The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veegrrl
I received my offer today for the same course. :smile:

So have you applied for accommodation? The application link doesn't seem to be working right now.

Hi there,
It's working now. It seemed to undergo an upgrade or something. I just completed my application today.
Reply 801
Original post by Hovgoro
Hello. I got an offer from UCL on February for the program IMESS (International Masters in Economy State and Society: Economics and Business). Although the deadline for the scholarships is 27th of April I wrote several times to UCL administration as well as the main department of mine, wondering if there are any changes in my scholarship status, however I got no answer:frown:. I am eager to know, if scholarships are given only after deadlines, or that can be also done before it?
And one more question. Does there any place in PORTICO where the one can check the scholarship status?

Hey congratulations! I have applied for the same course along with the category A scholarship application...but I completed my application form in the first week of April. I have a query-Exactly when did you apply to IMESS and precisely how many days after the application did you receive your offer? I ask to get a fairer idea of the same. Good Luck with the scholarship application :smile:. The scholarship result will be out in May.
Reply 802
Original post by bhax
Hey congratulations! I have applied for the same course along with the category A scholarship application...but I completed my application form in the first week of April. I have a query-Exactly when did you apply to IMESS and precisely how many days after the application did you receive your offer? I ask to get a fairer idea of the same. Good Luck with the scholarship application :smile:. The scholarship result will be out in May.

Thanks. I have applied for the program in the mid of January and get the offer after 3-4 weeks. Good luck with the offer)
I've applied for the MSc Security Studies program. Fingers crossed. UCL is one of my dream schools! Hopefully they make a decision quickly.
Reply 804
Have applied to UCL but currently living in Berlin and just found out that uno here is free! may have to rethink my plans.:confused:
Reply 805
Original post by veegrrl
I received my offer today for the same course. :smile:

So have you applied for accommodation? The application link doesn't seem to be working right now.

hey thats great :smile: yes i made application for accomodation, it is ok right now i also made it today :smile:
Original post by Spairos
I have been offered places by 9 universities (Imperial, LSE, Warwick, UCL, Lancaster, Nottingham, Leeds, Essex, Sheffield) and have been waiting for answers from Oxbridge, thus I have to chose the one that it's course is ranked the highest among others and the one that offers me the highest scholarship. Right now this is Warwick. I am able to afford the costs of other unis as well, but I just don't think it will be wise to spend +13K GBP.
However I felt sad to turn down UCL's scholarship because I knew that they offer it only to 2 individuals and I was honoured.

I am glad to hear that you have to decline your offer for a very positive reason! :wink:
Saw that you also got into Oxford, I might see you there! xx
Reply 807
Hello all, accepted an offer for the MSc Security Studies program. Anyone else here in the program yet?
Original post by Akmoler
Hello all, accepted an offer for the MSc Security Studies program. Anyone else here in the program yet?

I applied to the same program and am sitting on my hands waiting for their decision. When did you apply and how long did it take to receive your offer?

And congratulations!
Reply 809
Original post by GabrielleT
I am glad to hear that you have to decline your offer for a very positive reason! :wink:
Saw that you also got into Oxford, I might see you there! xx

Indeed, thanks!

So might see you there, who knows :wink:
Reply 810
MSc Computer Sc
Date applied - 15/03
Unsuccessful

Can't believe it, met all the requirements easily. Something must have gone wrong.

Have asked for feedback, quite sure they ll send me the standard email.

Only uni I applied to :frown:
Reply 811
Original post by udayrulz
MSc Computer Sc
Date applied - 15/03
Unsuccessful

Can't believe it, met all the requirements easily. Something must have gone wrong.

Have asked for feedback, quite sure they ll send me the standard email.

Only uni I applied to :frown:

that 's so sad... but if you hear back from them and find out what went wrong, isn't there time to apply somewhere else???
Reply 812
Original post by cmk
that 's so sad... but if you hear back from them and find out what went wrong, isn't there time to apply somewhere else???

Going to apply at Imperial and City Uni this weekend. I didn't apply to Imperial because I was sure that UCL's requirements was a much better match to my profile. Oh well no harm in giving it a go. :smile:

I am not that concerned as I am already doing an IT internship here in London :colondollar:
Reply 813
Original post by udayrulz
Going to apply at Imperial and City Uni this weekend. I didn't apply to Imperial because I was sure that UCL's requirements was a much better match to my profile. Oh well no harm in giving it a go. :smile:

I am not that concerned as I am already doing an IT internship here in London :colondollar:

good luck!!!!!!
Reply 814
Original post by cmk
good luck!!!!!!

Cheers, you are very kind.
Reply 815
Original post by Hovgoro
Thanks. I have applied for the program in the mid of January and get the offer after 3-4 weeks. Good luck with the offer)

Hello!
I applied for the same programme, but my second year country is Russia.
Where did you apply?

I waited much longer for an offer.
Did they write you need a 2:1 in the offer letter?
Reply 816
Original post by bhax

I applied for the category B (EU and UK students) and enquired about scholarships. They told me they received hundreds of applications for scholarship this year, but they only have 8 to offer (4 for category A and 4 for category B).
What track and country have you applied for?
I applied for Moscow, and want to do the Nation one.
Reply 817
Hey guys I have an informal telephone interview coming up for 'Msc. Wireless and Optical Communications', any advice on the kind of questions I should expect?

I already got accepted for an Msc in Telecoms, so I was a bit surprised when I was told that I have an interview for the other.

Edit: Interview was ok. Was told that I would be recommended and should hear from the college in about 4 weeks. If anyone needs some advice feel free to email/pm me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 818
hello,
so who applied and for what track? What is the country to wish to go to in the second year?
Me: Nation, State and Society, at HSE, Moscow.
Reply 819
I applied to the Politics and Security track
Language-Russian
HSE, Moscow here too :smile:

I think I read your comment only which said 4 scholarships for category A and B respectively...it is too less...So I don't really think that I stand a chance.

Anyway...Good luck! keep me posted about the developments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending