth? Really difficult? Did you prepare etc?
I will start volunteering at King's College inshallah and I did my work experience there, BUT the UKCAT score they want is so high! Even with an access course, do they expect 600 + ?

Thanks.
Original post by itzme
please tell me about the assessment at Lambeth? Really difficult? Did you prepare etc?
I will start volunteering at King's College inshallah and I did my work experience there, BUT the UKCAT score they want is so high! Even with an access course, do they expect 600 + ?

Thanks.

Salaam.....the assessment was really quite straight forward at Lambeth. It consists of a Literacy and Numeracy part, The Literacy involves reading an article and then answering question, whilst the numeracy involves simple calculations, GCSE standard I would say. The use of a calculator is not allowed so make sure your mental arithmetic is up to scratch ( percentages, decimal places, simple algebra, indices etc). I really didn't have to prepare for it, but a little preparation would not hurt.

Lambeth only requires proof of registration for the UKCAT upon enrolment, so it will not influence their making an offer to you.

MashAllah sis, make sure you do the work experience at Kings....that will definitely help ur application to Kings for Med.

Any more questions, please fell free to ask. Salaam
Reply 4
Salaam.....the assessment was really quite straight forward at Lambeth. It consists of a Literacy and Numeracy part, The Literacy involves reading an article and then answering question, whilst the numeracy involves simple calculations, GCSE standard I would say. The use of a calculator is not allowed so make sure your mental arithmetic is up to scratch ( percentages, decimal places, simple algebra, indices etc). I really didn't have to prepare for it, but a little preparation would not hurt.

Lambeth only requires proof of registration for the UKCAT upon enrolment, so it will not influence their making an offer to you.

MashAllah sis, make sure you do the work experience at Kings....that will definitely help ur application to Kings for Med.

Any more questions, please fell free to ask. Salaam

what is this UKcat alll about?
Reply 5
Hi Does anyone knows what the curriculum for this course is?

What was your interview like? I have an interview next month for the same course as well.

Please advise
Reply 6
Original post by mohamad82
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum.
I have an interview at candi college next week for the access to medicine course and i was wondering if anyone knows what type of questions they ask you at the interview and in the maths and english test?
Also has anyone had an offer from any of the London and surrounding area universities to do BSc Physiotherapy?
Thank you

Hi mate, how was your interview? What was it like? What sort of questions were you asked and what sort of assessment test did you take? I have my interview scheduled next month. Please advise
Reply 7
Hi, just asking for help. I would like to study medicine and I actually enrolled at Greenwich Community College to study Access to Nursing as I do not have A Levels nor Mathematics at GCSE. An advisor at the college told me about the Access to Medicine Course at both Lambeth and City and Islington and hence applied at both colleges. Lambeth College responded by offering an assessment on the 17th of May and it seems from the threads I have been reading the maths is quite challenging for a mature student who has been out of school for years. What I would like to know is that are there any other courses that one can actually study in order to be able to secure a place at Uni to study Medicine other than the Access to Medicine course? Or maybe I should just stick to the Access to Nursing Course starting in September, and after I have a degree in Nursing I can then move on to Medicine? I ask too many questions, but is it easier to get on to Medicine after having completed a nursing degree?
Reply 8
Is Lambeth boy's an girls college
Reply 9

Hi, I am glad to find someone who did the access to medicine course in Lambeth college. I wanted to apply for the same course but I couldn't find the webpage, any ideas why was it removed?

Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by samwinds444
Hi, just asking for help. I would like to study medicine and I actually enrolled at Greenwich Community College to study Access to Nursing as I do not have A Levels nor Mathematics at GCSE. An advisor at the college told me about the Access to Medicine Course at both Lambeth and City and Islington and hence applied at both colleges. Lambeth College responded by offering an assessment on the 17th of May and it seems from the threads I have been reading the maths is quite challenging for a mature student who has been out of school for years. What I would like to know is that are there any other courses that one can actually study in order to be able to secure a place at Uni to study Medicine other than the Access to Medicine course? Or maybe I should just stick to the Access to Nursing Course starting in September, and after I have a degree in Nursing I can then move on to Medicine? I ask too many questions, but is it easier to get on to Medicine after having completed a nursing degree?

Hi there, I thought this may help
http://www.independent.co.uk/student/postgraduate/postgraduate-study/postgraduate-queries-how-does-a-nurse-become-a-doctor-how-do-i-get-into-teaching-1701755.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending