The Student Room Group

Songs that will get you through the exam period

Scroll to see replies

I created a playlist which I use to revise to, quite aptly named 'Revision Playlist'. It's mainly instrumentals/classics/soundtracks, basically minimal singing...I find it pretty helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9E276DE52A3AEE93
Reply 61
Lots of Kate Bush (& the occasional bit of Wham).
Reply 62
I'm still standing by Elton John

Hoping to sing this on results day if I do well and will probably look like an idiot when I do!:biggrin:
my chemical romance- teenager
and there is nothing the arctic monkeys cant sooth.

p.s. some of the songs recommended are just funny, "punjabi hit squad" :tongue: yet again you never objected to genre nor type of song whiched to be told of.
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Life in Technicolour - Coldplay
Every single song that Michael Buble has.sung
You need me I don't need you - Sheeran
Many of Horror....
You get rhe idea.c
Reply 66
Original post by YaaahSarah
Please share.. i have constant headache from stress and i can't stop crying!

[video="youtube;Lp1fQ51YZMM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1fQ51YZMM[/video]
Reply 67
Lots of Brooks and Dunn, not many people here will know who they are but I am a big fan :smile:

They have lots of songs for every mood that you may be in, and are incredibly talented musicians.

Worth a listen! I currently have "Neon Moon" playing through my speakers, feel a lot more relaxed! Think I will listen to "Go West" next, maybe someone on here will join me :wink:
Daft Punk's music in Tron Legacy seems to get me through the vast loneliness of revision, even though I don't really like that kind of music
Studying with my flatmate and he's putting on lots of classical stuff like Rachmanimov, which I'm actually finding quite helpful :smile:
Mixture of Karnivool, La Roux and Idlewild at the moment though :biggrin: Got me through about 5-6 hours of Taylor and Maclaurin Series, so seems to be working fine!
Reply 70
Reply 71
Original post by Joeyboy 12
Daft Punk's music in Tron Legacy seems to get me through the vast loneliness of revision, even though I don't really like that kind of music

DAFT PUNK ftw!!!

and its called derezzed
Why's everyone putting that Kelly Clarkson 'Stronger'?
Sure, the chorus is relevant, but she's sorta ruined her image with this pop-rock crap :frown:
Bryan Adams - Here I am (This song puts me in a positive mood for some reason)

Original post by YaaahSarah
Please share.. i have constant headache from stress and i can't stop crying!

Heart of darkness by two steps from hell is absolutely amazing for motivation! It's trailer music or something and I feel like I can conquer the world after listening to it haha

Pirates of the Caribbean he's a pirate has a similar effect

Also Adiemus by Karl Jenkins is so beautiful and inspiring and uplifting!
(edited 11 years ago)
Honestly? I'm ashamed to say haha. Rebecca Ferguson. It's just chilled out and honestly the only music I can listen to in the background apart from classical, and that sends me to sleep!
Reply 76
I don't listen to modern music at all. One song that got me through my exams and motivated me is Talk Talk- Lifes What you Make it. 80's music ftw x]
I find it powerful and motivating, but that's just me.
Nothing wrong with listening to Bob Marley or Reggae music to calm to down when you think you're failing.
But don't sweat it, don't take it too far and sacrifice your mental health in general just for grades, I nearly fell into a state in depression, and trust me, it ain't nice.
Crystallise (Dubstep Violin) - Lindsey Sterling
Time (inception Soundtrack) - Hans Zimmer

There's no lyrics to them so they don't distract you but they're bouncy enough to keep you alert and not sleepy :smile:
It's allllllll about Drake's remix on Marvin's room. Or maybe 'For the first time' by the script. :biggrin: If i didn't have music to listen to while I'm revising I would have either committed suicide or died of boredom.
conner maynard- girls :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending