The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fudgesundae
Because they are worried that someone else will trade up to one of those picks to pick him. Round 2 is a day later so there is a long time for another team to trade to the top of the round.

Maybe, but who would trade up? Below the Browns are the Bucs (Josh Freeman), Rams (Sam Bradford), Jaguars (Blaine Gabbert - possible), Panthers (Cam Newton)... I think the only one that would be likely to happen would be the Jaguars, and I suspect they may well give Gabbert a chance by drafting OL and receivers.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/26/patriots-interested-in-trading-up-to-seahawks-no-12-pick/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Patriots have enquired about the number 12 pick.

Do they want Barron? Or maybe Chandler Jones?

Original post by Blaah Blaah
Does the draft start at 11 or 12 here?

Hoping the Browns get Weeden at 37, seems others think he's more late-2nd so hoping he's still there, or we trade up for him if need be.

Pretty sure it starts at 1am, 8PM eastern.

Original post by OxfordGoBrach
I could see us (Dolphins) taking Tannehill given the need for a QB in the long term, but I feel more strongly that for some reason we'll avoid him at 8 or trade down...

Also can see the Bucs going for Trent Richardson rather than Claiborne, if the Browns don't get him. He'd really help Freeman out, taking the pressure off.

Just a couple of hunches really. I'm so looking forward to this. I love the draft. It's so hard to predict all this with all the trades. It'll be interesting too to see who will slide - probably someone whose stock rose from the combine I imagine.

Been hearing the Bucs could trade with the Vikings for the number 3 so they can get Richardson, then the Vikings trade with the Bills at 10. Browns pick Blackmon at 4 then Bills get Kalil.
Original post by mobius323
Maybe, but who would trade up? Below the Browns are the Bucs (Josh Freeman), Rams (Sam Bradford), Jaguars (Blaine Gabbert - possible), Panthers (Cam Newton)... I think the only one that would be likely to happen would be the Jaguars, and I suspect they may well give Gabbert a chance by drafting OL and receivers.

idk Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Cardinals could trade to a high 2nd round to get him? If they think he is genuinely their QB for the future they don't wanna risk it. Plus him and Blackmon reunited would be awesome.
idk Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Cardinals could trade to a high 2nd round to get him? If they think he is genuinely their QB for the future they don't wanna risk it. Plus him and Blackmon reunited would be awesome.

Sweet jesus the Patriots trading up?!? What in the world is this. I hope they dont use it on Barron though something to me just has him flopping
Original post by johnharris19944
Sweet jesus the Patriots trading up?!? What in the world is this. I hope they dont use it on Barron though something to me just has him flopping

I know weird. Probably Belichick trying to throw people off or something.

Really though? Thought Barron was one of the safest picks in the draft.

I dunno i dont know how well he does in man to man and lacks elite speed also has Durability concerns as well as scouts saying he will struggle to change direction quickly. I just don't think he will be worth it.
Reply 3986
Here's my Mock, first one I've ever bothered to do. Feel free to mock.. yeah that's weak I know.

1. Colts - Andrew Luck
2. Redskins - RG3
3. Vikings - Kalil
4. Browns - Richardson
5. Bucs - Claiborne
6 Rams - Blackmon
7 Jaguars - Fletcher Cox
8 Dolphins - Tannehill
9. Panthers - Melvin Ingram
10. Bills - Mark Barron
11 Chiefs - Luke Kuechly
12 Seahawks - Riley Reiff
13 Cardinals - Michael Floyd
14 Cowboys - Stephen Gilmore
15 Eagles - Jonathan Martin
16 Jets - Courtney Upshaw
17 Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick
18 San Diego Chargers - Chandler Jones
19 Chicago Bears - David DeCastro
20 Titans - Dontari Poe
21 Bengals - Quinton Coples
22 Browns - Kendall Wright
23 Lions - Janoris Jenkins
24 Steelers - Donta Hightower
25 Broncos - Doug Martin
26 Texans - Michael Brockers
27 Patriots - Whitney Mercilus
28 Green Bay Packers - Shea McClellin
29 Baltimore Ravens - Cordy Glenn
30 San Francisco 49ers - Coby Fleener
31 New England Patriots - Harrison Smith
32 New York Giants - Peter Konz

I know I've got two right :wink:

He is considered safe, yes. The impression I've got from NFL Network is that him, Kalil, Claibourne, Kuechley and Cox are the safest picks in the whole draft.
Pretty sure it starts at 1am, 8PM eastern.

Ah cheers. I saw 6PM Eastern somewhere, must've been the start of coverage.
Browns and Vikings have traded picks...
Original post by Blaah Blaah
Ah cheers. I saw 6PM Eastern somewhere, must've been the start of coverage.

think coverage starts at 12:30 on NFL.com
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Browns and Vikings have traded picks...

Surely they want richardson then? didn't want the Bucs to trade above them?
4th, 5th and a 7th to move up 1 place and SECURE DAT WEEDEN BOY YEEEEEEEEAH
Surely they want richardson then? didn't want the Bucs to trade above them?

Yeah, exactly. Him or possibly Blackmon? They were linked with Tannehill for a while, but him drafted that high seems too hard to believe for me, yeah. Though I guess it could be a lot of players, teams that draft that high have a lot of holes anyway. We shall see.
Has the stream on NFL.com started yet? When I go there it keeps telling me to buy game pass?
Because of this trade, I'm going to say my Rams are missing out on Blackmon :frown: However, we could still get Kalil which would be huge.
Reply 3996
Don't think so mate, Cleveland moved up to 3, ruined all the mocks haha, Trent Richardson, come on down. Minn managed to get a 4,5 and a 7. Great for them

Missed all the above posts *facepalm*
(edited 11 years ago)
anyone have a good stream?
:colondollar:
Original post by Ben_S
Don't think so mate, Cleveland moved up to 3, ruined all the mocks haha, Trent Richardson, come on down. Minn managed to get a 4,5 and a 7. Great for them

Missed all the above posts *facepalm*

Surely if the Browns wanted Richardson, they could have stayed where they were. Why would the Vikings take Richardson when they have Peterson?

Ah, just realised, didn't want Bucs to trade above them :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
anyone have a good stream?

Google "stream nfl network", first link, firstrowsports one. No lag whatsoever.

Latest