The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Help with STEP!!!

hello guys!
I got an offer to study math at Warwick, which requires me taking STEP or AEA. I'm a foundation student and my college don't want to arrange this STEP test(maybe I'm the only candidate), so I found four open centres in London and called them up, most of them said that they had stopped offering this test and the rest of them didn't reply. Moreover, another qualification, AEA, even doesn't seem like it has an updated official webcite.
Since the deadline is coming, I'm so confused and desperate!!! I can't see why Warwick want our life to be more difficult!!!
Could you please help me with this?? Thank you so much!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by ZOMBIEK
x

Well you've left this a bit late... Be prepared to pay an extortionate amount for entering either exam. :cool:

Which open centres did you try? Look at the ones here (if you haven't done so already) - I'd be surprised if these didn't allow you to sit STEP. If they don't, it might be worth trying to call local schools and asking politely. Or maybe be prepared to travel to other parts of the UK to take the test.

The AEA should be a lot easier to enter for - it's not much different to being entered for an A-Level unit. Any Edexcel exam centre should allow you to enter for it. I'd be surprised if your school doesn't allow you to do so. It does have a wesbite btw.

Although be prepared to pay around £150 for the AEA.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thank you so much!! I'm in a foundation programme in King's college, since only around ten students studying math here, maybe the number of cadidtaes is too small. I have contacted all centers listed in the link you gave me and they just said they no longer offer this test...
yes that website works, but do you know where I can find specific information about AEA, such as entry fees, exam schedules, when do results released etc??

Thanks again, cheers!

Original post by Ree69
Well you've left this a bit late... Be prepared to pay an extortionate amount for entering either exam. :cool:

Which open centres did you try? Look at the ones here (if you haven't done so already) - I'd be surprised if these didn't allow you to sit STEP. If they don't, it might be worth trying to call local schools and asking politely. Or maybe be prepared to travel to other parts of the UK to take the test.

The AEA should be a lot easier to enter for - it's not much different to being entered for an A-Level unit. Any Edexcel exam centre should allow you to enter for it. I'd be surprised if your school doesn't allow you to do so. It does have a wesbite btw.

Although be prepared to pay around £150 for the AEA.
Original post by ZOMBIEK
Thank you so much!! I'm in a foundation programme in King's college, since only around ten students studying math here, maybe the number of cadidtaes is too small. I have contacted all centers listed in the link you gave me and they just said they no longer offer this test...
yes that website works, but do you know where I can find specific information about AEA, such as entry fees, exam schedules, when do results released etc??

Thanks again, cheers!

Information about AEA Maths is here:
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/aea/Pages/default.aspx
The entries follow A level dates, so you are now on late entry fees.

STEP entries close on 30th April, so get in contact with one of the independent schools or schools with big sixth forms near you and see if they have anyone taking STEP and would therefore be happy to have an external candidate.
Reply 4
Yes I have looked at this website and I still can't find those information...forgive me...Could you please give me a more specific link?

and how can I find those independent schools which offer this test? I'm an international student so I may some difficulties..
Thank you so much for your help!!! :biggrin:

Original post by tiny hobbit
Information about AEA Maths is here:
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/aea/Pages/default.aspx
The entries follow A level dates, so you are now on late entry fees.

STEP entries close on 30th April, so get in contact with one of the independent schools or schools with big sixth forms near you and see if they have anyone taking STEP and would therefore be happy to have an external candidate.

Quick Reply

Latest