The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Scarborough Campus/Cayley halls 2012

I see there is a thread about people going to the hull campus but is anyone planning on going to Scarborough campus and staying in halls this coming academic year? :smile:

Also are you planning on taking a car/any type of transportation device

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Edward92
I see there is a thread about people going to the hull campus but is anyone planning on going to Scarborough campus and staying in halls this coming academic year? :smile:

Also are you planning on taking a car/any type of transportation device

Heyy, I think i'm planning on staying in the halls this coming academic year!! And yes, i'm taking my car with me :smile: x
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm going to Scarborough in September! I'm taking my car but as far as I know there is very little/no student parking on campus. I'll be staying in uni managed accommodation so this shouldn't be too much of a problem as I'll be walking to uni anyway :smile:

What course are you guys doing?
I'm going to Scarbs in September but thought Cayley halls were ridiculously priced! So I'm staying in a student house (not owned by the uni) which is gorgeous and only £67 per week with all bills included! Definitely advise looking on Scarborough Student Pad. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bethanysmith_
I'm going to Scarbs in September but thought Cayley halls were ridiculously priced! So I'm staying in a student house (not owned by the uni) which is gorgeous and only £67 per week with all bills included! Definitely advise looking on Scarborough Student Pad. :smile:

Hey are there any rooms left in your house? Do you have a link? x
Original post by Jessypug
Hey are there any rooms left in your house? Do you have a link? x

Hello, yes we do have a spare room. Could you email me at [email protected] and I can give you more details:smile: thanks
Reply 6
You guys got facebook? Would be nice to kind've get to know some people before starting!

Has anyone else found at anymore about parking, I tried getting a residents permit but wasn't allowed due to not being a 'permanent' resident, they also only give campus parking to students on courses like primary teaching :frown: Hopefully will think of something soon, cannot go without my car!! :redface:
Reply 7
does anyone know what is better to stay in Cayley Hall or the uni managed places??
Reply 8
I'm personally going to stay in Cayley Halls, just applied yesterday, a friend's sister went and enjoyed it and he said accommodation looked good, also I think it'll be easier to meet people!
Reply 9
im going to be staying in Cayley Halls just found out Im in Block C. x
Reply 10
Cayley Hall Block A anybody ? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Frogga29

If you hear a humming noise (especially on the first floor) it's because of the toilet in room C105 (unless they've fixed it somehow) :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by No Man
If you hear a humming noise (especially on the first floor) it's because of the toilet in room C105 (unless they've fixed it somehow) :tongue:

ahh ok thanks for the heads up lol, hopefully its been fixed :smile:
Hey guys. Just as a heads up, there is parking available on campus but not in massive amounts. To park your car on site on a more permanent basis, you'll need to get yourself a parking permit to avoid getting a fine. Just ask at Security or Reception and they'll point you to the right place. If you don't fancy forking out for a permit, there's the slightly cheaper Council one that allows you to park within certain Zones within the town or there's FREE parking along Sea Cliff Road (5 mins walk from the uni) and a large free car park on the end of that road.
Reply 14
Original post by Frogga29

hi there im satying in cayley halls too and also in block C :smile:
hi everyone ill be going to caley hall dont remember what block tho...
Have you got your Accomodation code? We can work it out from that (starts with "SCH")
On the contract it write block E...
Reply 18
Hi, i'm also staying in Cayley Hall, studying primary teaching :smile:
im studying business managment :P

Quick Reply

Latest