The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by y.yousef
I will ****ing swear, it's a part of my regional bloody dialect.
Why you telling me to change the way I articulate ma self?

swearing doesnt constitute as part of a regional dialect. or at least not if it is the the usual four letter suspects, or the 2 b words.
Original post by minniiee
swearing doesnt constitute as part of a regional dialect. or at least not if it is the the usual four letter suspects, or the 2 b words.

Oh here we go again!

Who made you chief constable?
Regional dialect is
1. A regional or social variety of a language distinguished by pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary, especially a variety of speech differing from the standard literary language or speech pattern of the culture in which it exists
2. The language peculiar to the members of a group,
3.The manner or style of expressing oneself in language or the arts
4. Dialect usually applies to the vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation characteristic of specific geographic localities or social classes. The vernacular is the informal everyday language spoken by a people. Jargon is specialized language understood only by a particular group, as one sharing an occupation or interest.

It's language that is common to our group, which is what we do. So please stop chatting it every single time, and act like you know everything, you conservative voter.
You piss me off cos you think u know it, when you don't. :angry:
Oh here we go again!

Who made you chief constable?
Regional dialect is
1. A regional or social variety of a language distinguished by pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary, especially a variety of speech differing from the standard literary language or speech pattern of the culture in which it exists
2. The language peculiar to the members of a group,
3.The manner or style of expressing oneself in language or the arts
4. Dialect usually applies to the vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation characteristic of specific geographic localities or social classes. The vernacular is the informal everyday language spoken by a people. Jargon is specialized language understood only by a particular group, as one sharing an occupation or interest.

It's language that is common to our group, which is what we do. So please stop chatting it every single time, and act like you know everything, you conservative voter.
You piss me off cos you think u know it, when you don't. :angry:

i do know this
i study dialects as part of my degree
the entirety of the uk use swear words on an every day basis so it is not regional
also all countries that use english as their native language use the main 4 letter swear words and a few others emphasizing that it is non dialectal

i also dont vote conservative...

and hey at least i answered your earlier question fairly. and im the only person to have bothered.
i do know this
i study dialects as part of my degree
the entirety of the uk use swear words on an every day basis so it is not regional
also all countries that use english as their native language use the main 4 letter swear words and a few others emphasizing that it is non dialectal

i also dont vote conservative...

I study dialects as well.

So bring it bitch. :angry:
I study dialects as well.

So bring it bitch. :angry:

well then you should know that swearing is part of your regional dialect unless you use words that are local to your area.
words such as the f word and the s word are used across all english speaking countries so there for are not dialectal words/markers

also i do not appreciate being called "bitch"
i explain everything to you in a calm non-aggressive manner so there is no need fr you to use profanities aimed at me
well then you should know that swearing is part of your regional dialect unless you use words that are local to your area.
words such as the f word and the s word are used across all english speaking countries so there for are not dialectal words/markers

also i do not appreciate being called "bitch"
i explain everything to you in a calm non-aggressive manner so there is no need fr you to use profanities aimed at me

.......u relly no how to get me blud boiling. :sigh:

aight listen..we're obviously 2 very diffi people init.
You get offended by my pars and i get offendedby yours.
we'regonna hav beef no matter wot.
so i suggest dat we dnt talk to eachother/quote each other, and keep ourselves to ourselves.
safe?
alright lets all calm down here :holmes:
.......u relly no how to get me blud boiling. :sigh:

aight listen..we're obviously 2 very diffi people init.
You get offended by my pars and i get offendedby yours.
we'regonna hav beef no matter wot.
so i suggest dat we dnt talk to eachother/quote each other, and keep ourselves to ourselves.
safe?

well i have no problem with you and have no problem with talking to you as long as you dont call me bitch hahah

but if that is your choice so be it
ur a mod init?
so dus that mean u have the power to place bans for ppl?

:yes:
so if i told ya to ban me right here right now.. cud u do it?

Nope, but if you want a ban, post a request here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=266
Well who said I wanted to ban myself? :erm:

oh i meant to ask that when you said about hwb
because i am a tsr idiot
why would you ban yourself?
and does it just mean that you cant post or what?
im rubbish at these things haha

no one, but pointing in the right direction :yes:
because i am a tsr idiot

What's 'hwb'?

Well basically when you ban yourself, it restricts you from logging in.
So yes you wouldn't be able to post contact, or even veiw.
However you can generally veiw the website.
Most people place their bans in, because this site can be seen as a method of procrastination.
And to get away from that and focus on their work, they ban themselves.
Original post by S-man10
no one, but pointing in the right direction :yes:

What do you mean? :s-smilie:
because i am a tsr idiot

you can request a temporary ban or a perm ban.

temp ban on request are usually for people who feel the need time off from and is too distracting :yes:
What's 'hwb'?

Well basically when you ban yourself, it restricts you from logging in.
So yes you wouldn't be able to post contact, or even veiw.
However you can generally veiw the website.
Most people place their bans in, because this site can be seen as a method of procrastination.
And to get away from that and focus on their work, they ban themselves.

hwb = hollywoodbudgie

Original post by S-man10
you can request a temporary ban or a perm ban.

temp ban on request are usually for people who feel the need time off from and is too distracting :yes:

thaaaanks :smile:
Farewell my beloved RemoitcoMorales. :hello:
I shall miss you dearly, especially those strong manly muscles you had. :sexface:
And your consistent feistyness grrr :colone:
I’ll miss the sweet words in which you said to me behind closed doors. :cry:
‘Baby, you are the kebab in my life, so sleek and tender. I love the strong-mindedness you Italian women have, it turns me on :perv:

Spoiler

I had to leave without saying goodbye to you :cry2:
Okay...who the hell wrote this

'Does that kebab need some more chilli sauce? If so, then why not come in here and I'll add in some salad too.'

It was I.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

y.yousef
So are turkish people classed as asians?

Some are Asian, some are European.

y.yousef
I will ****ing swear, it's a part of my regional bloody dialect.

Tell me, do you think that I type in my local 'dialect'? :sigh:

y.yousef
HollywoodBoogie banned her self

I will quote her and say 'good riddance'.

minniiee
if you're from the east of istanbul you're technically asian

That's not true. Istanbul has an Asian side across the Bosphorus from the European side. On a related note, the Asian side is more residential.

minniiee
if you're from the west of istanbul you're technically european

That's not strictly true either.

If you look at this map:

You will see that many cities such as İzmir, Manisa and even Balıkesir are in Asia, yet they are to 'the west of İstanbul'. So clearly your definition of 'Europe' is not true.

Also, whether one is European or Asian is not strictly defined by where they were born either. Many residents of the European side of İstanbul are ancesterally Asian, yet that has not been taken into account by your definition.

minniee
i guess middle eastern is perhaps the most accurate

'Middle Eastern' is a varying term. A more correct definition of the Turkish people, in this sense, would, for many, be 'Eurasian with Central Asian heritage'.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
It was I.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

Some are Asian, some are European.

Tell me, do you think that I type in my local 'dialect'? :sigh:

I will quote her and say 'good riddance'.

That's not true. Istanbul has an Asian side across the Bosphorus from the European side. On a related note, the Asian side is more residential.

That's not strictly true either.

If you look at this map:

You will see that many cities such as İzmir, Manisa and even Balıkesir are in Asia, yet they are to 'the west of İstanbul'. So clearly your definition of 'Europe' is not true.

Also, whether one is European or Asian is not strictly defined by where they were born either. Many residents of the European side of İstanbul are ancesterally Asian, yet that has not been taken into account by your definition.

'Middle Eastern' is a varying term. A more correct definition of the Turkish people, in this sense, would, for many, be 'Eurasian with Central Asian heritage'.

i was, not very sensibly, counting izmir, manisa etc as the east because they're on the bit of land that stems from the east... i didnt really know how to better explain myself!
but i think birth place can be more important than ancestors in certain cases
i know that istanbul crosses the bosphorus hence i didnt include it
and eurasian doesnt settle it at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending