The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cpdavis
Currently enjoying life atm :h:

Also had the nicest lunch from wasbi :awesome:

I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!! There is one near holborn!!!
Reply 1141
Had a haircut. Nothing to complain about :h:

Original post by dbmag9
Aww, shame. No to menial job: go and travel. TSRLGBTSCTET! :woo:

Erm, what's the ET part of that initialism? Eurotrip?

Aside from my appalling lack of languages, it'd be a lot of effort to plan it. And I doubt I could find anyone to go with me, too.

I suppose I could consider going alone, but I think I'll save travelling for another year.
I think I am going to have to ban myself to have a chance of passing. :frown:
Mike this is not an invitation to get ban happy just yet I will aam it if I decide to
Reply 1143
I have just been rejected from the university I wanted to go to and have spent the last few months building my life around.
Reply 1144
Original post by Lacus
I have just been rejected from the university I wanted to go to and have spent the last few months building my life around.

:console: :penguinhug:

What now then?
Reply 1145
Original post by thurin
:console: :penguinhug:

What now then?

I don't know. I have three other offers but in places I don't want to go. I will just have to accept that the next part of my life, like those preceding, will be ****.
Original post by Lacus
I don't know. I have three other offers but in places I don't want to go. I will just have to accept that the next part of my life, like those preceding, will be ****.

Many people often get this worry when they end up attending a university they didn't really want to, but those people often end up loving them and wondering why they didn't choose them before! I obviously only know this from hearsay, but nonetheless, it's worth considering. If you dislike it in your first year, you can always transfer/reapply during your first year to this one that you really want to go to. :smile:

:hugs:
Reply 1147
My room finally has shelves! And pictures on the wall! Now to pack to leave it for 9 or so weeks. :colonhash:

Original post by thurin
Erm, what's the ET part of that initialism? Eurotrip?

Aside from my appalling lack of languages, it'd be a lot of effort to plan it. And I doubt I could find anyone to go with me, too.

I suppose I could consider going alone, but I think I'll save travelling for another year.

Yes.

Man up; there's next to nothing to plan. And going alone is just as good, if not sometimes better.
Well that exam wasn't exactly as awful as I expected. I mean, it wasn't good by any definition, but I think I might have passed at least.

Original post by IGX_RSV2
Now all I gotta do is decide which colour I want it :teehee:

Mine is currently a sort of aqua blue. I was intending for silver, but hey ho. As hair dying mishaps go, it looks alright.

Original post by crazylemon
I think I am going to have to ban myself to have a chance of passing. :frown:
Mike this is not an invitation to get ban happy just yet I will aam it if I decide to

Ah, Paddy's warned you about the hair trigger on my banhammer then? :tongue:
Reply 1149
Ugh, packing.
Ugh, bored.

I need to find an activity that takes place on Tuesdays. I don't like having empty evenings.
Hey everybody :smile:

Haven't been on here for so long you're probably like huh who? :colondollar:

Anybody noticed the programme on bbc3 tonight "I woke up gay" about this story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8878301/Rugby-player-who-had-stroke-woke-up-gay-and-became-hairdresser.html It sounds like it could be interesting but I can also imagine it might be one of those bang your head against the wall in frustration documentaries
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
Hey everybody :smile:

Haven't been on here for so long you're probably like huh who? :colondollar:

Anybody noticed the programme on bbc3 tonight "I woke up gay" about this story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8878301/Rugby-player-who-had-stroke-woke-up-gay-and-became-hairdresser.html It sounds like it could be interesting but I can also imagine it might be one of those bang your head against the wall in frustration documentaries

I probably won't watch the programme, because I never watch TV, but the article is interesting indeed! Kinda proves that being gay isn't a choice though, although I can imagine bigots just claiming he's made it all up (in which case, as you say, it would be time to bang our heads against the wall).
Original post by CraigKirk
I probably won't watch the programme, because I never watch TV, but the article is interesting indeed! Kinda proves that being gay isn't a choice though, although I can imagine bigots just claiming he's made it all up (in which case, as you say, it would be time to bang our heads against the wall).

Yeah I hope they explore it well because it is a really interesting case, I'm sure bigots will find plenty of ammo though like you say!
Original post by Crisps
An iPhone app is actually in progress. There's a reason why an Android app was released first, but I can't remember the reason why.

Because Android is just better. :smug:

Spoiler

Original post by Mad Vlad
Because Android is just better. :smug:

Spoiler

:grumble:
Original post by Jace Falco

Original post by cpdavis
:grumble:

Quite. How are you? :h:
Reply 1158
Original post by CraigKirk
Many people often get this worry when they end up attending a university they didn't really want to, but those people often end up loving them and wondering why they didn't choose them before! I obviously only know this from hearsay, but nonetheless, it's worth considering. If you dislike it in your first year, you can always transfer/reapply during your first year to this one that you really want to go to. :smile:

:hugs:

I've met people like that.

Sadly it's not as easy as transferring or reapplying.

I am not sure I even want to do this subject.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Quite. How are you? :h:

Yeah I'm good, yourself? :h:

Latest