The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

Jessie J is on in the BCM while I'm in Magaluf, so I guess I'll be watching her, which is cool I think she's quite good!
Original post by Pandabär
Neuer Wall?! Haaa, that's the lovely (if somewhat extortionate) shopping area in 'Mitte'. I worked round the corner from there last summer. I'm an Altona person myself, though.

In Hamburg in the summer you just want to be lazing around the harbour/ Stadtpark in the sun/ coffee in the Schanze, and spending at least one night on the Reeperbahn.

Good to know it's nice and central! Thanks for the advice that sounds awesome, can't wait! And yeah I've already heard about Reeperbahn : awesome:
Reply 122
Seeing my nephews in Poland for a week (work only gave me a week off :frown: ) then doing over time at work and might go for a two day holiday to Brighton ? :biggrin:
i'm having a little seaside getaway in brighton for three days with the boyf, so not going too far, but i can't wait!
Original post by nataliekwong
How comes your summer starts in May?! LUCKY YOU!!
OCD XD

I think I do have a bit of OCD haha :smile: and I'm at university. I finish second year on Thursday (at 12!) and have 2 exams in May (9th and 22nd) Saying that, we're one of the earliest universities to start back - usually around 11th September. I don't really mind going back 'early' though, means I have more Summer off whilst other universities don't start Summer til June and go back in October, meaning they have more of the colder months off aha.
Original post by Jennie027
I think I do have a bit of OCD haha :smile: and I'm at university. I finish second year on Thursday (at 12!) and have 2 exams in May (9th and 22nd) Saying that, we're one of the earliest universities to start back - usually around 11th September. I don't really mind going back 'early' though, means I have more Summer off whilst other universities don't start Summer til June and go back in October, meaning they have more of the colder months off aha.

OCD is kind of good LOL XD

Original post by jellybean_
First off,it's my 18th on July 15 so I will be celebrating that :biggrin: woo!
Then I will be collecting my A-Level results :biggrin: ..wooo!
I will also have to pre-revise (Don't ask,I'm a nerd at times..) for the 2 extra AS levels I need to continue on to full A-Levels in Year 14.

I last went abroad 4 years ago, and won't be going this year either. So expensive :tongue: Me, my boyfriend, brother and mum may be wandering off camping somewhere in Devon for a week. Otherwise, I will be working. I may take up extra hours or a second job to make as much money as I can whilst I have the free time :ahee:

Well Happy Birthday for then!!
Original post by meow444
Nice :biggrin: I went interrailing (with a friend) last summer and it was amazing. You're right to pick Eastern Europe, it was the best bit of our trip. I should really organise to go travelling alone a bit, I think it'd be awesome.

I'm going around Europe in my van this summer. Picking some friends up in Switzerland and then going on to Croatia with them and going sailing. Can't wait!

Then job applications/sorting my life out/finding somewhere to live :frown:

Ooh nice! Where about in the Eastern Europe did you go? :smile: I'm starting off in Krakow (Poland) and working my way down to Bratislava, Budapest, Luibijana, Croatia, ect.
And I think travelling alone is the best way to do it, lots and lots of freedom.. haha!
work, work, work, work, party, work, work, work, party, work, work, away for 5 weeks in the sun :biggrin:
OCD is kind of good LOL XD

True aha :smile:
How comes your summer starts in May?! LUCKY YOU!!
OCD XD

Where are you working - as part of your summer job?

Thats a pretty good wage! >< I WANT TO GO NOW DAMMIT.
LOL, least it wont rain..xD

LOL, my dads a driving examiner>< hes so scary - my dad tells me that by the time i pass my driving test, i'll be driving hovercrafts..
a masters in journalism? what did you do for your degree?

I did my undergrad in history and politics at Warwick, but I want to go into journalism. I know it's not absolutely necessary to have a degree in it, but the course I'm looking at looks very helpful and interesting, and it's more about getting the industry contacts and work placements than anything :smile:
Reply 130
Original post by sophiemay20
Ooh nice! Where about in the Eastern Europe did you go? :smile: I'm starting off in Krakow (Poland) and working my way down to Bratislava, Budapest, Luibijana, Croatia, ect.
And I think travelling alone is the best way to do it, lots and lots of freedom.. haha!

Baaaaaah... No Bucharest? Uncool! :biggrin:

Albania is the destination for this summer for me.
Reply 131
Going to Nizhni Novgorod.
Solo camping/trekking trip across Scanidnavia (Norway --> Sweden --> Finland).
Original post by gee_shakedown
I did my undergrad in history and politics at Warwick, but I want to go into journalism. I know it's not absolutely necessary to have a degree in it, but the course I'm looking at looks very helpful and interesting, and it's more about getting the industry contacts and work placements than anything :smile:

Did you enjoy your history degree?
What did you do during the course? :biggrin:

Original post by Syko
Going to Nizhni Novgorod.

Where abouts is that? xD
Where abouts is that? xD

Nizhny Novgorod is in Russia, a couple of hours away from Moscow.
Original post by tehFrance
Nizhny Novgorod is in Russia, a couple of hours away from Moscow.

Wow, I just googled it xD
Sounds pretty awesome!XD

Well Happy Birthday for then!!

Thanks! :bigsmile:
Fasting, Going to turkey after that's done, playing endless runescape and basketball oh and i might go to a summer school for maths at Cambridge if i get accepted...
Reply 138
Original post by sophiemay20

Ah well I only went to Slovenia and Croatia, but they were awesome (I went to a few Western European countries too but they were nowhere near as much fun/as cool/as cheap!). Ljubljana is such a great city. It's pretty small but I really liked it. If you have time, while you're in Slovenia try and go to Bled, it's a day trip from Ljubljana and it's beautiful.
Have fun :smile:
NEW YORK? Lucky buggers :wink:

- getting my stuff ready for Uni (books, stationary, bus passes etc.)
- Sleeping
- Recovering from my revision-come-slave-labour. :smile:
- My birthday. (18!)

Am so jealous of all you lot going on holiday :'(

Quick Reply

Latest