The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lacus
I've met people like that.

Sadly it's not as easy as transferring or reapplying.

I am not sure I even want to do this subject.

What unis have you got offers from?

Will this be me in 10 years time? :cry2:
Reply 1182
Original post by anshul95

Yes.
Reply 1183

Worst Hindi lip syncing I've ever seen.

This is how and the misses envisioned your wedding :yep:
Original post by Liam_G
Lmao at Wales :rofl2:

And Anshul.

Unfortunate.
Reply 1186
Original post by thurin
I'm not saying that you should definitely accept one of your other offers and just take what you can get. I know it'll be difficult with your financial and parental situation, but reapplying or going through clearing are options. Or reapplying while you're at uni - you'll get tuition and maintenance loans even for the additional year. Don't let your age put you off, if that's one of your concerns. No one will care at uni. No one that matters, in any case.

On the other hand, you may end up loving wherever you go, and possibilities and interests may manifest in ways you hadn't previously imagined. You can't have your heart set on a definite path, because it may just not happen. You might even find a better one.

I'm just parroting what Craig said (:parrot:) but he's right. Lots of people initially get disappointed with their university placements, but go on to make something out of it.

Noooo. Of course you want to do History. Everyone wants to do history, secretly. And furtively. That's why I do a joint-honours degrees, so I can do History on the side. History's sexy.

What other degrees would you consider? Or, is there something you might like outside of a university degree?

I would like to post a reply that is worthy of all of your sense, but words fail me.

My options are limited, sadly. I am not sure what I will do.
Reply 1187
What unis have you got offers from?

I don't really want to go into it tbh, but the only one that I had an offer from that was potentially a back up is impossible it turns out.
Jace Falco
x

Seeing as you're sort of a policeman, I wondered if you might help me make sense of the strange encounter I had with a couple of police officers on my way home earlier. They were walking down the road, coming towards me and stopped me as I approached, and the following conversation was had:

PC: "Alright there young man, everything ok?"
Me: "Um, fine?"
PC: "Where are you headed?"
Me: "Home"
PC: "Which is where?"
Me: "Just up the road, Nunhead"
PC: "Ok then. So, what's with the walking stick and the limp?"
Me: "I have arthritis"
PC: "Ok..."
Other PC: "What are those blotches on your arms?"
Me: "I have psoriasis. Why am I being interrogated on my medical history?"
PC: "Oh no, we're just checking up. You have a good evening now."

Seriously, wtf was that all about? :lolwut:
Reply 1189
That ain't cool.

You should have told them to mind their own ****ing business, Mike.
I am going to deactivate my TSR from Monday guys
Original post by Revd. Mike
Seeing as you're sort of a policeman, I wondered if you might help me make sense of the strange encounter I had with a couple of police officers on my way home earlier. They were walking down the road, coming towards me and stopped me as I approached, and the following conversation was had:

Probably jealous of your pimp cane, tbh. :pierre:
Original post by cpdavis

Temporarily?
Original post by Mad Vlad
Temporarily?

Well until exams are done which would be 4 weeks of no FB and TSR :sadnod:
Reply 1194
Original post by cpdavis

Aww, we shall miss you.
Original post by Revd. Mike

There could be any number of reasons they'd stop you. It could be that you fit some part of a description of someone they were looking for; maybe there was a missing person or shoplifter or something with a limp. Or maybe they thought you looked suspicious for whatever reason. It was a bit out of order for them just to move on without giving you any idea of why they stopped you, but it's hardly out of the ordinary.

Original post by Laertes
That ain't cool.

You should have told them to mind their own ****ing business, Mike.

Right, because that's always helpful and productive. Minding other people's business is sort of our job.
Reply 1196
Original post by Jace Falco
There could be any number of reasons they'd stop you. It could be that you fit some part of a description of someone they were looking for; maybe there was a missing person or shoplifter or something with a limp. Or maybe they thought you looked suspicious for whatever reason. It was a bit out of order for them just to move on without giving you any idea of why they stopped you, but it's hardly out of the ordinary.

Right, because that's always helpful and productive. Minding other people's business is sort of our job.

I always struggle when I'm approached to police officers because it's really difficult for me to subtly check them out :pierre:

Actually I don't know why but recently I've been considering trying to become a detective* after I graduate :beard:

*I've done no research into this so do not expect me to have anything sensible to say on the matter
Original post by paddy
Actually I don't know why but recently I've been considering trying to become a detective* after I graduate :beard:

*I've done no research into this so do not expect me to have anything sensible to say on the matter

Police detective or private investigator?
Reply 1198
Original post by Jace Falco
Police detective or private investigator?

Private investigator? They exist outside of the 1920s?

OMG I WANT TO BE A PI WITH A FEDORA AND A SASSY RECEPTIONIST.

Somehow I don't think there are grad schemes for those :beard:
Just played 15 Glee songs in a row (not the same album or season from the show), my Gleedar has just gone up rapidly on my Last FM. Got Nicki Minaj on now though - I love her music!!!

Latest