The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Cats imitating art:

:pierre:
Original post by Mod Calm
You're a Newcastle uni student... It's practically sacrilege not to drink, even if you are on your own!

haha, I've pretty much demolished my rum, might start on the wine in the fridge soon.
Reply 722
Original post by Liam_G
cats

Famous paintings improved by cats:

Reply 723
Original post by seanfromtheblock
haha, I've pretty much demolished my rum, might start on the wine in the fridge soon.

I'm saving myself for tomorrow night. There's a conference on during the day in Percy Building that my mate is helping out with, so we're going out with a few of the lecturers for food and drinks after. Then probably going off for more drinks with some other mates. It has been too long since I've visited the cage in Sinners, and the trebles of Gotham Town - They are calling me back. :P
Reply 724
Original post by thurin
moar cats

:love:

Oh my, the birth of Venus one, I actually laughed out loud :rofl2:
Original post by Mad Vlad
About casual sex with strangers? I'm struggling to think of anything that isn't tacky about it.

That's rather judgemental. I could just as easily say that you don't know how to have fun, but I wouldn't, because that would make me an arse.
Whad'ya all think of websites like gaydar for making friends in the area? I mean, I had a browse through gaydargirls and found that there was huuuuundreds of les's that I didn't know existed. But I'm a bit apprehensive about making a profile... Hmmm :innocent: I'm bored of having only straight friends. :sigh:
Original post by Mod Calm
I'm saving myself for tomorrow night. There's a conference on during the day in Percy Building that my mate is helping out with, so we're going out with a few of the lecturers for food and drinks after. Then probably going off for more drinks with some other mates. It has been too long since I've visited the cage in Sinners, and the trebles of Gotham Town - They are calling me back. :P

I need to get to the sinners cage asap, it's maybe my biggest guilty pleasure.
watching chicago following a pretty much entire day of whistling Roxie, just to get it out of my system.
Reply 729
Original post by anshul95
This but I would so get done by Hugo or Spencer :sexface:

I think Spencer is definitely the best looking and his hair is SUCH an improvement from series 1.
watching chicago following a pretty much entire day of whistling Roxie, just to get it out of my system.

The name of everybodies lips is going to be ... Craig!
Original post by Jace Falco
That's rather judgemental. I could just as easily say that you don't know how to have fun, but I wouldn't, because that would make me an arse.

Of course it's ****ing judgemental. It's living up to an utterly crass and frankly disgusting stereotype that I feel dirty being tarred with. People that whore it about with random strangers, gay or straight, make me so angry. Don't they have any pride in themselves, or is three minutes of carnal pleasure too much temptation? It's people like this that cause strangers to automatically assume that I'm some sort of tacky tramp that can't keep it in my pants, simply because I'm gay when it couldn't be further from the truth.

You know me, Jace - I'm normally quite reserved and level-headed, but nothing annoys me more than people with no morals and no self respect - people that lie, cheat and are only in it for themselves, and it makes me very cross.
Reply 732
Original post by goodcookies
Whad'ya all think of websites like gaydar for making friends in the area? I mean, I had a browse through gaydargirls and found that there was huuuuundreds of les's that I didn't know existed. But I'm a bit apprehensive about making a profile... Hmmm :innocent: I'm bored of having only straight friends. :sigh:

I've got a profile on there, and I've talked to a few people, they have a good chat and stuff.. not been on for ages. You always get your creeps online who aren't who they say they are but 90% seem fine :smile:

^ I LOVE YOU! Chicago's my most favourite thing in the entire universe. Like. Ever.

(I don't think I've been around enough people today.. slightly crazed)
Reply 733
x

And although I was going to get an early night and go to bed.. I now have to put chicago on lol thanks :biggrin:
Original post by rissa14
And although I was going to get an early night and go to bed.. I now have to put chicago on lol thanks :biggrin:

I love chicago, it's one of the few examples of a film version of a musical done properly. Also, I love Renée Zellwegger (definitely spelled that wrong) so much.

I just love the ending as well.
Of course it's ****ing judgemental. It's living up to an utterly crass and frankly disgusting stereotype that I feel dirty being tarred with. People that whore it about with random strangers, gay or straight, make me so angry. Don't they have any pride in themselves, or is three minutes of carnal pleasure too much temptation? It's people like this that cause strangers to automatically assume that I'm some sort of tacky tramp that can't keep it in my pants, simply because I'm gay when it couldn't be further from the truth.

You know me, Jace - I'm normally quite reserved and level-headed, but nothing annoys me more than people with no morals and no self respect - people that lie, cheat and are only in it for themselves, and it makes me very cross.

I don't really see it like that. Sex is fun and I don't see how it's crass or disgusting to enjoy it. People who have casual sex are not 'tacky tramps' (well, some of them might be, but the vast majority are not) they're just normal people.

It'd be good to remember that there are people in this thread who don't think the same way as you, and that post comes across to be very insulting.
Now listening to the soundtrack of Chicago now. I personally prefer the movie to the theatre version (and that's very rare)
Original post by cpdavis
Now listening to the soundtrack of Chicago now. I personally prefer the movie to the theatre version (and that's very rare)

think it depends who you see in the cast, I've seen it 4 times, and it's been completely different every time I've seen it.

I don't think enjoyment of sex necessarily indicates a lack of morals or self-respect or pride. If someone lies or cheats to get someone to have sex with them, then fair enough, that's not on. Two (or more!) people making the mutually consensual decision to do something that they both enjoy and that makes them both feel good, even though they're not interested in forming an emotional bond? I'm fine with that.

But then I think in general, people make too big a deal out of sex. It's not a bond, a contract, a duty. It's not a declaration of love or a sacrifice. It's body parts rubbing together that produces physical pleasure (and sometimes children).

YMMV, I suppose.
Reply 739
Original post by Terpsikhore
I don't think enjoyment of sex necessarily indicates a lack of morals or self-respect or pride. If someone lies or cheats to get someone to have sex with them, then fair enough, that's not on. Two (or more!) people making the mutually consensual decision to do something that they both enjoy and that makes them both feel good, even though they're not interested in forming an emotional bond? I'm fine with that.

But then I think in general, people make too big a deal out of sex. It's not a bond, a contract, a duty. It's not a declaration of love or a sacrifice. It's body parts rubbing together that produces physical pleasure (and sometimes children).

YMMV, I suppose.

PRSOM.

Latest