The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by nataliekwong
I was asking a few of my friends at school what they were planning on doing after we finish our gcse exams and then go on study leave...then the summer holidaysEveryone seemed to be doing something interestingLikeGoing to summer classesGoing to New York (lucky them...)And going here and there...whilst some of them are just going to sit around and wait for their results to come out...But anyway, what are you guys planning on doing this Summer? XD
Researching gene delivery at uni with a mate. :cool:
Original post by a rusH
Researching gene delivery at uni with a mate. :cool:

Reply 82
Original post by hasan4life

I don't understand...
Original post by a rusH
I don't understand...

someone needs to steal a gene or 2 when they visit the gene lab :mmm:
Reply 84
someone needs to steal a gene or 2 when they visit the gene lab :mmm:
:frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Dux_Helvetica
I'm going on a huge euro-trip with a bunch of my friends. Starting in Switzerland, then Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany (Berlin-Hamburg-Frankfurt) and finally the Netherlands (Amsterdam)

this sounds awesome!!!
Original post by a rusH
:frown:

Spoiler

:hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 87
Working on a very exciting project.
Reply 88
when i pass this year,

i get to tour around scotland (i live here but never went to the shetlands/orkney etc)
then head to dubai to visit parents for a month,
then back to scotland
move in to my new flat gonna be living with my bf :smile:
then going to new york for 10 days with bf.

so stoked.
Nothing I have no money and anything that doesn't cost money no one will do with me.
Reply 90
1. Play Guild Wars 2, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Revelations, God of War HD, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 (seriously), The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (seriously) and The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword...
2. Read as many books & articles (yeah, I do read papers for fun - problem?) as I can. Too many to list.
3. Learn to cook properly.
4. Run/jog/walk daily.
5. Lift weights 3-4 times a week.
6. Watch all episodes of Gundam Wing, One Piece, Deathnote, Cowboy Bepop, Berserk, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist...
7. Finish reading 300 (yeah I haven't read it before - problem?), Habibi, Batman: The Killing Joke, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Punisher MAX.

I doubt I'll do half of them. 3 months is not enough but I will continue after the summer in a slower pace (due to uni)
Reply 91
Original post by icfan
Planning to get a driving licence and possible some experience with MRI.

Since I am EU student and going to start a MSc in London this September, I am was thinking to move there around August but I am afraid that accommodation would be damn too expensive due to the Olympics.

Any thoughts on that? :biggrin:

Thanks!

Negative rating for? :P lol.
Original post by xmarilynx
I've always wanted to do this but never had the time/money! Have fun! Btw if your route's flexible you should consider switching Frankfurt for Munich, absolutely stunning city and so much to see and do :smile:

I'll be in Hamburg (Germany) for three months for an internship :biggrin: Hopefully will get to travel a bit on weekends (Vienna, Zurick, Luxembourg, Prague, Warsaw....) money permitting.

Actually, me and my friends all live in Switzerland and so Munich is not so exotic for us (we've all been there). The main reason we're stopping in Frankfurt anyway is because one of the 4 of us is from there :smile: Zurich is a pretty nice city, but Lucerne is more authentically Swiss and less cosmopolitan/urban.
Reply 93
:hugs:

Spoiler

:hmmm:

Spoiler

Original post by f1mad
Working on a very exciting project.

Whats the project about?

Original post by HoneyFlux
when i pass this year,

i get to tour around scotland (i live here but never went to the shetlands/orkney etc)
then head to dubai to visit parents for a month,
then back to scotland
move in to my new flat gonna be living with my bf :smile:
then going to new york for 10 days with bf.

so stoked.

NY : SHOP TIL YOU DROP!
Reply 95
I'm off to Peru this Summer for eight to ten weeks. Hopefully I'll get to see a bit of Bolivia and Chile too! x
Reply 96

NY : SHOP TIL YOU DROP!

NY is gonna be so expensive, only just booked flights an hotel..dont think i'll have time or the money to shop till i drop. would rather eat till i drop and see the sights till i drop. ahaha
I dont know yet, but i CANNOT WAIT!
Reply 98
Whats the project about?

That's a secret.

:ninja:
Reply 99
I've got 3 holidays booked with friends and apart from that I plan to work and worry about my exam results!

Quick Reply

Latest