The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Finally got a reply from Cardiff. Conditional offer AAB!!!
Original post by Onique
;-; KENT is my first choice ;-;
I chose it over Notts >< Pshhhh... saying its rubbish.
If anything it's living cost are rubbish (;

I'm guessing you chose glasgow? Or do you live there? (;

No i chose Cambridge and UCL but i got an offer from Glasgow too :smile:
Original post by bytheglam*
Congratulations!!!!! :wink:
Ohh I wish I had done better in the task :frown:

Thankyou :smile:

Yeah the task was weird, I sent in 5 unfinished observational drawings but tried to use weird techniques.. they were terrible!
Reply 1903
Original post by Amy-Margarita
I got my offer from Liverpool about 2 weeks ago, did you send your portfolio off by the 7th of March? Don't panic :smile: I don't think there are any deadlines that apply to all of the Universities. xx

Congratulations for the offer! My deadline was 9th March. I hope I'll be hearing good news from them soon :/
Reply 1904
Offer from Liverpool! :biggrin:
Kingston or Central Saint Martins (CSM) for architecture? Please help me!
Original post by Rox_fox
Hi everyone,
I have been accepted into 3 architecture universities and I have no idea which one I should choose. the reasons for my hesitation are more about costs and living, because I am not a UK resident, therefore I am not eligible for any financial support for living costs.

So, my choices are University of Kent, Glasgow school of arts or Edinburgh Napier
Could any one help make this decision any easier ? :s-smilie:

I would say, go for Glasgow or Kent. Napier isn't such a good university. Also GSA is very respected for all art stuff. And Glasgow is probably cheaper to live in than Kent, though I know nothing about the university down there, but Scotland is cheaper!
offer from Oxford Brookes yaaayyy... after three rejections my ucas journey has come to an end. now to make sure I get at least a B in maths :smile:
Congratulations
Hi all, I've just noticed something crazy, I don't think there is an architecture society. Apparently you have to start a thread and get support from TSR users so please post in support.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1962899&p=36994838#post36994838
Reply 1910
Bath or Architectural Association? Any thoughts regarding which is a better choice would be very helpful :smile:
Original post by Iris 6
Bath or Architectural Association? Any thoughts regarding which is a better choice would be very helpful :smile:

Depends how much money you have, if you have plenty then go for the AA, however you'll miss out on the uni experience that you will get at bath.
Original post by Iris 6

Go to Bath for part 1 and then AA for part 2 :wink:
Reply 1913
Original post by kotrynad
I haven't heard from Glasgow too, they didn't even ask for portfolio... When did you receive rejection from Edinburgh? I am still waiting for the answer...
Good luck anyway:smile:

Hey, well, now all is done :redface:. IN for Dundee and Strath, but GSA send me their rejection today. I dont understand what was going on but thay have not said a word at all since I applied. No email, no post, no request for portfolio, simply a rejection and no reason given :confused:. Anyway, edinburgh told me about a month ago, because I "dont" speak another language!!! OMG english is my 3rd it just i didnt put that I can speak my mother tongue and also Czech.

I mean, I though it was obvious I can speak Slovak since I lived there for about 15 years and my nationality is Slovak as well loool...:cool:
Reply 1914
Original post by Pavol
Hey, well, now all is done :redface:. IN for Dundee and Strath, but GSA send me their rejection today. I dont understand what was going on but thay have not said a word at all since I applied. No email, no post, no request for portfolio, simply a rejection and no reason given :confused:. Anyway, edinburgh told me about a month ago, because I "dont" speak another language!!! OMG english is my 3rd it just i didnt put that I can speak my mother tongue and also Czech.

I mean, I though it was obvious I can speak Slovak since I lived there for about 15 years and my nationality is Slovak as well loool...:cool:

same for me, glasgow simply rejected me without any previous correspondence. they did the same last year, and this year the only thing that changed (besides of course my statement and my reference) is that i added one more exam.
Reply 1915
Original post by N@nA54
I wanted UCL so much! But HKU would be my backup. I don't know. when's yours in for?

The interview was great! It was just a friendly chat. They asked me about stuff from my task that I have submitted. and just basically went through my portfolio where I talked her through it. I didn't even get asked why I want to become an architect.

I got rejected from UCL on a very early stage. Just wonder did you the offer now? :smile:
Reply 1916
Hey everybody! : )
I'd like some advice. I have to choose between Manchester and Stratclyde. I know manchester has a better reputation but having in mind that strathclyde offers an internship in their course (and surprisingly has a higher percent of graduate prospects) and it has considerably lower tuition fees, which one would be better????
Reply 1917
Hi guys,

I'd like to know sth more on the MArch Graduate Architectrual Design course at Bartlett. What kind of stuff (design) they cover. Is it more theoretical crap or there is sth about design?
Who is still waiting for Edinburgh?
:iiam:
Original post by luckycharm
offer from Oxford Brookes yaaayyy... after three rejections my ucas journey has come to an end. now to make sure I get at least a B in maths :smile:

Congratulations!! did u send them the portfolio and seat the interview before receiving your offer? I haven't heard from them yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending