The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Oh, I finished my course and got all the results last month. I'm now still in Australia, so I used the Australian Post to send my package in the early of March. What drives me mad is I neither can track my letter nor recieve any confirmation from both the University and Australian Post that it is delivered to the destination. I've tried to contact with post office to ask what happened with my letter, but there has been no replied at all >"<. So annoying! I had to change another provider and thank god, it's reached today. Hm, now I feel quite disappointed with the scholarship process. It' like " saying and doing are two different things". Hope we can get the outcome soon!
(edited 12 years ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 201
Who had being awarded full scholarship before? Pls how high is ur GPA. Jst want to knw d level of GPA one shud attain 2 b considered 4 d scholarship. I'm somehow confused, don't knw if I shud go for d fully funded or jst fee waiver, though my GPA is upto 80percent. Pls need ur help. Tnx
how difficult is it to get a full scholarship there? Im still not sure if I want to go to Westminster :/
Reply 203
Original post by wea
Who had being awarded full scholarship before? Pls how high is ur GPA. Jst want to knw d level of GPA one shud attain 2 b considered 4 d scholarship. I'm somehow confused, don't knw if I shud go for d fully funded or jst fee waiver, though my GPA is upto 80percent. Pls need ur help. Tnx

Well if you can afford the accomodation and other expenses, then just go for the fee waiver. 80 is a nice percentage. It depends where you are though. In my country, 75 is distinction so 80 is a very good number. In america, 90 and above is A so 80 is just a good old B. Also, i believe it also depends on whether you are applying for an undergraduate degree or a postgrad. :smile:
Hello everybody!

I'm from Bogotá - Colombia and I want to apply for a scholarship @Westminster. Would you guys give me any advice regarding financial need? How did you demonstrate it? Any other advice regarding the entire application? (references, statement, etc.)

Thank you all!

C
Reply 205
I too had doubts on whether I should apply for the full international or just the fee waiver, and Im going with the latter. Just waiting for my reference letter (my brazilian university is giving me a hard time on that) so I can post the application.

About financial need, I think you should just be honest about what your real conditions are. I think due to the high competition over these scholarships they're probably making sure they choose the best candidate, so lies and being overdramatic might not work here.
Original post by andrealm
I too had doubts on whether I should apply for the full international or just the fee waiver, and Im going with the latter. Just waiting for my reference letter (my brazilian university is giving me a hard time on that) so I can post the application.

About financial need, I think you should just be honest about what your real conditions are. I think due to the high competition over these scholarships they're probably making sure they choose the best candidate, so lies and being overdramatic might not work here.

Hello Andrea,

regarding which scholarship you should apply, why don't you try applying for both of them? Or maybe just suggest them in the application and let them decide what suits best your needs.

I hope you can get your reference letter as soon as possible.

Concerning financial need, you're totally right. I'm aiming to be totally honest. However, I wonder if anyone around here has filled out any particular financial form or something like that to show their financial need.
Reply 207
Original post by cristhianfm
Hello Andrea,

regarding which scholarship you should apply, why don't you try applying for both of them? Or maybe just suggest them in the application and let them decide what suits best your needs.

I hope you can get your reference letter as soon as possible.

Concerning financial need, you're totally right. I'm aiming to be totally honest. However, I wonder if anyone around here has filled out any particular financial form or something like that to show their financial need.

I thought about applying for both but I'm guessing they'll always consider you for the cheapest scholarship. It's a tough matter, I mean can I afford accommodation costs? Yes, if my parents sell our house (which is what we're considering here) and move to some place cheaper. So, I wonder what's their definition for the word "afford".

Regarding financial needs, I don't think there's a form or anything else you can send to show your financial situation. In fact, they're clearly state that you should only send the documents required, so I guess the letter is your only tool here.

Good luck for us all, anyway!
(edited 12 years ago)
How long dose it take to get an offer from westminter?
I have not applied it yet.

How to apply it via post or ukpass?

I need help plz tell me

Thx u in advance.
Reply 209
Original post by Pinny_klai
How long dose it take to get an offer from westminter?
I have not applied it yet.

How to apply it via post or ukpass?

I need help plz tell me

Thx u in advance.

Did you mean the offer letter or offer for a scholarship?

For admissions, i got the offer letter within two weeks. I just applied for scholarship last week and i think i should be hearing from then after the deadline which is 30th may.
I hope that helped. :smile:
Thank you Mekagrg

I mean an offer letter. :smile:

Can i ask something?

Are you an international student?

I am quite confusing about how to apply

Are you apply through UKPASS?
I'm and international student, but had lots of trouble with UKPASS so I filled up the application form and sent it through e-mail with all the paperwork to the admissions department. Hope this works for you.
Reply 212
I'm international too but I applied via UCAS. Don't even know what UKPASS is to be honest with you! I don't think you can apply now through UCAS though, unless it's open for late aplications, I don't know.
Reply 213
Original post by Pinny_klai
Thank you Mekagrg

I mean an offer letter. :smile:

Can i ask something?

Are you an international student?

I am quite confusing about how to apply

Are you apply through UKPASS?

Yes, i am an international student. No need to be confused, just go to ucas website and follow the instructions. And for the paperwork, you scan them and send them as email attachments to the admissions.
The only problem would be to pay for the application. I had my friend who is in the U.K do it for me so my application process went down really smoothly.
You can apply until 30 june but you wont be able to apply for a scholarship since the deadline for scholarship is 30 May.

I hope this helped. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 214
Ps. I don't know what a Ukpass is either. I did everything via UCAS.
Reply 215
Hey guys, I sent my application last week and according to the post they received it last friday. However, I still havent got any confirmation from them. Has this happened with anyone?
Reply 216
I got a confirmation email on Tuesday. I had emailed them about it. The DHL tracking said the package was delivered on last week's Tuesday. So don't worry. The university might be in the process of notifying or if you think it's been too long, you could always email them. :smile:
Reply 217
Anyone applying for the International full scholarships for the September intake? I'm still writing the essay, stuck on the financial need part. Don't know what to write in it. :biggrin:
Reply 218
Original post by candy82
Anyone applying for the International full scholarships for the September intake? I'm still writing the essay, stuck on the financial need part. Don't know what to write in it. :biggrin:

I already applied for mine. Are you mentioning any other scholarship on the form? I didn't. I just wrote "Full International Scholarships". I wonder if that was a good idea to mention just one scholarship. :frown:

Anyway, i wrote about my financial need on the first paragraph and described my ability on the second one and on the third one, i explained what my intentions were. Since the word limit was so limited, i had to be very concise which was hard to do.

Well, good luck.:smile:
Reply 219
I kinda did the opposite of what you did! Hahah
I decided to focus on one good experience of mine on the first paragraph, then I went on to speak about me academically and on the last one I talked the about financial side and my intentions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending