This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nut.
They'd never catch me, I'll disappear into the ether :banana:

Yes dear.

Can I come disappear with you?
so the mirtazapine works pretty well, slept for 15 of the last 24 hours :eek: now awake and making myself a curry :smile:

also, wtf is it with the dreams im having, vivid and weird doesn't even begin to cover it :/ sufficed to say the one I just had has creeped me out somewhat!

hope all the brilliant people here are doing well? :h:
Reply 8902
Original post by laut_biru
Yes dear.

Can I come disappear with you?

But of course!
Original post by Anonymous
so the mirtazapine works pretty well, slept for 15 of the last 24 hours :eek: now awake and making myself a curry :smile:

also, wtf is it with the dreams im having, vivid and weird doesn't even begin to cover it :/ sufficed to say the one I just had has creeped me out somewhat!

this is me btw, silly anon button! :colondollar:
Original post by Nut.
But of course!

Can be really annoying and ask you to be on skype? I wanna chat about something with you, and PM's get so damned tiresome.
Original post by Meaty_man
You know, i wish i could cry, it's a way of releasing all your emotions that are bottled up, but i can't anymore, and because of it i feel like some kind of empty shell. Theres no harm in crying, but it obviously indicates you aren't feeling well.

Don't worry too much if you don't get voted in as a rep. I tried running for treasurer last year for one of our societies (so kinda similar in some respects), and though i was there much longer than the other person running for the position, knew a lot of the people in the society and had helped out the society with a bunch of things, i lost. I think partly because i was up against a girl.

Sadly, when it comes to being voted for something its mostly a popularity contest, so the extroverts tend to win. If you do get voted in gratz, but if you dont, you won't have the stress that comes with it :smile:

Its funny that being a genuinely good student/pupil brings so much hatred from peers, even at higher education. People will always see the bad before they see the good in someone, and assume the worst rather than the best...and then there's jealously. Theres lots explanations for why people may look down on you, but none of them are valid. Stand tall, keep being awesome, and eventually you'll see that people are using your standards as a goal to aim for, which is something to be proud of. That said, take that with humility when it happens.

The sleeping with the friend thing is kind of natural, to seek comfort in someone you know. Personally, i think the fact you have someone you can have sex with whenever should give you some confidence in your looks and personality, but i'm biased since i havent been with someone for over 3 years.

You'll get over him eventually, i know that sounds cliche but its true, from personal experiance. It's just the time it takes can last a while and be painful.

I would mention this depression to a GP if you haven't already, depression and anxiety problems are a common thing they deal with, and they deal with it all professionally, they can give you more options. As for your counsellor, mention as much as you can; the more you tell them the more they can help. Its like with anything, the more information you are given the more you can work out to fix things.

As for the friends thing, theres always us peeps on here ready to chat :hugs:

:hugs: Thanks, man.

I already have a GP (on medication at the moment - thinking I might need to go back and get the dose increased). I might go. Might not. Might go and see the counsellor too (for the first time since November :ahee:)
Original post by Nut.
That's the interesting thing - my new CPN up here really wasn't happy with the meds that I've been on in the past and currently, and promised me that "their psychiatrist could do a better job", then when I actually met with this psychiatrist (with the CPN present) she decided to just keep me on the same meds because "they're working".

I think in reality she thinks I've got BPD (wrong) so she's reluctant to medicate the 'bipolar'.
I'm left here wondering exactly how many depressive, manic and mixed episodes I need to have for them to stop thinking ":zomg: childhood abuse = BPD and never anything else".

Maybe we should all take turns to follow bad psychiatrists around so they know how paranoia feels :colone:

Ah yes another person for whom they jump to the BPD conclusion. I know all about that one. You could always ask for a second opinion?

Oh man...I want to do that so badly. I'll hide in the bushes outside their house and take photos of them getting dressed in the morning. :evil:

Sounds pretty normal for mirtazapine, I had the exact same symptoms. The dreams are kind of fun in a way until they get scary then they're scary as ****. Should wear off after a little bit though.
:hugs: Thanks, man.

I already have a GP (on medication at the moment - thinking I might need to go back and get the dose increased). I might go. Might not. Might go and see the counsellor too (for the first time since November :ahee:)

Do both, wont do any harm :P I don't think they care when u last saw them tbf, they'll just be doing their job.

The way i see it, give it a few years and we'll all be paying a lot of our money to the state. Problem is, theres these ***** out there that sit on their arses all day smoking, drinking, stealing, breaking stuff and intimidating others, and my money will go to HELP some of them...something im not happy with.

So ok government, if you're gonna be like that, im milking the **** out of you.

Yeah, I had the same. Such weird dreams :/ on the bright side, I swear it's bringing creativity out, which for a(n amateur) musician/music scholar is awesome.
Original post by Libris Dedita
Yeah, I had the same. Such weird dreams :/ on the bright side, I swear it's bringing creativity out, which for a(n amateur) musician/music scholar is awesome.

A lot of drugs can activate more of your brain, bring out creativity and help to solve problems in a similar way. Shame those drugs are illegal .__.
I am having the Samaritans contact me soon, but honestly I'm fine.

Was having one of them moments.

oh I understand, please keep your self safe. did they call back and are you feeling a bit better now :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth

Sounds pretty normal for mirtazapine, I had the exact same symptoms. The dreams are kind of fun in a way until they get scary then they're scary as ****. Should wear off after a little bit though.

well, not scary yet, lol, just really really strange :eek:

Original post by Libris Dedita

ah, cool :smile: good luck with your music! if I had anything to be creative about it might help me lol, but I don't really do much atm :/

also :woo: remembered not to anon my post for once!
For anyone who is having problems with Anon

I have made a greasemonkey script which unchecks the box for you automatically if it is checked by default on page load. Shouldn't affect your ability to post anon, and you have the option of it working TSR wide or just on dep soc.

To install, install greasemonkey for firefox. Chrome automatically has support.

Then, for dep soc only de-auto-anon install this script or for TSR-Wide install this script.

Let me know if you have any problems ^_^
Reply 8913
Good time? Hahahaaa. It's been crap :tongue:
:hugs:

Fair enough :tongue:. I admit I don't know the politics behind having sex with a best friend :redface: :colondollar: :biggrin: (one of the zillion consequences of never having a social life :tongue: :mad:). I'd be very happy if someone could help me out with it :colondollar: :tongue: :biggrin:.
Those people in the class are probably just jealous about you being really good and :awesome: :hugs: Don't worry about crying too much :smile:. Personally I feel better after crying for a bit.
And please don't pull your hair :jumphug:
Original post by kahinalouise
oh I understand, please keep your self safe. did they call back and are you feeling a bit better now :hugs:

Yeah they did but it wasn't overly helpful :frown: and I feel up and down tbh :erm:
A lot of drugs can activate more of your brain, bring out creativity and help to solve problems in a similar way. Shame those drugs are illegal .__.

psilocybin mushrooms :gah:

If I had my way they'd be legal, along with cannabis.
Original post by Alofleicester
psilocybin mushrooms :gah:

If I had my way they'd be legal, along with cannabis.

and MDMA :tongue:
and MDMA :tongue:

And LSD - hell I'd probably legalise everything.
Hey guys this is an emergency. I'm in a lot of trouble and have to leave my house tonight, like really soon. Any idea where I can stay, otherwise I'll have to stay on the streets?
Original post by Alofleicester
And LSD - hell I'd probably legalise everything.

As with anything, the problem lies in how people use it, not the actual thing itself. People are so quick to blame something that isn't themselves, and typical of the government to take the easy way out instead of fixing the problem properly.

- Fire, pretty good for keeping you warm and looks pretty, can be used to burn things.
- Knives, can be used to cut things....including people
- Anything heavy that can be held...can be used to bludgeon people to death.
- Your hands....can be used to punch and strangle people...

By this logic why are we allowed to still have our hands when they have killing potential? Its effing stupid.

I'll end this rant here before the thread derails.

On a side note, this is how i'm feeling right now about life, and made even worse by deadlines on monday and wednesday.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/22/

Original post by ViceVersa
Hey guys this is an emergency. I'm in a lot of trouble and have to leave my house tonight, like really soon. Any idea where I can stay, otherwise I'll have to stay on the streets?

Where is your house VV? I fear im too far away to offer any help :\
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest