The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by Mr.Messy
As a supporter, I'm disappointed in him. We need our best players to play for us.

But if I were a player in the same situation I'd do the same tbh. :ninja:

Sound a like hypocrite now. :colondollar:

Yeah can understand his decision. Which is why I have a lot of respect for Sahin. He was in virtually same situation as Ozil but thankfully picked us. :biggrin:
Reply 1261
Has anyone done Turkce at A-level?
Reply 1262
Original post by xxm
Has anyone done Turkce at A-level?

I did it in Year 9. It's much much harder than GCSE.
Reply 1263
Original post by Akkuz
I did it in Year 9. It's much much harder than GCSE.

Is it worth doing? i.e where does it rank on the trinity list?
Original post by xxm

I've done it too. I think I was in year 10. :holmes:

I didn't do too well in it (I got a C) because I really didn't study for it. I agree with Akkuz that it's a lot harder than GCSEs and also a lot of universities don't accept it. (QMUL, Kings and UCL didn't for me).

Then again, my Turkish isn't amazing (I have the Cypriot dialect) so you'd probably do much better than me. I also think that they've changed the exam so that it's easier to native speakers now because they've added a listening paper into it as well.

Ultimately, it's good to have an extra qualification, it's just up to you as to whether you can be bothered to get it :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1265
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
I've done it too. I think I was in year 10. :holmes:

I didn't do too well in it (I got a C) because I really didn't study for it. I agree with Akkuz that it's a lot harder than GCSEs and also a lot of universities don't accept it. (QMUL, Kings and UCL didn't for me).

Then again, my Turkish isn't amazing (I have the Cypriot dialect) so you'd probably do much better than me. I also think that they've changed the exam so that it's easier to native speakers now because they've added a listening paper into it as well.

Ultimately, it's good to have an extra qualification, it's just up to you as to whether you can be bothered to get it :smile:

I'll talk to my PDT about it. If she thinks it will benefit me I think I'll go for it. Just I don't want to do it if it's seen as worthless :frown:

I'd have to put a bit of time and effort into my reading as it isn't that good. So there's that to consider. :tongue:
Reply 1266
Original post by xxm

What's the trinity list?

Are you aiming for Oxbridge? If so, there's probably no point doing A-level. You probably get a C with little or no revision.
Reply 1267
Original post by Akkuz
What's the trinity list?

Are you aiming for Oxbridge? If so, there's probably no point doing A-level. You probably get a C with little or no revision.

Trinity list is this:http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604 (Surprised you don't know about it actually) :smile:

No I'm not aiming for Oxbridge. I don't know what uni I'm aiming for. But I'm aiming for ABB...
Reply 1268
i like kebabs! lol
I love Turkish girls! <3
Original post by xxm
Trinity list is this:http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604 (Surprised you don't know about it actually) :smile:

No I'm not aiming for Oxbridge. I don't know what uni I'm aiming for. But I'm aiming for ABB...

I'm applying for several postgrad courses at Cambridge and Trinity will be my first choice college. Amazing place!
Reply 1271
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
I'm applying for several postgrad courses at Cambridge and Trinity will be my first choice college. Amazing place!

:thumbsup: Best of luck.
Original post by xxm
:thumbsup: Best of luck.

Thanks but I doubt I'll be getting in and even if I did somehow get an offer chances are I'll be shipped off to one of the other colleges but hey when all's said and done, I'd be overjoyed with a Camb offer.
Reply 1273
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster

Hope I get into Trinity..it's really tough from what I hear. Best of luck.
En sevdiğiniz türk gıda nedir? :biggrin:
Mine is Lahmacun.
Original post by y.yousef
En sevdiğiniz türk gıda nedir? :biggrin:
Mine is Lahmacun.

A meat broth I once had in Koyulhisar. Real food right there. :sogood:
Original post by RamocitoMorales
A meat broth I once had in Koyulhisar. Real food right there. :sogood:

How does that look like? :excited:
How does that look like? :excited:

:dontknow:

Something like this I suppose:

Spoiler

Original post by RamocitoMorales
:dontknow:

Something like this I suppose:

Spoiler

That actually looks tasty :eek:
It's just soo home-made. :drool:

Well I never had a Iskender Kebab before, and i was pleading my grandma to make some, and wow they tasted really good, similar to donner meat.

Spoiler

Btw, that's not a home-made picture. :sigh:
Well I never had a Iskender Kebab before.

That's what I had the last time I went to a Turkish restuarant. :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest