The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860
Original post by suzalt
Hey gang! It's been radio silence on my end recently as i toddle on with my 'reserve' status and lick my wounds now that my mates who were part of the 2nd auditions all got places.. meh.. but anyways out of desperation i emailed the casting team again, just for any indication of when the wait might end for us reserves. i told them i was super keen to be involved in any way shape or form, but just wondered if there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The lass who replied said: " Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in getting a decision out to you. We are just finalising the details now from the auditions you came too and so it should be anytime now :wink:"

Not sure whether to really get my hopes up with this, as i expect that casting are deluged with emails from the feb audition peeps and might have mistaken mine for one of them (despite the word 'reserve' being in the subject). The winky face does add a glimmer of hope though, you just never know, do you eh? Have any of you fellow reserve lot had a pop at emailing recently..?? xx

They genuinely put a winky face on your email??!!!! I'd say that was a definite glimmer of hope!
Which email address are you using guys? I think I am going to have to jump on the badwaggon too and email casting!
It's been 8 weeks now and Summer plans must be made unfortunately.
I know there probably won't be any response but I need them to know I still want it :smile: x
Reply 5862
Original post by icanshowyoutheworld
Thanks for the congrats everyone & thanks for letting me know who else is DancerWoman :smile:

Has anyone booked accomodation yet? Im coming from Sheffield/Manchester when the ceremony is so Im gonna have to stay over..
Found a hostel for 2 nights for £68 quid but id prefer my own room in a hotel :/ (not snoby, just would like a safe room and a good nights sleep)..
I set a budget of £100 but most places are at least that per night...
Anyone had any other luck?

xXx

I'm in a similar situation... I'll be staying in London during the run up to the opening ceremony (lot of consecutive rehearsals) and have been looking into hostels. Would anyone like to share a private room (I don't really fancy sleeping in a room of complete randomers!) they are generally around £20 per night for a cheap private room of 4 people.
Reply 5863
Original post by lauski22
I'm in a similar situation... I'll be staying in London during the run up to the opening ceremony (lot of consecutive rehearsals) and have been looking into hostels. Would anyone like to share a private room (I don't really fancy sleeping in a room of complete randomers!) they are generally around £20 per night for a cheap private room of 4 people.

If I get cast (fingers crossed!) for the opening ceremony I'll prob have to stay at a hostel too, since I live in Belfast... That's an excellent idea Lauski22! I don't fancy the idea of sharing a room with random people either! So I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from casting.
Could today be the day???
Reply 5864
Original post by Lara5
If I get cast (fingers crossed!) for the opening ceremony I'll prob have to stay at a hostel too, since I live in Belfast... That's an excellent idea Lauski22! I don't fancy the idea of sharing a room with random people either! So I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from casting.
Could today be the day???

Awesome! I think that would be the cheapest way of doing it to be honest, plus would be cool to stay with fellow performers :smile:

Fingers crossed for you Lara!
Reply 5865
Original post by hanzipops1
Which email address are you using guys? I think I am going to have to jump on the badwaggon too and email casting!
It's been 8 weeks now and Summer plans must be made unfortunately.
I know there probably won't be any response but I need them to know I still want it :smile: x

I used the [email protected] email address. Defo worth a shot, i think just getting an answer back from someone calms the nerves in anycase. Let us know if you hear back (i did within about 3 days) I know what you mean about making summer plans.. i've been holding off since my audition back in Nov but itching to get away at somepoint! x
Original post by suzalt

The lass who replied said: " Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in getting a decision out to you. We are just finalising the details now from the auditions you came too and so it should be anytime now :wink:"

Hey, I am not particularly emoticon savvy - although love the ones on TSR-and that specific winky face is one from our TSR list. Normally using a semi-colon and smiley face gives a yellow emoticon doesn't it? Could this be a hint that they have indeed been following our site? PS hello casting team!
Sorry to disappoint, Pinnerite, but TSR automatically converts any semicolon-closing parenthesis sequence to a winky graphic. I'm sure the casting team used ASCII characters and not that specific icon, so no secret messages there.
:wink: (<< typed, not inserted via smilies selector)
Reply 5868
Haha yes it was a plain semicolon-bracket that was converted automatically... that would be creepy if they had a TSR specific code they used!!
Reply 5869
Original post by suzalt
Hey gang! It's been radio silence on my end recently as i toddle on with my 'reserve' status and lick my wounds now that my mates who were part of the 2nd auditions all got places.. meh.. but anyways out of desperation i emailed the casting team again, just for any indication of when the wait might end for us reserves. i told them i was super keen to be involved in any way shape or form, but just wondered if there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Not sure whether to really get my hopes up with this, as i expect that casting are deluged with emails from the feb audition peeps and might have mistaken mine for one of them (despite the word 'reserve' being in the subject). The winky face does add a glimmer of hope though, you just never know, do you eh? Have any of you fellow reserve lot had a pop at emailing recently..?? xx

Hi there, I'm in the same position and your email gives me as a fellow reserve hope! When were your auditions? Mine were last year and I was one of those that got the para-olympic audition email before being told I was a reserve, so it was very confusing.

