The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Fez
If Glee were up to me it would be just Jonathan Groff making out with Darren Criss and singing my favorite songs. :yep:

Unfortunately, it isn't :dontknow:

If Glee were up to me, it would just be the cast of Glee writhing in agony whilst I sprayed them with deadly acid (having first removed their vocal cords).

Reply 1221
Original post by Revd. Mike
If Glee were up to me, it would just be the cast of Glee writhing in agony whilst I sprayed them with deadly acid (having first removed their vocal cords).

Oh, Mike. We really need to get you in charge of Glee.
Reply 1222
Back in Oxford, gays. Pretty much finished unpacking, too. Now for 9 weeks of work... :colonhash:
Reply 1223
Hey gays, how is everyone?

I'm still annoyed :sigh:
Reply 1224
I'm getting an iPad on Tuesday! :biggrin:
Original post by cpdavis
Interesting campaign video :smile:

:zomg:

Original post by Crisps
Blimey. Just read something in my local paper saying that Rentokil are using a new pesticide infused with chilli powder to deter birds. Apparently it sticks to their feet to give them a 'shock' the next time they tuck their feet up to their genitals. I never realised Rentokil were so kinky :mmm:

That's cruel and unusual. And funny.

We need to get you into the production team. :pierre:
Reply 1226
Original post by dbmag9
Back in Oxford, gays. Pretty much finished unpacking, too. Now for 9 weeks of work... :colonhash:

Ikr. Time to forgo sleep so that I can revise for my collections. I've just been set my history essay too. Like I want to be thinking about that right now. :frown:
Argh, I am fretting.

I have my last exam tomorrow. I've come to the realisation that I'm going to fail this module. That's not me being self-deprecating, just realistic (please don't tell me I'll probably do fine). I missed the coursework deadline, so I've lost out on 50% of the final grade. In order to just pass I'd need to get at least 80% in the exam. Due to ill health, I missed a load of lectures and I'm struggling to catch up. The volume of stuff I need to know is immense, and the detail I need to know it in is intricate. There's just simply too much to learn before tomorrow afternoon.

That being the case, whenever I'm sitting down and studying I just feel stressed out and full of futility. There's no point in me sitting here beating my head with my books because I can't take it all in, because doing so isn't going to change the fact I'm going to epically fail tomorrow. However, any time I'm not attempting to study (like right now), I feel riddled with the guilt that I'm not making some kind of effort ><
Reply 1228
That being the case, whenever I'm sitting down and studying I just feel stressed out and full of futility. There's no point in me sitting here beating my head with my books because I can't take it all in, because doing so isn't going to change the fact I'm going to epically fail tomorrow. However, any time I'm not attempting to study (like right now), I feel riddled with the guilt that I'm not making some kind of effort ><

This is exactly how I feel whenever I revise, whether my exam is in two months or two hours. I sit down, work myself into an unmitigated frenzy, get incredibly annoyed at myself, and then give up completely for a while until the guilt eventually gets to me and the cycle continues.

Sucks that you missed the coursework deadline, I still think you should stick at it though. Try not to get worked up about it, make yourself some tea, or something else that helps you with stress (you're a molecular biologist, I imagine you have some tricks to raise endorphin levels or whatever...)

That's what people always tell me to do anyway. Well, excluding the molecular biologist bit.

/hypocrite
Reply 1229
Original post by Liam_G
something else that helps you with stress (you're a molecular biologist, I imagine you have some tricks to raise endorphin levels or whatever...)

Masturbate. :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just replied to a text I got 3 weeks ago. A new record for me. Wow.

I think that qualifies me as a bad person.
Original post by dbmag9

This tbh.
Argh, I am fretting.

I have my last exam tomorrow. I've come to the realisation that I'm going to fail this module. That's not me being self-deprecating, just realistic (please don't tell me I'll probably do fine). I missed the coursework deadline, so I've lost out on 50% of the final grade. In order to just pass I'd need to get at least 80% in the exam. Due to ill health, I missed a load of lectures and I'm struggling to catch up. The volume of stuff I need to know is immense, and the detail I need to know it in is intricate. There's just simply too much to learn before tomorrow afternoon.

I get this.
You need breaks. It is not possible (unless you are some sort of freak) to revise constantly. Take breaks, accept they are part of the revision process and actually help learning.
I know I am not being very good about this myself currently and effectively punish myself with no fun unless I work thus making me work worse resulting in a spiral od despair.

In short. Take breaks, accept you need them and just do the best you can tomorrow because worrying won't change a damn thing.
Reply 1233
Original post by crazylemon
Just replied to a text I got 3 weeks ago. A new record for me. Wow.

I think that qualifies me as a bad person.

Replying in 3 weeks would be fairly prompt by my standards :ashamed2:

The last text I received started with this - "Hi Liam, I know you probably won't read this text, because you only use your phone about three times a year..."
Original post by Liam_G
Replying in 3 weeks would be fairly prompt by my standards :ashamed2:

The last text I received started with this - "Hi Liam, I know you probably won't read this text, because you only use your phone about three times a year..."

It is more that this person had sent me about 7 texts over a period of a week and I haven't replied to any. Not because I didn't want to but because I forgot. Same reason I haven't seen many of my friends for several months now...
Original post by Liam_G
This is exactly how I feel whenever I revise, whether my exam is in two months or two hours. I sit down, work myself into an unmitigated frenzy, get incredibly annoyed at myself, and then give up completely for a while until the guilt eventually gets to me and the cycle continues.

Sucks that you missed the coursework deadline, I still think you should stick at it though. Try not to get worked up about it, make yourself some tea, or something else that helps you with stress (you're a molecular biologist, I imagine you have some tricks to raise endorphin levels or whatever...)

That's what people always tell me to do anyway. Well, excluding the molecular biologist bit.

/hypocrite

:hugs:

Original post by dbmag9

Original post by Mad Vlad
This tbh.

There has been a lot of that.

Original post by crazylemon
I get this.
You need breaks. It is not possible (unless you are some sort of freak) to revise constantly. Take breaks, accept they are part of the revision process and actually help learning.
I know I am not being very good about this myself currently and effectively punish myself with no fun unless I work thus making me work worse resulting in a spiral od despair.

In short. Take breaks, accept you need them and just do the best you can tomorrow because worrying won't change a damn thing.

Ha, I've done virtually nothing but take breaks -_-
wrestling.jpg

I would feel a little uncomfortable if I were in his position :biggrin:
Original post by Ace Of Diamonds
wrestling.jpg

I would feel a little uncomfortable if I were in his position :biggrin:

Depends what you're into, tbh.

Does look a bit awkward, though.
Reply 1238
I've eaten about 50 Rich Tea biscuits. I has problems.
Original post by Liam_G
I've eaten about 50 Rich Tea biscuits. I has problems.

Go on, how long did it take you to eat them? I bet you haven't beaten my record of 2 packs of Coconut buscuits to myself over 4 days! :jerry:

Latest