The Student Room Group

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by mitul_10
thanks whens your final interview?

still waiting for a date man, quite a few applications this year!
Reply 821
yh true say im happy just to get mines done been waiting a while! what are your other choices like for uni and other school leavers?
Reply 822
Hey guys jus had my final interview just waiting for a reply really scared lol :/ if you have any questions/worries just message me! I applied Bham/Bham btw!
Got my first interview next week, and was wondering if they're expecting you to prepare anything like a presentation or case study etc?
Or is it just a normal interview of you turn up with nothing and they ask you the usual questions?
Reply 824
Just received my phone call from the partner who interviewed me and I got the job!

Any questions, let me know... I applied for Durham/London
Reply 825
Original post by Confused101
Got my first interview next week, and was wondering if they're expecting you to prepare anything like a presentation or case study etc?
Or is it just a normal interview of you turn up with nothing and they ask you the usual questions?

For the first interview it is just competency based questions and nothing else really. It should all be stated in the email they sent you.
Reply 826
It's been two weeks since my partner interview really want to know now. Shall I email them?
Can anyone highlight the advantages and disadvantages of this scheme to me? I am very much interested in applying but feel I will be limited in future career prospects with an accountancy degree, anyone care to shed some light? thank you
Reply 828
yh true say im happy just to get mines done been waiting a while! what are your other choices like for uni and other school leavers?

Hey guys jus had my final interview just waiting for a reply really scared lol :/ if you have any questions/worries just message me! I applied Bham/Bham btw!

Original post by pjp1993
Just received my phone call from the partner who interviewed me and I got the job!

HEy guys got my final interview coming up soon, a few questions: were the questions about your presentation difficult? How did you prepare for the analysis excercise?
Thanks guys
ps
any tips?

It's been two weeks since my partner interview really want to know now. Shall I email them?

pss mitul if you still haven't heard from them i would email them but there have been alot of applictaions so just might me delayed.

I understand your frustration! My partner took 3 weeks to call me. You can email them but it's not necessarily going to help. I emailed them but it was just a standard ''we're are in the process of considering your application'' or smth along the lines of that. My partner explained and apologised for the lateness because of the easter holidays and being busy and stuff, so I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Good luck!
Reply 830

I would email in your situation, to be honest it might come across as a lack of motivation if you don't at this stage. A two week wait is insane IMO. That said, prepare yourself in case it is bad news. This is no reflection on you, I don't know how good a candidate you may be, but when left waiting for two weeks my instinct would be the answer isn't likely to be good.

When I had mine (granted not at KPMG, mine was at Deloitte) the partner gave me an answer before I even left the room. Really not fair of them to drag it out.
Hello, is anyone here doing this scheme at the moment? I dont quite understand... but im really interested, im in year 12 and definitely would be applying for this scheme as soon as I can.. so hows a week in this scheme going to be like, say I choose to work in the London office and uni at any of the three, how many days would I work and when do I go to uni? Do I have to cover all my travel expenses? I live in Essex, so I could stay at home if im working for a few days, and they say they pay for your accommodation whilst you're at uni?

regards
Reply 832
Original post by kontemptXD
Can anyone highlight the advantages and disadvantages of this scheme to me? I am very much interested in applying but feel I will be limited in future career prospects with an accountancy degree, anyone care to shed some light? thank you

Have a read of their website. If you want to do anything in business, an Accountancy degree really isn't going to limit you and the work experience with such a big firm will open up a lot of doors. My housemate just left the old school leaver scheme at the age of 23 and joined one of the largest communications companies on £55k a year plus benefits (South East).

The biggest advantage is the knowledge of having a job secured, no student debt, good pay and great experience. The disadvantage is that you won't be with the same accounting intake at Uni all the time but you will be with all of the other KPMG school leavers and it is exactly the same.

Original post by kyler1018xx
Hello, is anyone here doing this scheme at the moment? I dont quite understand... but im really interested, im in year 12 and definitely would be applying for this scheme as soon as I can.. so hows a week in this scheme going to be like, say I choose to work in the London office and uni at any of the three, how many days would I work and when do I go to uni? Do I have to cover all my travel expenses? I live in Essex, so I could stay at home if im working for a few days, and they say they pay for your accommodation whilst you're at uni?

Your best bet is to read their website and brochure - it has the answer to most of these.
Reply 833
hi,

I was just wondering how long did it generally take people to hear from start to finish of the application process?

all my tests have been done and my application is being reviewed by the university. Do i now have a high chance of getting it?

please get back to me asap

thnx :smile::smile:
Hi phleas

I applied at the end of January and got my offer at the end of April, so its a decent time.

I think the online tests are just to act as a filter. You have a neutral chance atm , if you do well in your interviews you have a good chance of getting a place, if you dont you dont.
Reply 835
Original post by pjp1993

Ah well done Ive just got a place with the same combo as you! :smile: woo have you got the pack through and stuff about stephenson college? got it in the easter hols
Reply 836
Original post by quoo22
Ah well done Ive just got a place with the same combo as you! :smile: woo have you got the pack through and stuff about stephenson college? got it in the easter hols

Thanks- Congratulations aswell! Yeah I received it a few weeks ago I think, are you on the facebook group?
Reply 837
Original post by pjp1993
Thanks- Congratulations aswell! Yeah I received it a few weeks ago I think, are you on the facebook group?

Haha thats cool, and no im not atm! Had a look at it, but was too scared to join :L lol thought id just meet everyone there tbh! :smile:
Reply 838
hi,

i was wondering how low it takes usually to hear whether you were successful in your first round interview or not? also, can they only ask the behaviours which they listed in the email?

please reply as i've got my very soon :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 839
Original post by phleas
hi,

i was wondering how low it takes usually to hear whether you were successful in your first round interview or not? also, can they only ask the behaviours which they listed in the email?

please reply as i've got my very soon :smile: :smile: :smile:

i got my reply within a couple if days, but this was when it wasn't busy so it may take longer now.
yep they only ask from the competencies they've listed in the email
good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending