The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal
yes, I'm a solicitor with 2 1/2yrs PQE

Ah :smile:
I've been applying/am still in the process of applying for a training contract. I'm always unsuccessful though :frown:
I have no law work experience and I have desperately tried to obtain some, as I know this is a really important factor, but I either don't hear back from the firm at all or I am told they cannot accomodate my request.
Original post by Jaydiee
Ah :smile:
I've been applying/am still in the process of applying for a training contract. I'm always unsuccessful though :frown:
I have no law work experience and I have desperately tried to obtain some, as I know this is a really important factor, but I either don't hear back from the firm at all or I am told they cannot accomodate my request.

That must be disheartening. I had no legal work experience at all when I applied for my TC though - I had to work every vacation of uni in order to afford to be there so didn't have time.

What area of law do you want to go into?

PM me if you want any advice.
Original post by Deyesy
Drew? Happy? Really? :tongue:

I was shocked as well
That must be disheartening. I had no legal work experience at all when I applied for my TC though - I had to work every vacation of uni in order to afford to be there so didn't have time.

What area of law do you want to go into?

PM me if you want any advice.

It certainly is. I feel like giving up but no other career path particulalry interests me. Law has taken over my life!

You had no legal work experience :eek: So many firms seem to be big on taking on someone who has work experience. What size firm did you secure your training contract with?

I may take you up on your offer and PM at some point :tongue:
Original post by Jaydiee
It certainly is. I feel like giving up but no other career path particulalry interests me. Law has taken over my life!

You had no legal work experience :eek: So many firms seem to be big on taking on someone who has work experience. What size firm did you secure your training contract with?

I may take you up on your offer and PM at some point :tongue:

It's quite a big one, not a firm as such though. If you read back through the discussion, you'll get an idea of what I do :p:

Feel free to take up the offer - I've got a bit of mentoring/coaching experience as well as law and life etc.
Original post by pnorm
Oh god... you're not all Lost Prophet fans on here are you?

No. But that would be... amazing. :colondollar: haha
Reply 1886
Original post by StartSomething
No. But that would be... amazing. :colondollar: haha

Oh sod him :tongue: 15 years and 5 albums. Some mainstream artists don't manage anywhere near that.
Urgh, **** mood tonight :frown:
Original post by Harpoon
Urgh, **** mood tonight :frown:

:hugs:
Reply 1889
Original post by RDavies93
:hugs:

You're up late. Day off tomorrow?
Original post by Deyesy
You're up late. Day off tomorrow?

yeah. Can't sleep anyway. Lots on my mind :redface:
Reply 1891
Original post by RDavies93
yeah. Can't sleep anyway. Lots on my mind :redface:

The only bad thing about being awake at this time is being hungry :colonhash: Lots on your mind?
Think I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown :frown:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Think I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown :frown:

:console: what's wrong?!
Original post by SciFiBoy
:console: what's wrong?!

Feel like negativity is consuming me, feeling really irritated around my family because they are quite negative, and stress from everything else. I've had about as much as I can take.
Original post by LifeIsGood
Feel like negativity is consuming me, feeling really irritated around my family because they are quite negative, and stress from everything else. I've had about as much as I can take.

:frown: I know how that feels, feels like nothing makes you happy, just have to keep trying though and find something to distract you from the feelings! can you do anything to relax? if your'e stressed that won't help with how you feel, if you need to talk then feel free to message me :hugs:
Work tomorrow. I cba to go. :colonhash:
Original post by Stray_talk
Work tomorrow. I cba to go. :colonhash:

+1
+1

I have little right to complain since I've just had 2 weeks off but that makes it all the more worse!
Original post by Stray_talk
I have little right to complain since I've just had 2 weeks off but that makes it all the more worse!

ofc we have a right to complain - we both work with dickheads and would rather not have to go :p:

Latest