I emailed last week but had a generic one back saying that decisions were still being made - but I think it was more to do with the more recent auditions.
Reply 5870
It looks like there's going to be a segment at some point in the BBC News at One (on now) about Olympic Volunteers. Just saw the intro to the programme and there was a mention of it
Original post by suzalt
Haha yes it was a plain semicolon-bracket that was converted automatically... that would be creepy if they had a TSR specific code they used!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Reply 5872
Original post by bluang3l
It looks like there's going to be a segment at some point in the BBC News at One (on now) about Olympic Volunteers. Just saw the intro to the programme and there was a mention of it

Ahh about the Games Makers training sessions in Hackney. (actually on BBC London news)
Original post by bluang3l
Ahh about the Games Makers training sessions in Hackney. (actually on BBC London news)

Thanks - just caught it!
QUICK EVERYONE .... CHECK YOUR EMAILS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT THIS ...........

As you know, you have been on our Olympic Ceremonies cast Reserve list, and thank you for your patience. This is to say congratulations! In the next few days, we will be emailing you to offer you a role in one of our exciting Paralympic Ceremonies, and we would be delighted if you would accept. The Paralympic ceremonies are the culmination of the entire Games and will be a dynamic and beautiful celebration of the diversity and vibrancy of modern Britain.

Before you accept the role, and once you have checked your availability for the dates we will be offering you, we need you to understand that acceptance of the role will mean that you will be removed from the Olympic ceremonies reserve list. We would urge you to accept, as this is very much more likely to mean that you will be performing in one of the London 2012 ceremonies, as we currently do not have any opportunities available in either of the Olympic ceremonies for our Reserve team.

Whatever you decide to do, please respond by clicking on the relevant link in the offer letter you will be receiving shortly.

We will hope to see you at Paralympic rehearsals!

Best wishes

THE CASTING TEAM
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5875
Original post by Ickle
Aww. I missed the session today. Had to work late. Would have been good to meet everyone. I hope this hasnt affected my spot.

Now just catching up on the rest of the thread. How did it all go?

Sorry you couldn't get there, you missed a very interesting evening. No details of course because as we were told many, many,many times - its all confidential !! But I came away sure that being involved with props will still be an amazing experience and we'll have to work jolly hard !

MaidMarion, Dancersmum and I met up in the queue for checking us in, then when we finally sat down found ourselves (completely accidentally) next to TimeforTea ! So we had a good catch up.

I don't expect it will cause you a problem but if you havn't already I would give them a ring/mail to explain why you couldn't make it.

Hope to see you at a future session.:smile:
Reply 5876
Original post by fyrecracker
QUICK EVERYONE .... CHECK YOUR EMAILS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT THIS ...........

As you know, you have been on our Olympic Ceremonies cast Reserve list, and thank you for your patience. This is to say congratulations! In the next few days, we will be emailing you to offer you a role in one of our exciting Paralympic Ceremonies, and we would be delighted if you would accept. The Paralympic ceremonies are the culmination of the entire Games and will be a dynamic and beautiful celebration of the diversity and vibrancy of modern Britain.

Before you accept the role, and once you have checked your availability for the dates we will be offering you, we need you to understand that acceptance of the role will mean that you will be removed from the Olympic ceremonies reserve list. We would urge you to accept, as this is very much more likely to mean that you will be performing in one of the London 2012 ceremonies, as we currently do not have any opportunities available in either of the Olympic ceremonies for our Reserve team.

Whatever you decide to do, please respond by clicking on the relevant link in the offer letter you will be receiving shortly.

We will hope to see you at Paralympic rehearsals!

Best wishes

THE CASTING TEAM

YAY!!!!!
I am in tears, I got the same email yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Our patience paid off, I am estatic!!!!!
Well done Fyrecracker, I knew we could do it!!!!!
x
Original post by galactica2009
Awesome! Glad to hear that your back and foot is better. Yes indeed is a very long wait. This week is my 7th week since i had done my paralympic audition.

Galactica ... check your emails NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got one saying I'll be emailed in a couple of days with an offer for the paras

XXX
Original post by cinnamon
YAY!!!!!
I am in tears, I got the same email yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Our patience paid off, I am estatic!!!!!
Well done Fyrecracker, I knew we could do it!!!!!
x

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyY
FANTASTIC NEWS Yippee !! Fyrecracker and Cinnamon!:bumps::banana::dancing2::clap2: All the more thrilling for me cos I have met you both at the meet up and I am looking at your smiley faces in the pic now!! Aren't you glad Fyrecracker that you went to the audition despite the foot - hope you are no longer Ms Beckham Boot now! What a great Easter prezzie. Fingers crossed for the other paras now....:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:

Latest