The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sniggey
It must be. So near yet so far, eh?

Yup, indeed :s-smilie:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 121
Hey guys, I'm firming them this evening I think!! D: scary stuff. Is anyone thinking of staying in queen margaret halls/is there a thread for it? :s-smilie: would love to know who else will be around :smile:
Original post by Moomeh
Hey guys, I'm firming them this evening I think!! D: scary stuff. Is anyone thinking of staying in queen margaret halls/is there a thread for it? :s-smilie: would love to know who else will be around :smile:

Hello and congratulations on your offer! :smile:
I've also put QM as my first choice, not quite sure if I'll get it though.
Also, there is a topic called Glasgow accommodation, where everybody posts their preferences etc, that should help you. :wink:
Reply 123
I have firmed Glasgow for Law and I have an offer for Cairncross for halls, anyone else who will be on my course/ in my halls? :smile:
Reply 124
Hey everybody :smile: I've got Glasgow firmed for psychology for quite a while now and today I got an accomondation offer for QM, I can't wait for it to be September already :biggrin:
Reply 125
Original post by ainoo
Hey everybody :smile: I've got Glasgow firmed for psychology for quite a while now and today I got an accomondation offer for QM, I can't wait for it to be September already :biggrin:

I put QM as my first choice as well. Congrats on getting it! What day did you apply?
Reply 126
Original post by ctln
I put QM as my first choice as well. Congrats on getting it! What day did you apply?

Thanks! :smile: I applied about a month ago, on the 21st of March I think!
Original post by ainoo

Hey, me too! Maybe I'll see you around QM in September! I can't wait either - got a long 5 months to go though.....:wink:
Reply 128
Original post by MarshmallowTea
Hey, me too! Maybe I'll see you around QM in September! I can't wait either - got a long 5 months to go though.....:wink:

Cool, more people for QM! And yeah, these 5 months are gonna feel so long, I'm so ready to move to Glasgow! :biggrin:
What are you gonna study? :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by ainoo
Thanks! :smile: I applied about a month ago, on the 21st of March I think!

Applied for QM on March 9th...getting nervous that I haven't heard back now haha
Original post by ainoo
Cool, more people for QM! And yeah, these 5 months are gonna feel so long, I'm so ready to move to Glasgow! :biggrin:
What are you gonna study? :smile:

I know, its going to be such a long wait - what are you doing in the meantime -are you at school/work/uni/gap year? :P

I'm going to be doing medicine, so I guess I'll be making the most of this time 'off' before the work starts piling in, hahaha :biggrin: I wonder what rooms we'll get! I didn't go to the applicants day (since no offer till after!) so never saw QM in real life, only the photos - which were taken in 2004! I hope they're still nice^^
Reply 131
Accepted Glasgow this evening! :smile: anyone else for primary education here?
Reply 132
Original post by MarshmallowTea
I know, its going to be such a long wait - what are you doing in the meantime -are you at school/work/uni/gap year? :P

I'm going to be doing medicine, so I guess I'll be making the most of this time 'off' before the work starts piling in, hahaha :biggrin: I wonder what rooms we'll get! I didn't go to the applicants day (since no offer till after!) so never saw QM in real life, only the photos - which were taken in 2004! I hope they're still nice^^

I'm on my second gap year :biggrin: During the first year I was an au pair in Germany for 6 months, then I went travelling in Asia and the rest of the time I was working in a daycare center. And now during this second gap year I've just been an au pair in Birmingham since August. I'm going home to Finland for the summer though before uni. And what about you, what are you doing until September?

Wooow medicine! Haha I could never do that, I'm so rubbish with all of that :biggrin: I went to the applicants' day but I didn't have time to go see QM but I hope it will be nice. I've heard good things about it so it should be fine :smile:
Hey, I just firmed my Glasgow app for Zoology, so yeah...Hi!
Reply 134
Original post by bethany a smith
Hey, I just firmed my Glasgow app for Zoology, so yeah...Hi!

Hi! I've just firmed Marine & Freshwater Biology so we'll likely meet each other in the Boyd Orr at some point in September :smile:
Original post by Sniggey
Hi! I've just firmed Marine & Freshwater Biology so we'll likely meet each other in the Boyd Orr at some point in September :smile:

nice to meet you, if you can call this meeting that is.
Reply 136
Original post by careid
I have firmed Glasgow for Law and I have an offer for Cairncross for halls, anyone else who will be on my course/ in my halls? :smile:

I've firmed for law too but i'm only conditional so won't hear about halls for ages :frown:
Reply 137
I've just Firmed Glasgow for Economics/Mathematics ! Now accomodation...
Anybody else on this course ?
Original post by RockU
I've just Firmed Glasgow for Economics/Mathematics ! Now accomodation...
Anybody else on this course ?

Economics and Politics, but Mathematics for 3rd subject here. :smile:
Original post by ainoo
I'm on my second gap year :biggrin: During the first year I was an au pair in Germany for 6 months, then I went travelling in Asia and the rest of the time I was working in a daycare center. And now during this second gap year I've just been an au pair in Birmingham since August. I'm going home to Finland for the summer though before uni. And what about you, what are you doing until September?

Wooow medicine! Haha I could never do that, I'm so rubbish with all of that :biggrin: I went to the applicants' day but I didn't have time to go see QM but I hope it will be nice. I've heard good things about it so it should be fine :smile:

Oh wow, that sounds amazing - I'd love to be an au pair but the only babysitting experience I have is with my piano teacher's twin girls - and one of them even had to tell me what the other one wanted when she was upset!! That sounds like your going to have a busy but fun time until Glasgow :biggrin: I did a Masters in Reproductive and Developmental biology, which led on to me working as a researcher at Imperial for a few months. I've just finished that and am now looking for temp work - but it seems quite tough since I don't have much general job experience!!

Yeah, I think medicine will definitely be hard, but should be worth it in the end!!! My stepbrother is finishing his medical degree now, but he did psychology too and really enjoyed it :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply