The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
Google "stream nfl network", first link, firstrowsports one. No lag whatsoever.

Amazing the Browns traded up. Can only have been to prevent someone else beating them to it. Great deal for Minnesota, unless someone lower down in the first would have offered a second.
Richardson it is at 3.
F**king Jacksonville traded up above the Rams to get Blackmon. I honestly have no idea who we're going to select now.
Loving the trades - makes it interesting, there's a log jam here. Teams already know who they want. Kind of hope the Phins trade down but feel more and more that they won't. They could get Tannehill lower than 8 if they want him though...
F**king Jacksonville traded up above the Rams to get Blackmon. I honestly have no idea who we're going to select now.

So glad Jags have done that. As good as Melvin Ingram is we need someone at WR. One of Gabbert's many problems last year was the lack of a competent receiver.

Rams have traded down to #14 now.
Original post by TheMagicRat
So glad Jags have done that. As good as Melvin Ingram is we need someone at WR. One of Gabbert's many problems last year was the lack of a competent receiver.

Rams have traded down to #14 now.

Just seen. Hope Snead knows what he's doing, could have really done with Claibourne.
Reply 4007
Original post by Ben_S
Here's my Mock, first one I've ever bothered to do. Feel free to mock.. yeah that's weak I know.

1. Colts - Andrew Luck
2. Redskins - RG3
3. Vikings - Kalil
4. Browns - Richardson
5. Bucs - Claiborne
6 Rams - Blackmon
7 Jaguars - Fletcher Cox
8 Dolphins - Tannehill
9. Panthers - Melvin Ingram
10. Bills - Mark Barron
11 Chiefs - Luke Kuechly
12 Seahawks - Riley Reiff
13 Cardinals - Michael Floyd
14 Cowboys - Stephen Gilmore
15 Eagles - Jonathan Martin
16 Jets - Courtney Upshaw
17 Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick
18 San Diego Chargers - Chandler Jones
19 Chicago Bears - David DeCastro
20 Titans - Dontari Poe
21 Bengals - Quinton Coples
22 Browns - Kendall Wright
23 Lions - Janoris Jenkins
24 Steelers - Donta Hightower
25 Broncos - Doug Martin
26 Texans - Michael Brockers
27 Patriots - Whitney Mercilus
28 Green Bay Packers - Shea McClellin
29 Baltimore Ravens - Cordy Glenn
30 San Francisco 49ers - Coby Fleener
31 New England Patriots - Harrison Smith
32 New York Giants - Peter Konz

I know I've got two right :wink:

i know obviously we're 7 picks in now so it's beginning to fall apart, but I'll tell you right now there's absolutely no way my seahawks will take Reiff at 12, we drafted a RT in the first round last year and a LT the year before. Even if they DO move Carpenter to LG (as has been suggested, I don't expect it though) it'll be to accomodate Giacomini at RT rather than to draft someone. If we DO draft on the OL it'll be DeCastro and nobody else, as LG as the biggest need on the line.

Thought I'd get it in there just now anyway...
Tannehill to Phins. He could be great, but he's for the future. Moore and Garrard will win a small number of games next year, but they're serviceable when there to help mentor Tannehill. It could work if the coaching staff stays like it is now. Tom Brady retiring would be nice though haha.
Chandler Jones a possibility for Rams? :sogood:
^ Michael Brockers

Seattle's pick was a surprise especially with all those other pass rushers available, hadn't heard so much about Bruce Irvin...
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
^ Michael Brockers

Seattle's pick was a surprise especially with all those other pass rushers available, hadn't heard so much about Bruce Irvin...

Yeah, solid pick. Happy with that. Definitely improved our already decent D-line.

Irvin's a first round talent easily but has so many character issues and off the field incidents, he was expected to go mid-late 2nd round. Huge shock considering Seahawks generally don't take guys like that normally.
wow Pats traded up twice

nice picks Chandler Jones and Hightower but we now only have 2 more picks.

edit: just saw Browns took Weeden at 22, they must think he is the real deal. Possibly going to try and get a WR in the 2nd. Stephen Hill still on the board.

49ers with a surprise pick and Indy will probably get Fleener at 33.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ballsy drafting by the Browns. I trust Holmgren's talent evaluation; if he decided Richardson and Weeden were our men, I'm glad he did what was necessary to get them.
Reply 4014
Hightower and Chandler Jones now i am pretty darn happy with those picks as a pats fan.
Wow. The St Louis fanbase is not happy with the Brockers pick. So many posts on their facebook page saying they've messed up another draft and that they're going to start boycotting games. Absolutely ridiculous. Snead and Fisher are the professionals here, not some fans sitting behind a computer screen.
After seeing what happens, I reckon the Pats may try to trade up from 62 to get Upshaw, then pick Janoris Jenkins with 48. That would be an unbelievable 4 players for the Pats. Upshaw may actually last to 47 at the Jets so we may not need to trade up that much.

I don't think we can miss out on the potential to get Upshaw. He could be extremely effective for us and would be a steal in the 2nd round.

Original post by Blaah Blaah
Ballsy drafting by the Browns. I trust Holmgren's talent evaluation; if he decided Richardson and Weeden were our men, I'm glad he did what was necessary to get them.

Think a WR is next for them then? Rueben Randle and Stephen Hill are still left I think.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow. The St Louis fanbase is not happy with the Brockers pick. So many posts on their facebook page saying they've messed up another draft and that they're going to start boycotting games. Absolutely ridiculous. Snead and Fisher are the professionals here, not some fans sitting behind a computer screen.

This is quite a good read - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rams-get-their-man-michael-brockers--ndash--after-their-first-two-choices-were-drafted.html#more-id

Apparently the Rams wanted Richardson or if he was gone, Blackmon. They weren't to high on Claiborne.

They also now have 3 of the next 13 picks, still good players left.
Original post by fudgesundae
After seeing what happens, I reckon the Pats may try to trade up from 62 to get Upshaw, then pick Janoris Jenkins with 48. That would be an unbelievable 4 players for the Pats. Upshaw may actually last to 47 at the Jets so we may not need to trade up that much.

I don't think we can miss out on the potential to get Upshaw. He could be extremely effective for us and would be a steal in the 2nd round.

Think a WR is next for them then? Rueben Randle and Stephen Hill are still left I think.

Really you think Upshaw may last all the way? Can i ask why not debating just wanting to know haha. Pats need to go get Janoris Jenkins but it looks like there are a few interested teams now in him, i hope not Bill is the man to get Jenkins in line.
Original post by fudgesundae
This is quite a good read - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--rams-get-their-man-michael-brockers--ndash--after-their-first-two-choices-were-drafted.html#more-id

Apparently the Rams wanted Richardson or if he was gone, Blackmon. They weren't to high on Claiborne.

They also now have 3 of the next 13 picks, still good players left.

Yeah, read that, interesting to see how it all works.

Ideal situation would be Cordy Glenn, Rueben Randle/Stephen Hill and Zach Brown/Lavonte David. Would fill a fair amount of our needs and all would probably start for us.

Latest