yeah i do, psychology with sociology.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by MrHappy_J
yeah i do, psychology with sociology.

Cool :smile:

What psy modules do you do? Is it a 4 year course like psy and law?
Original post by sugar-plum-fairy
Cool :smile:

What psy modules do you do? Is it a 4 year course like psy and law?

nah its just three years, im not sure i could bear one more year.

for psych this year ive taken stats, social psychology of groups and biological psychology + two sociology modules each term.
I know what you mean about aanother year! I could quite happily graduate now. Except not with my current grades lol. Completely lacking in any motivation to revise :frown:
I know what you mean about aanother year! I could quite happily graduate now. Except not with my current grades lol. Completely lacking in any motivation to revise :frown:

yeah ive found it extremely difficult to get motivated this year. i was fine during the first three weeks and then it all went downhill lol. needless to say my grades are rubbish. i just want to get it over with.

still, no more lectures until september.
yeah ive found it extremely difficult to get motivated this year. i was fine during the first three weeks and then it all went downhill lol. needless to say my grades are rubbish. i just want to get it over with.

still, no more lectures until september.

I have struggled to even turn up to lectures :frown: Didn't go to a single spss/stats lecture this term, and not many last term which might explain why I got a low 2.2 in spss and completly failed stats and all my assignments this year have been all nighters so haven't been great but just have no motivation. Hopefully somehow I can do welll in the exams, def need it! I just wish our coursework counted for a bit more as I hate exams!

I've been really antsy all year! Haven't felt motivated at all - but think that may have been a result of all the personal problems I've had this year as well with my living situation in Canterbury putting a dampener on things. Everyone I know in their final year says it changes and that they are all wishing for more time now! Sure that once the pressure of the real world starts, I'll wish I were back at Uni, but for now, I just want to be in the real world!
Original post by beffnee
I've been really antsy all year! Haven't felt motivated at all - but think that may have been a result of all the personal problems I've had this year as well with my living situation in Canterbury putting a dampener on things. Everyone I know in their final year says it changes and that they are all wishing for more time now! Sure that once the pressure of the real world starts, I'll wish I were back at Uni, but for now, I just want to be in the real world!

Aww sorry to hear that :frown:

I am jst really lazy.

I know what you mean. The problem is, I don't know what I want to do in the real worl yet so that causes me even more stress! It changes weekly and I am so bad at decision making :frown:
Aww sorry to hear that :frown:

I am jst really lazy.

I know what you mean. The problem is, I don't know what I want to do in the real worl yet so that causes me even more stress! It changes weekly and I am so bad at decision making :frown:

Ahh it's alright, the problem disappears in the new academic year, and I'm only going back to Canterbury for my exam, so really, the problem has gone now with the exception of a couple of days. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :redface: Thanks though :smile:

I feel that! I don't think many people I know actually know what they want to do... the stress of having to sort that out shortly is slightly concerning!! Though I suppose not having a real idea keeps your options open...? More opportunities for a job that way than going for a job in a really niche market!
I have struggled to even turn up to lectures :frown: Didn't go to a single spss/stats lecture this term, and not many last term which might explain why I got a low 2.2 in spss and completly failed stats and all my assignments this year have been all nighters so haven't been great but just have no motivation. Hopefully somehow I can do welll in the exams, def need it! I just wish our coursework counted for a bit more as I hate exams!

haha dont worry i didnt bother to turn up to those during most of last term. i just figured its a waste of time since i never learn anything.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by beffnee

you sound like me...

'ello you! Long time no see/speak :frown: How's everything?

Original post by beffnee

I feel like this now, and have felt like it all year. I think because 1st year I was suffering depression quite severely, so the situations I've been in I've been able to feel for more this year, which with the added stress of having to have a job to pay rent and bills has made this year a difficult one. Can't say I'm looking forward to next year either but at least it's only one more year and it will hopefully fly by. Nearly 2/3 of the way there now :smile:

I'm hoping next years better for you, especially in terms of housing as I know it's been really **** in those terms :hugs:
Original post by beffnee
Ahh it's alright, the problem disappears in the new academic year, and I'm only going back to Canterbury for my exam, so really, the problem has gone now with the exception of a couple of days. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :redface: Thanks though :smile:

I feel that! I don't think many people I know actually know what they want to do... the stress of having to sort that out shortly is slightly concerning!! Though I suppose not having a real idea keeps your options open...? More opportunities for a job that way than going for a job in a really niche market!

