The Student Room Group

my polish teacher's tie

Hey im doing modern prose, English Literature - sunlight on the grass, my polish teacher's tie.

what does the tie symbolise?
why is Jade an important character?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
i made an account on coursework.info but i couldnt find any essays for my polish teacher's tie.

Thanks anyways :smile:
Hi, i'm doing this too... urm the tie represents how Stefan is too different, his personality too lively for others to comprehend "too wide and much too bright"
I lol'd that you replied to the bot.
Reply 5
The tie is a ****ing tie. /thread
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
I lol'd that you replied to the bot.

I also lol'd
Reply 7
It is not kind to mock a user on their third post.
Actually the essay bot is one of the pleasanter members of TSR
Reply 8
how can your teacher be both polish and tie :smug::colonhash:
Is he a teacher from Poland or does he teach Polish?
Original post by kopite493
how can your teacher be both polish and tie :smug::colonhash:

I see what you did there.
Reply 11
Original post by samiieBaybeii
Hey im doing modern prose, English Literature - sunlight on the grass, my polish teacher's tie.

what does the tie symbolise?
why is Jade an important character?

this should help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKW0z6XwW6Q

:borat:
The tie could represent the strong bond/link between carla and stefan.
Is he a teacher from Poland or does he teach Polish?

Or.... does he teach people how to polish things... like furniture, or shoes?
Phew just finished my english exam. feel so relieaveed. But just 10 more to go :frown:
Reply 15
And i thought this was a thread about teachers and there cool ties :eek:.
My maths teacher wears one with a funny joke,
why can't the other numbers see square root of minus 1, becuase it's an imaginary number :biggrin:
Original post by bahjat93
And i thought this was a thread about teachers and there cool ties :eek:.
My maths teacher wears one with a funny joke,
why can't the other numbers see square root of minus 1, becuase it's an imaginary number :biggrin:

... I think we have very different definitions of 'funny'.
Reply 17

I thought it was funny :biggrin:. I'm pretty science and maths based though, so my sense of humour is a bit different
Reply 18

Yeah that joke was ****
The tie is used to represent the views, personality and attitude of the characters. For example, the tie is described to be " wider than normal ties, and it was red with bold green squiggles on it". This goes to illustrate how his tie is not a regular or ordinary tie, in fact its a tie which grabs alot of attention which could be the writer Helen Dunmore's strategy. As due to the uncommonness of the tie, this tests and presents the true characteristics and personality of the characters, to see how they react and base their opinions on the tie.
Helen Dunmore uses this idea to display the difference in characters of Carla and Valerie in a way that it is seen to be visible to the readers.Valerie Kenward a loud and strong minded character who is seen to be a dramatic and hypocritical character as after complaining about the buns in the canteen saying "we ought to get our money back", but still took one. is compared to carla, a mother who has lost her cultural identity and persona through ther lack of confidence. Both Carla and Valerie are two complete characters as they view the tie in two complete different manners. Valerie see's steve as a strange character who "dosent mean to be funny but they cant keep a straight face" and her opinion on his ties she says "you've never seen anything like them" slyly mentioning it in a rude way. whereas Carla views it in a positive manner by mentioning how " his face looked much too open,much too alive". Also, the tie has such a significance as the writer ends the story with "i like your tie". this short sentence emphasizes on a variety of meanings. Which could mark the beginning of a strong friendship,companionship, love and confidence within both characters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending