The Student Room Group

Bournemouth Adult Nursing Hons/diploma 2012?

Hi :smile: ,

Just wondering if any1 applied for either level for adult nursing 2012 intake?

I applied for both! Really hope to hear something :biggrin:

Any1 been accepted, had their interview, sorted accommodation etc?

Xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tasha114
Hi :smile: ,

Just wondering if any1 applied for either level for adult nursing 2012 intake?

I applied for both! Really hope to hear something :biggrin:

Any1 been accepted, had their interview, sorted accommodation etc?

Xx

Heya

I've applied for BSc Adult Nursing - they have emailed me regarding a second reference which is on it's way to them now and that is all I have heard.

You?

Good luck!
I've applied for adult nursing and haven't heard anything back yet, I got a second email to say my application was being looked at but that's it.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone heard back yet, i have been offered a place and have taken it so i will be starting in sept for the BSc Hons Adult Nursing :smile: let me know if your going to be starting in sept aswell
Reply 4
Ahh I got my conditional offer for Adult Nursing at Bournemouth the other week too, does anyone know what they're doing about accommodation yet? I went to see the abbotsbury house today, but think I prefer the uni halls?
I have confirmed Bournemouth for nursing september :smile: for child but i think adult and child mix quite a bit, hoping for bournemouth placement. Need to hear where that is before sorting accomodation! Abbotsbury house not as nice as halls?
Reply 6
Ah finally found someone. Yeah I went past abbotsbury the other week, just seemed a lot further than I thought it would be but guess its good for placements? Are you planning on livingthere too:smile:?
Reply 7
Hello!

Congratulations on your offers/interviews :smile: I've also recieved an offer from Bournemouth for the BSc Adult Nursing, they want BBC at A Level from me. I was told that because the course is longer than other courses we only have the option of Abbotsby House for accomodation?

Has anybody visited or know what it is like there? Comments seem quite negative?

Poppy :smile: xx
Reply 8
Hello,

Has anyone else applied for the Adult Nursing adv diploma for sept 2012?

I have received 2 emails stating my application is being looked at but that's it... Has anyone heard more? X
Reply 9
Original post by TigerRose93
I've applied for adult nursing and haven't heard anything back yet, I got a second email to say my application was being looked at but that's it.

Good luck! :smile:

Hello, have you applied for Bsc or diploma? I've applied for diploma, and have received 2 emails saying my application is being looked at, is that the same as yourself?
Reply 10
Hey everyone,

I applied for Adult Nursing Bsc(hons). I had my interview last week and got a conditional offer made today :smile: I am so excited, going to be fun meeting new people:biggrin:.

Jonny.
Reply 11
Original post by JJRodden1
Hey everyone,

I applied for Adult Nursing Bsc(hons). I had my interview last week and got a conditional offer made today :smile: I am so excited, going to be fun meeting new people:biggrin:.

Jonny.

Hello! Congrats! What have you got to get to hit your offer?

Did you apply directly to Bournemouth campus or UCY?

Well done! I can't wait to start now, I feel like I'm in limbo atm just trying to get some money together and get prepared for September.

Don't forget to apply to Student Finance if you haven't done so already :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by xcoral23
Hello! Congrats! What have you got to get to hit your offer?

Did you apply directly to Bournemouth campus or UCY?

Well done! I can't wait to start now, I feel like I'm in limbo atm just trying to get some money together and get prepared for September.

Don't forget to apply to Student Finance if you haven't done so already :smile:

Hey I got to pass my access to HE: nursing course, with 18 merits, get two more refernces and pass a hep b test.

Thank you for the GZ and good luck :smile:

I know what you mean for the limbo I can't wait for september to come! Also I applied via UCAS.
Reply 13
Hey I got to pass my access to HE: nursing course, with 18 merits, get two more refernces and pass a hep b test.

Thank you for the GZ and good luck :smile:

I know what you mean for the limbo I can't wait for september to come! Also I applied via UCAS.

Not too bad then... you will be fine! :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Me neither but I'm not going to wish my life away, I've still got lots to do to organise september ect lol

I mean which campus are did you apply too.. Bournemouth Main Campus or UCY in Yeovil?
Reply 14
[INDENT]
Not too bad then... you will be fine! :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Me neither but I'm not going to wish my life away, I've still got lots to do to organise september ect lol

I mean which campus are did you apply too.. Bournemouth Main Campus or UCY in Yeovil?

Oh I applied to the BU landsdowne campus.

Just started applying for grants etc, got a letter saying my placements will be on Poole, wish it was Bournemouth but oh well.
Reply 15
[INDENT]

Just started applying for grants etc, got a letter saying my placements will be on Poole, wish it was Bournemouth but oh well.

Ohh fair enough. I'm based at UCY but I know we come over to the Bournemouth campus quite regularly so we shall have to meet each other when we all come down to Bournemouth campus :smile:

I think you can put in a request to change the placement location. Is there any specific reason why you would prefer Bournemouth?
Reply 16
[INDENT]

I have a conditional offer aswell and i will be based at Bournemouth landsdowne campus, my placements will also be Poole.
Reply 17
What were your interviews like ? Is everyone nice? I'm so scared :frown:

Poole hospital is WAY easier to get to on public transport ( which you'll want t do the car park is SO expensive) than bournemouth, it's like 5 minutes from the train station :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Coco189
I have a conditional offer aswell and i will be based at Bournemouth landsdowne campus, my placements will also be Poole.

Congrats! What have you got to do to meet your offer?

Again, I might see you at times during the course :smile:

Original post by hannaaaahh
What were your interviews like ? Is everyone nice? I'm so scared :frown:

Poole hospital is WAY easier to get to on public transport ( which you'll want t do the car park is SO expensive) than bournemouth, it's like 5 minutes from the train station :smile:

Interview was tough but informal. 1) Watch presentation 2) learn abit more about the course 3) group discussions 4) individual interview

Make sure you watch the video closely because the group discussion will be about the video and your opinions (seeing if you know what being a nurse involves ect). Let others talk but make sure that you contribute enough to be noticed.

Relax in the individual interview, they will ask you standard questions - why nursing, why Bournemouth, experience, some scenario questions (common sense), more about yourself really, just describe what has brought you there today and what you want to get out of the university, what you can contribute. Try and mention the NMC code of conduct and things like that.

You will be fine! Good luck! When is your interview?
Reply 19
Congrats! What have you got to do to meet your offer?

Again, I might see you at times during the course :smile:

I have to pass my current course, crb, occ health, nhs bursary! What about you! Are you currently doing a course! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending