The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wear a neck support around him?

I would just punch him in the face, the more of a fight you put up, the less worthwhile strangling you will be.
Reply 2
Wear one of those collars with spikes on it. The benefits will be two-fold: firstly your brother will find it more difficult to strangle you, and it'll be painful for him; secondly, your parents won't like it and you can make them tell off your brother in order to get you to stop wearing it.
Original post by Anonymous
My brother has strangled me numerous times in the past, most recently last night. I have told my parents but they do nothing to resolve his temper and constant violence towards me.

What should I do?

What were the reasons he did this to you?
That's pretty warped, actually. If your parents won't listen, can't you tell your social worker or something?
Original post by Dandaman9999
What were the reasons he did this to you?

Is there ever a good reason to strangle someone, especially a male strangling a female? .. EDIT: Are you a girl op?

OP, report him. If he does it to the point where it hurts, that's abuse and you should report him either to the Police or get him help from a social worker/therapist.
its ok to hit him if it is self defence. i would kick him in a certain area between the legs - he cant do anything if his hands are near your neck.

my brother has beaten me up before aswell (although most of the things he does is verbal now adays). it involved throwing me down onto a pavement, and at one point he started punching me in the stomach.

just use self defence, and count the days until you dont ever have to see him again.

hope things work out.
Reply 7
Original post by alexmason1991
Is there ever a good reason to strangle someone, especially a male strangling a female? .. EDIT: Are you a girl op?

OP, report him. If he does it to the point where it hurts, that's abuse and you should report him either to the Police or get him help from a social worker/therapist.

Sexism on TSR:redface:
Original post by Oldboy5745
Wear a neck support around him?

I thought I would read answers like 'OMG that is like totally unacceptable! Run away from home and tell the police! No one should be allowed to get away with this etc etc..'

And then I read neck support :laugh:
He is committing a criminal offence.

Call the police. Now.
Original post by cuppycake08
That's pretty warped, actually. If your parents won't listen, can't you tell your social worker or something?

most people don't tend to have their own specific social worker :/ jus sayin

OP why not wear a gimp outfit just to creep him out if he thinks your in on the BDSM scene maybe he wont strangle you because he thinks you enjoy it?

Crazy plans, crazy times, wheres mi rum tum tum
Reply 11
Give him a cuddle.
Violence is not the answer my friends.

You must approach him calmly and in harmony....by this I mean ripping his balls off. Mvahahahaha!!
Reply 13
Original post by cuppycake08

Does everyone automatically have a personal social worker? If so, I'd love to meet mine. :rolleyes:
I've had similar problems with my brother, he most recently left a massive bruise on my shin where he kicked me as hard as he could, and bruises all over my arms where he'd been punching me. He's smacked my head against walls and pulled my hair, just ridiculous things really.
He's got bad anger issues and I think my parents are sorting out some counselling for him, maybe its something you could suggest to your parents and see how they respond to that?
Original post by alexmason1991

Sorry, that's not what I meant... I wanted to know to what extent did the brother do this and what were the reasons. Whether it was intended for harm or not.
Original post by PatrickD
Does everyone automatically have a personal social worker? If so, I'd love to meet mine. :rolleyes:

Well any social worker then. Or the cops or something.
Reply 17
I'm fortunate to say I haven't been subjected to any domestic violence in years, but I will say that when I was younger, my big brother would get pissed off at anything I did and no matter how strong my side of the argument was, my dad would always favour him considerably.

It's a harsh truth that favouritism exists, the benefit you can take from your brothers and fathers faults is that you can learn from their mistakes, which makes you a better person and in the future a better parent.
As the others have said, I suggest you learn some self defence (probably something I should do aswell, but heck at my age now any disputes are luckily verbal).

I hope you can find help OP, just remember that its only a few years until you move out (I guess) and that people subjected to such evil often turn out to be the most beautiful if they pull through :wink:
Original post by Dalek1099
Sexism on TSR:redface:

Hardly sexism. It's a known fact that girls are (although not always lol) physically weaker (in terms of arm strength etc/height/muscle) compared to men. Plus guys banter fight a lot, although most stop at strangling. It may be a bit sexist I guess, but that doesn't make it any less true.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
bash his *******s i with a brick