The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by thatg
The store I work at was top of the region & the region was top of the company for the year. Do we get a bigger bonus for this?

Original post by jjgoth
No. Unless they agree to make a special seperate bonus to take it into account you'll just get the standard colleague bonus.

Store management will probably do quite nicely out of it though :tongue:
Reply 1261
Your store manager will take home up to 20% of his salary - and for a store manager I know, that equates to £24,000 - if all targets are met, your deputy will take home up to 10% and your team leaders will take home up to 3% [like colleagues].

Most convenience store managers should expect to clear £6-£7k, providing their KPI's have been met; most main chain store managers should expect to clear £10-11k, providing their KPI's have been met.
Hey,

Has anyone else had problems with the online recruitment process?

It seems very complicated and keeps insisting that I change my password, but won't actually let me change it, arrrrrrrghhhh!!!!!!!
Reply 1263
I have my induction this monday coming and i begin work on thursday

does anyone have a good estimate as to when my first payday will be ?

:smile: thanks
Reply 1264
Original post by cgvince
I have my induction this monday coming and i begin work on thursday

does anyone have a good estimate as to when my first payday will be ?

:smile: thanks

18th may i believe
Reply 1265
Yep, next pay day is 18th May
Couple of questions about the bonus:
Do we get the bonus next payday?
If your contracted hours went up during the year do you get the same bonus as someone who's done those hours all year, or do they work it out exactly?
Do we pay tax on it?
Reply 1267
Original post by DarkMagic
Couple of questions about the bonus:
Do we get the bonus next payday?
If your contracted hours went up during the year do you get the same bonus as someone who's done those hours all year, or do they work it out exactly?
Do we pay tax on it?

Last year it was with the period 2 paycheck so I guess it'd be the same this year.
I think it's calculated on your contractual pay at the end of period 2.
Yes, it's taxable (and NI-able) but not pensionable.
Reply 1268
I've had 6 absences in this rolling year, all genuine I must add.

Last night on FB i posted - "back to work to face the music tomorrow, you're not allowed to be ill if you work at a supermarket"

During my return to work interview my manager said are you aware 'sainsburys' track facebook... She knew what had been said and I dont have her or any managers as friends only supervisors. My profile is all private so basically one of my work 'friends' has told her?

Anyone else experienced this?
So what is the policy of reducing items for colleagues? I know that some colleagues like to stash reduced in the back then get the code checker to reduce them to second red prices or lower later on. Is this frowned upon?
Reply 1270
Original post by Negotiator
So what is the policy of reducing items for colleagues? I know that some colleagues like to stash reduced in the back then get the code checker to reduce them to second red prices or lower later on. Is this frowned upon?

Yes.
Reply 1271
Original post by Clare7

Last night on FB i posted - "back to work to face the music tomorrow, you're not allowed to be ill if you work at a supermarket"

During my return to work interview my manager said are you aware 'sainsburys' track facebook... She knew what had been said and I dont have her or any managers as friends only supervisors. My profile is all private so basically one of my work 'friends' has told her?

If you have any supervisors/Team Leaders on Facebook, you're taking a big risk putting anything work-related on there. If they are making a career out of working at Sainsburys, most of them are going to do what they should do and report you. It's considered gross misconduct to speak negatively against the company on FB and therefore can lead to losing your job on your first offence (whether you like it or not). Just keep work off Facebook tbh.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1272
Original post by Negotiator

It is gross misconduct and you can lose your job over it - yes, its that serious.

You're also not allowed - technically - to buy any product you've reduced. Unless its countersigned by the manager of the day.
Original post by bubelah
It is gross misconduct and you can lose your job over it - yes, its that serious.

You're also not allowed - technically - to buy any product you've reduced. Unless its countersigned by the manager of the day.

Try telling that to the people in my store that do the final reductions, even the managers are in on it. Everyone takes stuff from it for their breaks. There is one woman that leaves a stash in the fresh chiller and takes it home with her.
Reply 1274
What is the best way to look out for fake notes? There have been quite a few at my store. Was told that a money tester pen isn't the most effective way
Reply 1275
Original post by Clare7

should have said you don't give permission to sainsburys to eavesdrop on your facebook, look where phone tapping got news of the world :wink:
Reply 1276
Original post by RJ100
What is the best way to look out for fake notes? There have been quite a few at my store. Was told that a money tester pen isn't the most effective way

There should some little booklets available instore, I was never given one but found some when I was trained in the kiosk.

It shows you how to check bank notes, found an online version here http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Documents/kyb_lo_res.pdf
Reply 1277
Original post by xangelinax
Try telling that to the people in my store that do the final reductions, even the managers are in on it. Everyone takes stuff from it for their breaks. There is one woman that leaves a stash in the fresh chiller and takes it home with her.

Well be that as it may, its a question of conduct - and you can lose your job over it.

What does everyone do with their Pride Walls? I'm trying to think of ways to make my Pride Wall look...pretty?
Say if I reduce a load of sandwiches to the price displayed and set by the handset. So at lunch time am I not allowed to purchase one of these sandwiches?

Original post by bubelah

Original post by bubelah
The whole thing consists of...

- A DVD test, in which you're asked to answer questions, based on what's acted out on screen

- A role play: a band 5S store manager will be the disgruntled colleague, that you have to sort out [mine involved a trainee store manager that acted the part of a colleague that's always late, and has hygiene issues]

- A 1-2-1 interview

Then you get 12 weeks of hard training, before being given sign off date [less time if you're good - I was signed off inside of 9 weeks, and I know someone that was signed off inside of 7 weeks].

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. I did get offered the job, so now the fun learning shall begin! :smile: However how awful is that DVD test - what cheesy acting and questions that hold little relevance to everyday scenarios!

Thanks Again

Latest

Trending

Trending