The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarrietAC
Oh okay awesome, good luck- fingers crossed! :-)

Do you mind me asking what your UKCAT score is?
It seems like there's a fair few of us on the post interview waiting list. I've heard they give out offers ranked on UKCAT, so what was everyone's UKCAT who's on hold? Mine is 632.5 :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1342
Original post by andrewpeters
It seems like there's a fair few of us on the post offer waiting list. I've heard they give out offers ranked on UKCAT, so what was everyone's UKCAT who's on hold? Mine is 632.5 :/

I was talking about the post interview ( not post offer/per interview) hold list - which was supposed to only have15-20 on it?? I was thinking ths might have shunk further because people on it might have firmed other offers????
Reply 1343
Sorry for the typo - per should have been per interview. Have you had an interview?
Original post by Ruby10
I was talking about the post interview ( not post offer/per interview) hold list - which was supposed to only have15-20 on it?? I was thinking ths might have shunk further because people on it might have firmed other offers????

Sorry! That was a mistake on my behalf, I meant post interview too
Reply 1345
O. Right! So how many do you think there are on the post interview list as you said 'a fair few?'
Original post by Ruby10
O. Right! So how many do you think there are on the post interview list as you said 'a fair few?'

When I called them back in March they said normally 15-20 people.

Also, dont forget to quote me when you reply, otherwise I may not see your post.
Original post by andrewpeters
Do you mind me asking what your UKCAT score is?

It was 650
Reply 1348
Mine was 687.5 I think
I was led to believe BSMS did not use UKCAT very much, so if that is true it will be a surprise to me!
Reply 1349
So any more offers?
Reply 1350
Does anyone know if we have to get a dissection kit and a white coat?

I'm going to get a stethoscope - Littman Cardiology III - saves me having to get the Littman classic II and having to upgrade later.

Do we have to get anything else?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ZeeBurb
Mine was 687.5 I think
I was led to believe BSMS did not use UKCAT very much, so if that is true it will be a surprise to me!

Yeah, they use it after interview to distinguish between applicants.
Reply 1352
does anyone know if you apply for accommodation if bsms is your insurance choice? I received an email from them saying to apply for it today so I'm not really sure! thanks :smile:
Reply 1353
Original post by DSal
does anyone know if you apply for accommodation if bsms is your insurance choice? I received an email from them saying to apply for it today so I'm not really sure! thanks :smile:

I'm assuming you have a Conditional offer?
I would apply in case you miss the conditions of your Firm offer. But you don't have to do it today! You have until the 8th of August!
Reply 1354
So guys which hall are you going to pick?

Or are you going private?
Ahh I hear back next week!
Reply 1356
What do you think the chances are that everyone on the post interview hold list will be given an offer?:
Original post by Ruby10
What do you think the chances are that everyone on the post interview hold list will be given an offer?:

In recent years everyone who's been on post interview got an offer in the end. But this year they've had so many more applicants it's hard to tell. What was your UKCAT by the way?
Reply 1358
Have you any ther offers
Reply 1359
Original post by diurno
I'm assuming you have a Conditional offer?
I would apply in case you miss the conditions of your Firm offer. But you don't have to do it today! You have until the 8th of August!

thank you! :smile: yep conditional offer :smile: is it first come first served in accommodation or like a lottery?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending