The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did 4 stones in 3 months? I went on the dukan diet.... i am now not a virgin yay :wink:
Original post by sheepy18
wow, thats great! how much more you got lose? and how did you lose it? i lost a stone last year, but got another five to go, as of today i'm on a low carb diet and really got to up the exercise!lol

Hey! Well i took a gap year, went to the doctor's who told me that i needed to lose half my body weight (!!!) lost 4 and need to lose another 5, like you hon! :biggrin:
I lost weight by eating less and doing more walking. I also cut the carbs out, ate no dairy, and the weight came off. I think i could have lost more if i went to the gym, but i'm joining this year!
I lost a stone alone just being at uni, even with alcohol involved lol
I want to lose it gradually as i'm scared of sagging skin, but have very little stretch marks and moisturise regularly :o:
I'd love to know how you do! We can do this!! :five:
Original post by sheepy18
forgot to ask, which dvd did you use?

Its called 'IntenSanti Intention and Power'. I think its american, I just found it in my cupboard lol, probably an old antique of my mum's. Its really good though, quite relaxing with yoga and martial arts, but you still burn 600 cals.
Nice one :smile: I wouldn't recommend losing weight that quickly - it will be hard to maintain. But WeightWatchers has a pretty good reputation so I doubt they'd put you on a diet that was unsafe...
Reply 44
Original post by jennaz77
Some months ago I found out that I needed to have this operation on my leg otherwise I'd get athritis by the time I was like 30 or something. But I needed to be a healthy weight to have it and at a little over 14 stone at 5 ft 10 I really wasn't. But now I have got down to 11 stone which gives me a healthy BMI and I can have the op. It only took me 3 months!

I went on weightwatchers which got me eating something like 1500 calories a day which wasn't extremely difficult. But the tricky part was the exercise. Based on my BMR, to lose 4lb a week, which I needed to do to lose 3 stone in 3 months, I needed to burn off 1800 calories every single day! Well it was either that or athritis, so I spent mornings doing an exercise dvd burning 600 cals, afternoons at the gym for an hour burning 600, and evenings on the treadmill for an hour burning 600, every single day.

I started this on October the 1st really hoping to be the right weight to have the op in January and I cant actually believe it worked. I didn't weigh myself throughout until today and its a real shock to go on the scales now and see that 3 stone has actually dropped off. Hopefully I can be an inspiration to all of you out there who really want to be healthier. I wouldn't recommend trying to lose it as fast as I did unless you need to have an op or something, but you can do it! :biggrin:

Hi! I know It's been a long time since you first posted this article however, there's something I want to ask. After you lost weight, did you have a lot of excess skin? Thanks in advance (:
Reply 45
i might have to do this, sounds a good idea to loose my beer belly for summer :biggrin::colone:
Reply 46
Original post by p+i+n+k
1kg = 6000 calories
1 pound = 3500 calories

posrep for you, 1 pound = 3500 calories.
Don't know why you got negged for this fact personally.
Original post by Annaphora
Hi! I know It's been a long time since you first posted this article however, there's something I want to ask. After you lost weight, did you have a lot of excess skin? Thanks in advance (:

Hiya, sorry for the late reply. I didn't have any excess skin, I think that happens after losing a bit more like over 5 stone. Also because I did lots of exercise I got a lot tighter and more toned.
Reply 48
Hiya, sorry for the late reply. I didn't have any excess skin, I think that happens after losing a bit more like over 5 stone. Also because I did lots of exercise I got a lot tighter and more toned.

Don't worry about it! It's been a long time since the thread was posted anyway. Thank you for the reply! I really need to lose about 7 stones because of my knees, they keep dislocating because of my weight :/
Original post by Annaphora
Don't worry about it! It's been a long time since the thread was posted anyway. Thank you for the reply! I really need to lose about 7 stones because of my knees, they keep dislocating because of my weight :/

Oh good luck, do you have a plan? It's a lot to lose but as long as you have the willpower it's possible. Also I've heard that the heavier you are the faster you lose weight. I would recommend weightwatchers, im still with them even though i reached my goal a while ago, but i dont think i would have been able to maintain if i had left. Ive seen so many successful weight loss stories since i started. Theres a lady who has lost 82 lb which I think is nearly as mich as you want to lose, and shes still going. I wish you all the best.
Reply 50
I'm also on the Weightwatchers. I pretty much spent last summer in bed being ill and taking a ton of steroids. I've never been slim but that made me hit 83kg at 168cm tall. I lost down to 77kg under my own steam, but uni completely stalled any weightloss after that so I decided to join Weightwatchers. Since joining 10 weeks ago I've lost another 7kg, simply following the diet.
I don't think you have to burn as many calories in a day as some of you are suggesting? I'm eating about 1300 a day and my activity is just riding my bike to get places, I'm also doing a bit of jogging a few times a week but not anything remotely strenuous!
Anyway, seems to be working. Also congrats on all these success stories :smile:
Reply 51
Oh good luck, do you have a plan? It's a lot to lose but as long as you have the willpower it's possible. Also I've heard that the heavier you are the faster you lose weight. I would recommend weightwatchers, im still with them even though i reached my goal a while ago, but i dont think i would have been able to maintain if i had left. Ive seen so many successful weight loss stories since i started. Theres a lady who has lost 82 lb which I think is nearly as mich as you want to lose, and shes still going. I wish you all the best.

Sorry for the late reply! Been busy with studying and etc. Thank you and no I don't :') And my mum did sign me and herself for it but found it slightly effective so, we stopped. And that's quite inspirational, thank you! c:
hey guys i am desperate to lose 3 stone by at least june, how on earth do i do this? i live with my bf and i've been eating the same as him which i think is a big factor in why i've put the weight on. i've tried the gym thing every day and though i have become a tad more toned there is no difference in weight despite doing cardio for like 45 mins. It's driving me mad as well as really upsetting me as i used to be slim and have a athletic body.
Some months ago I found out that I needed to have this operation on my leg otherwise I'd get athritis by the time I was like 30 or something. But I needed to be a healthy weight to have it and at a little over 14 stone at 5 ft 10 I really wasn't. But now I have got down to 11 stone which gives me a healthy BMI and I can have the op. It only took me 3 months!

I went on weightwatchers which got me eating something like 1500 calories a day which wasn't extremely difficult. But the tricky part was the exercise. Based on my BMR, to lose 4lb a week, which I needed to do to lose 3 stone in 3 months, I needed to burn off 1800 calories every single day! Well it was either that or athritis, so I spent mornings doing an exercise dvd burning 600 cals, afternoons at the gym for an hour burning 600, and evenings on the treadmill for an hour burning 600, every single day.

I started this on October the 1st really hoping to be the right weight to have the op in January and I cant actually believe it worked. I didn't weigh myself throughout until today and its a real shock to go on the scales now and see that 3 stone has actually dropped off. Hopefully I can be an inspiration to all of you out there who really want to be healthier. I wouldn't recommend trying to lose it as fast as I did unless you need to have an op or something, but you can do it! :biggrin:

can u please tell me what exercise dvd you used to burn 600 calories??????
Reply 54
That is inspirational, thanks! I am a 6
I see this was quite a few years ago but my bmr is 1,989 can anyone work out for me how many calories I should be having and how many I need to burn to lose 3-4 stone in 3 months :/
Original post by mellb1996
I see this was quite a few years ago but my bmr is 1,989 can anyone work out for me how many calories I should be having and how many I need to burn to lose 3-4 stone in 3 months :/

As you say it's an old thread and most members here are unlikely to be active any more. You're better off making your own thread in either this or the fitness forum :smile: good luck, hope you manage it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hoping this works for me although I'm not sure that exercising 3 times a day would fit in with my family!! I am currently 14 stone and 5 ft 7. This is the most I have weighed apart from when I was pregnant!! Joined WW last night so I am really focused!! Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it!!
Reply 58
Hi what did you have for breakfast lunch on the weight watchers
Reply 59
I have a similar delemar i need to lose 3 stone asap to join the army reserve

Latest