Reply 9720
Original post by JuKaMy
Offer from Warwick L100 (finally)

Woah they took their time! Well done though, firmed LSE yet? :tongue:
Reply 9721
Original post by Tateco
Woah they took their time! Well done though, firmed LSE yet? :tongue:

Thanks
Not yet, been waiting on Warwick to see if the offer is suitable for insurance - I think it is, still unsure what grades I could get from where.
Offer is A*A*A + a (in 4th AS) but I will have 4 full A levels and a 5th AS so dno whether the 4th AS can be taken from one of my full A levels or not.
Reply 9722
Original post by JuKaMy
Thanks
Not yet, been waiting on Warwick to see if the offer is suitable for insurance - I think it is, still unsure what grades I could get from where.
Offer is A*A*A + a (in 4th AS) but I will have 4 full A levels and a 5th AS so dno whether the 4th AS can be taken from one of my full A levels or not.

Woah what a ridiculous offer. Why would you need to insure it when your LSE offer is surely lower?
Reply 9723
Original post by Tateco
Woah what a ridiculous offer. Why would you need to insure it when your LSE offer is surely lower?

LSE's is lower (in grades) by the 4th being an E at AS rather than an A at AS.
Warwick's is easier by the flexibility of the grades being (hopefully) from any subject I get them from - LSE's subjects are fixed.

Also, those first two A*s are achieved so no pressure there this summer
Reply 9724
Original post by JuKaMy
LSE's is lower (in grades) by the 4th being an E at AS rather than an A at AS.
Warwick's is easier by the flexibility of the grades being (hopefully) from any subject I get them from - LSE's subjects are fixed.

Also, those first two A*s are achieved so no pressure there this summer

Not as if you'll need an insurance then!
Reply 9725
Original post by Tateco
Not as if you'll need an insurance then!

I don't think anybody hopes to need their insurance, still got to have it. Whether Warwick constitutes insurance is debatable though
Original post by Tateco
Not at all, it sounds like Durham is perfectly suited to you. The only point where Nottingham might have a slight advantage would be applying for postgraduate courses in Economics/Finance due to its more quantitative nature.

Original post by Yash13
What Tat said. However, I would like to add that Nottingham's Economics course is a BA/Bsc therefore you have great flexibility in terms of the quantitative nature of your degree. Neither course is going to let you escape without doing Mathematical modules and you can make your degree at Nottingham less or more quantitative than at Durham. In terms of job prospects, http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/careers-advice/students/2010_FD_Leavers_Employedbydept__ALL.pdf
shows that Durham places its students excellently but at the same time http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economics/documents/economics-newsletter-2011.pdf so does Nottingham. I would say go to both Universities, compare the course content and then make a decision because they are both top institutions outside the Top 5.

Thanks a lot both of you! :smile: I'm aware that they both have similarly good job prospects, but like what Tateco mentioned, I thought Nottingham will offer slight advantages for postgrad studies later which makes it hard for me to turn it down. Since I'm an international student, I can't afford to visit both universities before making the decision. I like Durham as a place more, so it might be a better fit for me, hopefully it won't be of much disadvantage, if I want to do postgrad studies in the future.
Reply 9727
Original post by paperstars123
Thanks a lot both of you! :smile: I'm aware that they both have similarly good job prospects, but like what Tateco mentioned, I thought Nottingham will offer slight advantages for postgrad studies later which makes it hard for me to turn it down. Since I'm an international student, I can't afford to visit both universities before making the decision. I like Durham as a place more, so it might be a better fit for me, hopefully it won't be of much disadvantage, if I want to do postgrad studies in the future.

I don't think it will have that much of a disadvantage, just take as many quantitative modules as possible.

If its of any help at the post-offer open day a person doing the presentation did say that people had got into post-grad study at Oxbridge and other top universities. So it is in entirely possible.
Long time since I've been on TSR, revision and all that jazz... Jesus, what have I missed?

Anybody doing OCR Macro this summer, if so have you started looking at the case study?
Reply 9730
Original post by 94george94
Long time since I've been on TSR, revision and all that jazz... Jesus, what have I missed?

Anybody doing OCR Macro this summer, if so have you started looking at the case study?

I've firmed UCL :yes:
Original post by crazy1234
If its of any help at the post-offer open day a person doing the presentation did say that people had got into post-grad study at Oxbridge and other top universities. So it is in entirely possible.

Thanks a lot! That's encouraging to hear! Which university are you heading to, just out of interest? :smile:
Thanks a lot! That's encouraging to hear! Which university are you heading to, just out of interest? :smile:

I got an offer from KPMG for a gap year scheme, so am taking a gap year. I then wanted to defer Durham, but they have some sort of internal deadline for deferring, so probably reapplying next year :smile:

Are you going Durham or Nottingham then?
Reply 9733
Original post by crazy1234
I got an offer from KPMG for a gap year scheme, so am taking a gap year. I then wanted to defer Durham, but they have some sort of internal deadline for deferring, so probably reapplying next year :smile:

Are you going Durham or Nottingham then?

You're risking your top offer for that scheme?
Original post by Tateco

Congratulations, I got rejected.
Reply 9735
Congratulations, I got rejected.

Unlucky mate, I didn't know you applied, where did you end up firming? :smile:

:yes: We started when it came out because we're keen

that said I haven't actually started on real revision (remembering the syllabus)

where are you headed in october :P?
Original post by Tateco
You definitely gapping now?

I'm still not sure :/ so erm... :cry: *has mental breakdown*

Original post by Tateco

:woo: :biggrin: yaaay! :party: what did you end up insuring?

The Apprentice today, oh if I had a penny for everytime they argue...
Reply 9738
Original post by Brand New Eyes
I'm still not sure :/ so erm... :cry: *has mental breakdown*

:woo: :biggrin: yaaay! :party: what did you end up insuring?

The Apprentice today, oh if I had a penny for everytime they argue...

:hugs: just think carefully through your options, having a gap year is not a big deal at all but you need to decide if it will be worth it!

:biggrin: Bath, they are the same grades but Bath doesn't specify Maths like UCL.

Some of the people on there are just atrocious, they don't think about anything, the team that won wouldn't be able to provide the equipment as cheaply as they promised either, so flawed!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
:hugs: just think carefully through your options, having a gap year is not a big deal at all but you need to decide if it will be worth it!

:biggrin: Bath, they are the same grades but Bath doesn't specify Maths like UCL.

Some of the people on there are just atrocious, they don't think about anything, the team that won wouldn't be able to provide the equipment as cheaply as they promised either, so flawed!

awww :h: thank you Tat. I know! at the moment I have no idea what I'm doing so unless I find something soon I'm firming Bath :tongue:

Ah UCL, I can't remember if you're from London but wooo UCL Karran!

I know right! They're meant to me the best that Britain has to offer business-wise. No wonder our economy is crumbling, entrepreneurship always seems to be the forgotten factor of production.

Latest

Trending

Trending