The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Bought myself Pokemon Black for NDS for next time in hospital. Pokemon = awesome boredom cure :biggrin:
Original post by Sabertooth
I love the NHS. Needed a medication review with a view to probably increasing it as it's not working fully.....got an appointment in 5 and a half weeks. :sigh:

That's just ****ing ridiculous. Call them up every now and again to see if they have cancellations.
Original post by Noodlzzz
That's just ****ing ridiculous. Call them up every now and again to see if they have cancellations.

I'm seeing the person who brought it up on thursday so I'm going to ask her about it. But yes, utterly ridiculous.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Bought myself Pokemon Black for NDS for next time in hospital. Pokemon = awesome boredom cure :biggrin:

:five: I have Pokemon white, it was pretty damn good.
I love the NHS. Needed a medication review with a view to probably increasing it as it's not working fully.....got an appointment in 5 and a half weeks. :sigh:

Ugh, doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I've had to wait 2-3 weeks while being suicidal and needing to pretty urgently change/adjust meds before. Also had to wait 2 weeks while being kinda hypomanic and needing to change things, meaning I had to just discontinue meds by myself :tongue:

Still sucks though :frown:
Original post by Exopaladin
Ugh, doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I've had to wait 2-3 weeks while being suicidal and needing to pretty urgently change/adjust meds before. Also had to wait 2 weeks while being kinda hypomanic and needing to change things, meaning I had to just discontinue meds by myself :tongue:

Still sucks though :frown:

Ouch, waiting that long when you're suicidal is really bad :s-smilie:

Took me 7 months to finally get to see a psychiatrist when my psychotic symptoms started returning. :tongue: I managed to see a private one in a grand total of 3 hours. :facepalm:

Took me 7 months to finally get to see a psychiatrist when my psychotic symptoms started returning. :tongue: I managed to see a private one in a grand total of 3 hours. :facepalm:

7 months is pretty damn bad. I got 'lucky' in that respect, it only took about a month or two for a referral to a psychiatrist when I moved to London. Shame I only see him every 2-3 months :tongue:

Especially bad when I'm in the titration phase of Lamotrigine which can make you manic until you get to a decent dose (with him having left me/my GP a titration schedule that only had me go up to 75mg when I probably need to be on 100-200 :tongue:
Reply 7626
Original post by Phoenix07
Owh thats not good hun, :hugs: *whilst being careful to stay away from the bleeding nose*

I don't know about the celebrating though .... a load of people are going out wednesday and I am invited but they are all my bfs friends and I don't really know/get on with them :/ so might just stay in and spend my time relaxing on battlefield 3 :tongue:

thats fair... Im getting greif today... people moaning like mad that Im not near my phone... cant be in 2 places at once...:angry:

Wow that's a hell of a long time. Are you still with Early Intervention In Psychosis team or have you moved on? I've generally found that I see someone at least once every two weeks and sometimes more depending on when I get appointments.
Original post by Exopaladin
7 months is pretty damn bad. I got 'lucky' in that respect, it only took about a month or two for a referral to a psychiatrist when I moved to London. Shame I only see him every 2-3 months :tongue:

Especially bad when I'm in the titration phase of Lamotrigine which can make you manic until you get to a decent dose (with him having left me/my GP a titration schedule that only had me go up to 75mg when I probably need to be on 100-200 :tongue:

Oh that's really good for London. I know a guy who was waiting over a year in central London and in the end had to go private because he was deteriorating in that time.

Couldn't you ask your GP to increase the dose for you, or will they not do that?

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Wow that's a hell of a long time. Are you still with Early Intervention In Psychosis team or have you moved on? I've generally found that I see someone at least once every two weeks and sometimes more depending on when I get appointments.

Nah, I saw them for 3 years so I got discharged. Only they didn't give me a discharge plan or anything it was just basically piss off :tongue: Then when things turned pear-shaped I was ****ed. :dontknow:
Original post by warp2125
thats fair... Im getting greif today... people moaning like mad that Im not near my phone... cant be in 2 places at once...:angry:

You should just tell them all to **** off! they can't expect you to be around to sort out things for them any time they need anything! Hope you're ok though hun, try not to let the silly people get to you :hugs:
Reply 7630
You should just tell them all to **** off! they can't expect you to be around to sort out things for them any time they need anything! Hope you're ok though hun, try not to let the silly people get to you :hugs:

Its this girl called paige... she killed her laptop.... I spent hours pulling all her course work off so she wouldnt fall behind... then rebuilt the system from scratch..... that was over a week ago... then today she just decides she wants to pick it up... only after spending the day with some prat called mat.....

I do all the work and get the p*ss taken.....people suck:angry:
Its this girl called paige... she killed her laptop.... I spent hours pulling all her course work off so she wouldnt fall behind... then rebuilt the system from scratch..... that was over a week ago... then today she just decides she wants to pick it up... only after spending the day with some prat called mat.....

I do all the work and get the p*ss taken.....people suck:angry:

Hate people like that who expect you to drop everything for them the minute they want something, but they don't care about anything else ... like how much effort you've put in or anything!

People do suck though, almost completely given up with most .... don't seem to be many genuinely nice and caring people left around! Hope you're alright
Oh that's really good for London. I know a guy who was waiting over a year in central London and in the end had to go private because he was deteriorating in that time.

Couldn't you ask your GP to increase the dose for you, or will they not do that?

Unfortunately not, my GP won't really touch my meds without approval from my psych. At one point my psych had told me I could increase my Moclobemide but never got around to telling my GP, it took some persuasion to get my GP to actually give me the higher dose.
Reply 7633
Hate people like that who expect you to drop everything for them the minute they want something, but they don't care about anything else ... like how much effort you've put in or anything!

People do suck though, almost completely given up with most .... don't seem to be many genuinely nice and caring people left around! Hope you're alright

Its just really p*ssed me off.... now its started my nose off again.... I look stupid sitting here an wadd of bog roll stuffed up one nostril...:mad:
surely there is a way of going back in time to get over a mistake. or be the child you used to? argh.
Its just really p*ssed me off.... now its started my nose off again.... I look stupid sitting here an wadd of bog roll stuffed up one nostril...:mad:

:frown: Sorry I can't help make you feel better at all ... I know how annoying people are and how **** it can make you feel :hugs: I am sure you don't look stupid though and anyway its more important to sort out the nose bleed then worrying about anything else!
Reply 7636
:frown: Sorry I can't help make you feel better at all ... I know how annoying people are and how **** it can make you feel :hugs: I am sure you don't look stupid though and anyway its more important to sort out the nose bleed then worrying about anything else!

Its ok.... I used to having to do everything on my own. Thats life.... have turned to my old friend Smirnof....should smooth the problem.:biggrin: but thanks anyways
Its ok.... I used to having to do everything on my own. Thats life.... have turned to my old friend Smirnof....should smooth the problem.:biggrin: but thanks anyways

Nope not good enough ... you kept me company while I was all alone doing work for the past few days so I demand you let me help you somehow so you don't completely lose faith in all people (some of us are ok :smile: ) although smirnof is also a very good friend of mine :tongue:
Reply 7638
Nope not good enough ... you kept me company while I was all alone doing work for the past few days so I demand you let me help you somehow so you don't completely lose faith in all people (some of us are ok :smile: ) although smirnof is also a very good friend of mine :tongue:

lol... I thought about opening the captains morgan spiced rum... but want to save that. lol... you "demand" huh!!!..lol... thanks thats kind of you.... I will be fine honest.... Its just people seem to dump on me alot.... makes me wonder if theres anything wrong with me.:frown:
Reply 7639
:sigh:

Latest