That is good that the problem won't be there next academic year :smile:

It is starting to hit home that Grad jobs/postgrad courses applications close around dec time or earlier so need to get planning a bit!

haha dont worry i didnt bother to turn up to those during most of last term. i just figured its a waste of time since i never learn anything.

I thought that too, then I failed stats :/ Have been to many of the other lectures this term either :frown:

Original post by Loz17
'ello you! Long time no see/speak :frown: How's everything?

:

Heyyyy,

I know haven't seen you in ages and when I do it all always really rushed as one of us is going elsewhere!

Things are good, spending the last 2 weeks of the holiday with the boyf at his then mine so that should be nice. Revision isn't going great though. Too many exams and all are 80% of the respective modules so I have to really really work and this year counts scary!

What about you??
you sound like me...

I hope things get better for you! :redface:

Original post by Loz17
I feel like this now, and have felt like it all year. I think because 1st year I was suffering depression quite severely, so the situations I've been in I've been able to feel for more this year, which with the added stress of having to have a job to pay rent and bills has made this year a difficult one. Can't say I'm looking forward to next year either but at least it's only one more year and it will hopefully fly by. Nearly 2/3 of the way there now :smile:

I'm hoping next years better for you, especially in terms of housing as I know it's been really **** in those terms :hugs:

It has always impressed me that you have managed to hold down a job (and one with difficult hours at that) with the work load I know you have! Will you carry on working there next year? As you say, 2/3 of the way there now!

Thanks! The problem will have moved out of the country in September :wink: so hopefully not only will my home life be easier, but I should regain the social life that has been unfairly taken from me this year as well!

It is starting to hit home that Grad jobs/postgrad courses applications close around dec time or earlier so need to get planning a bit!

Still got all of the summer to make some decisions about what direction you want to go in! Hopefully things will start to slot into place a bit, especially when you don't have exams to be worrying about on top of thinking about it! :smile:

Think I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to stay in academia, and having a Masters won't help me with a job, so it's job applications for me... BUT think I will end up applying for Masters courses anyway, in case I can't get a job... Rather that than sit around, unemployed, for a year!

I thought that too, then I failed stats :/ Have been to many of the other lectures this term either :frown:

Heyyyy,

I know haven't seen you in ages and when I do it all always really rushed as one of us is going elsewhere!

Things are good, spending the last 2 weeks of the holiday with the boyf at his then mine so that should be nice. Revision isn't going great though. Too many exams and all are 80% of the respective modules so I have to really really work and this year counts scary!

What about you??

oh dear, did you have to retake?

what year are you in?
Heyyyy,

What about you??

Yea I know, we're just really busy people now :sad:

Very nice, how is your bf? Not seen him in ages either :p: I know what you mean with exams. My hardest ones are all 70%, far too much for my liking :frown: Revision has drained me already and I've only been doing it a week!

I've been enjoying spending time with the bf. Granted we're spending our days together revising but it's still nice to be in his company after not seeing him for 3 months. He's back at uni next week so we're seeing each other as much as possible at the moment.

Original post by beffnee
It has always impressed me that you have managed to hold down a job (and one with difficult hours at that) with the work load I know you have! Will you carry on working there next year? As you say, 2/3 of the way there now!

Thanks! The problem will have moved out of the country in September :wink: so hopefully not only will my home life be easier, but I should regain the social life that has been unfairly taken from me this year as well!

Just have to get on with it. If I didn't have the job I wouldn't be at uni. I have to continue working so I can pay my rent and my bills again. My student loan only covers 10 months of my rent (and I need to pay 12 months full rent next year) so I need to carry on working. Plus I want to try and finish learning to drive and start paying my overdraft off before I graduate. Yea we're getting there. This time next year we'll be studying for our finals :biggrin:

That's good news. You need to have some sort of social life, especially since this is your last year. You need to enjoy it as much as you can!
Really need to start revision. :nothing:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Really need to start revision. :nothing:

You've not started yet?!

Tbf I started a week ago but I've only been doing about 2-3 hours a day. You have time at least :h:
Original post by Loz17
You've not started yet?!

Tbf I started a week ago but I've only been doing about 2-3 hours a day. You have time at least :h:

I know, I know. Massively behind. Getting distracted too easily, though that should settle down now. :sigh:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
I know, I know. Massively behind. Getting distracted too easily, though that should settle down now. :sigh:

Tbh when I'm revising I have both TSR and fb open, or I'm in front of the TV if I'm at the bf's so the distraction never goes :sigh:

You'll get there, dude :hugs:

Quick Reply