The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Can you do your College time in Glasgow?
Reply 1101
no you cant do college in glasgow. there are 4 colleges, one for each discipline. mechanical in falkirk, process in aberdeen, c & i in edinburgh and electrical in middlesborough.
Reply 1102
I think there are only 3 now, Aberdeen - Process, Falkirk - Mechanical, Edinburgh - Instrumental and Electrical. So middlesborough have closed now but the course is still available only in Edinburgh now. I'm at Aberdeen and i think there might be an addition course added here or another moved to here.
Got my interview on Tuesday and have started to get really nervous already. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after having the interview?
Anyone in the County Durham area got any dates yet for the apitude test?
Original post by Nameismark87
Got my interview on Tuesday and have started to get really nervous already. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after having the interview?

it takes around 2weeks or less
Does that mean that positions start getting offered from as early as the start of May? Seems awfully soon considering the application closing date isn't until the end of April. Not that I'd be complaining if I get a spot!
Original post by Nameismark87
Does that mean that positions start getting offered from as early as the start of May? Seems awfully soon considering the application closing date isn't until the end of April. Not that I'd be complaining if I get a spot!

i had two interviews last year and they were well spaced out soo it took till August to hear final word by some people got places a lot sooner, if U look back a few pages U'll see whn some people got their offers.
Reply 1108
i think they may offer so many places for each region. i have a friend who hasn't recieved an aptitude test date yet so would be awfully unfair if all the places were offered before he'd even sat an interview. some people do wait longer, like months. its not a 2 week standard. if ur **** and they dont like you, you will get your 'no' pretty quickly
Just had my interview with a guy called Gordon McNeil. I feel it went well, was a very relaxed interview. Didn't get asked anything about the Oil and Gas industry though so wasted a good few hours learning facts and figures. I was also told that I would likely not hear back until july! Thats going to be one hell of a wait!
Reply 1110
got my letter today sayingi passed :biggrin:
Reply 1111
Got letter back today to say I have passed as well
Reply 1112
Well done you two, I'm still waiting for a date for mine. The waiting is killing me, although I have enough on my plate with exams over the next couple of months. I did put on my application that I have exams throughout May and June, so may not have even have it until July.
Reply 1113
i did my aptitude test last friday in aberdeen and got my letter friday just passed saying that i had passed all the tests, onto the interview now.
Reply 1114
Anyone had letters for interview around the Glasgow area yet?
Reply 1115
has anyone received there results from ECITB yet
Original post by addi786
has anyone received there results from ECITB yet

I have my tests with ECITB at Grangemouth tomorrow :biggrin:

I feel as if mostly Im ready, just last minute studying tonight, its been hard with studying for my highers which are on the 17th, 18th, 21st and 22nd of May :frown:

Anyone else going tomorrow :smile:

Dean
Reply 1117
Original post by Ryann
i did my aptitude test last friday in aberdeen and got my letter friday just passed saying that i had passed all the tests, onto the interview now.

hey ryann i have my aptitude test coming up soon what will i have to study or revise for it many thanks if you could get back to me many thanks
Original post by saj123
hey ryann i have my aptitude test coming up soon what will i have to study or revise for it many thanks if you could get back to me many thanks

Alot of people won't help you out as in all fairness we are all in it against eachother.

But since its my 2nd year doing the tests (failed only 1 section last year) I feel like I should help.

There is 5 tests:
Maths Non calc
Maths Calc
Fault Diagnosis (This is the process one)
Mechanical
English type one

For maths and English you can get help on http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html by doing those tests - numerical and the General Ability one.

For the other ones, just do a quick google of them, and you will sure to find stuff

for example google Mechanical Comprehension practice tests and you will come up with basically what you get in the tests :smile:

Good luck!
Dean
Reply 1119
Got my date for interview today.

Mine is on the 16th of may.

Got a big information sheet also stating the money I will get and some other useful information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending