The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minniiee
turkey (obvs)/Italy
you?

turkish,italian,mexican and greek cuisine.
Original post by Spairos
I don't know about Turkish sports, so which is the best team?

Historically, the best teams in Turkey are Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Historically, the best teams in Turkey are Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor.

But which one has won the most championships?
Original post by Spairos
But which one has won the most championships?

Fenerbahçe (18), Galatasaray (17), Beşiktaş (13), Trabzonspor (6)....

However, Galatasaray are the only Turkish team to have one a European trophy. They did this in the year 2000 when they won the UEFA Cup after overcoming Arsenal on penalty shootouts, they then followed up on their achievement by defeating Real Madrid after extra time and winning the UEFA Super Cup.
Reply 1664
Fenerbahçe (18), Galatasaray (17), Beşiktaş (13), Trabzonspor (6)....

However, Galatasaray are the only Turkish team to have one a European trophy. They did this in the year 2000 when they won the UEFA Cup after overcoming Arsenal on penalty shootouts, they then followed up on their achievement by defeating Real Madrid after extra time and winning the UEFA Super Cup.

Is it not 18 apiece now..? :holmes:
Original post by Akkuz
Is it not 18 apiece now..? :holmes:

Yes, it is. :laugh:

Fenerbahçe did get some form of consolation today as they beat Galatasaray 2-1 away from home.
Reply 1666
Yes, it is. :laugh:

Fenerbahçe did get some form of consolation today as they beat Galatasaray 2-1 away from home.

Indeed. All my Fener supporting friends are going crazy on facebook as if they just won the league or something..:^_^:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
A scene from Citizen Kane :biggrin:

Howcome the turkihs flag looks different on ur pro, what's happened to it?! :eek:
Original post by OrlandoMagic
Absolute LOL!

Do they actually?

lol yup
and on galatasary beskitas nights...
what can i say... my nan is fierce haha

Original post by y.yousef
Howcome the turkihs flag looks different on ur pro, what's happened to it?! :eek:

i do believe its the turkish cypriot flag rather than the turkish turkish flag if you see what i mean...

It's the North Cyprus flag because I'm from there rather than Turkey. I don't think that it was on TSR before, but now it is :woo:

i do believe its the turkish cypriot flag rather than the turkish turkish flag if you see what i mean...

This girl's got it all :biggrin:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
It's the North Cyprus flag because I'm from there rather than Turkey. I don't think that it was on TSR before, but now it is :woo:

This girl's got it all :biggrin:

ahaha yay :smile:
so glad i was right about that... was half expecting you to go err... what you talking bout? lol

:facepalm:

You nincompoop.

hollywoodbudgie
This girl's got it all

She's Turkish and she was able to recognise the flag of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. There's no need to blow it out of proportion! :sigh:

minniiee
so glad i was right about that...

I'll spare you from my wrath, this once, but please do not degrade yourself to her level.

hollywoodbudgie
It's the North Cyprus flag because I'm from there rather than Turkey.

The only reason I had the Northern Cypriot flag on my profile (as you may have noticed) was because I did not want to be grouped with you while you wore the Turkish insignia (despite being Cypriot). But now I, as Sultan and supreme leader of the Turkish society, will revert to the Turkish flag in order to avoid being categorised with lesbian fiends!

Spoiler

Look, Cyprus is a little speck barely visible to the naked eye.

:smug:
:facepalm:

You nincompoop.

She's Turkish and she was able to recognise the flag of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. There's no need to blow it out of proportion! :sigh:

I'll spare you from my wrath, this once, but please do not degrade yourself to her level.

The only reason I had the Northern Cypriot flag on my profile (as you may have noticed) was because I did not want to be grouped with you while you wore the Turkish insignia (despite being Cypriot). But now I, as Sultan and supreme leader of the Turkish society, will revert to the Turkish flag in order to avoid being categorised with lesbian fiends!

Spoiler

Look, Cyprus is a little speck barely visible to the naked eye.

:smug:

thanks i think....

as i assume you to be a reasonably intelligent person...
would you mind explaining the turkey/greece/cyprus thing/situation to me briefly? i have no idea what happened and id ask my mother but she'd give me a load of factually incorrect tosh and an explanation from my father would last years. also i expect what i find on the internet to be baised whereas if your as intelligent as you seem you will be unbaised in your description of events....
would you mind explaining the turkey/greece/cyprus thing/situation to me briefly? i have no idea what happened and id ask my mother but she'd give me a load of factually incorrect tosh and an explanation from my father would last years.

Well, I'm in a rush, so I'll provide you with a very brief summary: Greece tried to annex Cyprus and the Greek Cypriot terrorist group carried out attrocities and massacres against the Turkish population. Turkey intefered and and created a northern border from which much of the Greek population were exiled from (or fled) and provided a safe haven for fleeing indigenous Turkish Cypriot populations. There are currently fourty thousand Turkish troops stationed in Northern Cyprus.

minniiee
also i expect what i find on the internet to be baised whereas if your as intelligent as you seem you will be unbaised in your description of events....

Bias depends not on my 'intelligence', but on my partiality.
Well, I'm in a rush, so I'll provide you with a very brief summary: Greece tried to annex Cyprus and the Greek Cypriot terrorist group carried out attrocities and massacres against the Turkish population. Turkey intefered and and created a northern border from which much of the Greek population were exiled from (or fled) and provided a safe haven for fleeing indigenous Turkish Cypriot populations. There are currently fourty thousand Turkish troops stationed in Northern Cyprus.

Bias depends not on my 'intelligence', but on my partiality.

yes but an intelligent person is less likely to "bash" the 'opposition' and more likely to acknowledge the wrong doings of their own 'side'.

thanks though
Gosh you ask something on here, and you get slated. :dry:
I genuinely didn't know...like is that seriously a problem..I'm wanting to know more about my Turkish heritage,....ahh pissed off I am.
Gosh you ask something on here, and you get slated. :dry:
I genuinely didn't know...like is that seriously a problem..I'm wanting to know more about my Turkish heritage,....ahh pissed off I am.

to be fair it wasn't the brightest question
you appeared to assume that the flag was the turkish flag just because there was a crescent moon and star...
if we're basing things on those assumption
these are also a turkish flags:

Spoiler

to be fair it wasn't the brightest question
you appeared to assume that the flag was the turkish flag just because there was a crescent moon and star...
if we're basing things on those assumption
these are also a turkish flags:

Spoiler

well why are questions asked...to gain more information.
theres no such thing as a clever question now is ther.
look i dont need to criticise my intellect tyvm.
i cant stand ppl who dumb down ppl just for asking qeustions.

crescnt moon and star is also a pakistani flag..now wat? is that turkish as well.donw goes your theory.
well why are questions asked...to gain more information.
theres no such thing as a clever question now is ther.
look i dont need to criticise my intellect tyvm.
i cant stand ppl who dumb down ppl just for asking qeustions.

crescnt moon and star is also a pakistani flag..now wat? is that turkish as well.donw goes your theory.

well there kinda is
a stupid question would be one to which the answer was obvious/clear/easily deducible
so a clever question would be all else

and no you just proved my point...
well there kinda is
a stupid question would be one to which the answer was obvious/clear/easily deducible
so a clever question would be all else

and no you just proved my point...

it's OBVIOUS to you...but it aint obvious to me.
we're from diofferent worlds...ihavn't been brought up with turkish culture AT AL...nor hav i vistited the country...nor do i know anything of the country..nor hav i met another turkish.

so why wud it be easily deducible....?! wtf.

something that might be obvious to me i.e. names famous artists, may not be as obvious to you.
so you can't just say that mate..
just shows u aint down to earth, u aint willing to explain sumfin with out having that sarcy tone.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending