The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Solent 2012 Applicant's Thread

It appears that Solent doesn't have a 2012 applicant thread so I guess I'll start one off :biggrin:

Post your course/subject, decisions etc.
I will try to keep this thread updated as much as possible :smile:

Multi-media Journalism - Meerkaatt
Football Studies with business - Trilla
Music Journalism - Chich1994
Fashion and photography - OliviaVW
Magazine Journalism and Feature Writing - Emmarrella
Writing in Fashion and Culture - FayeOlivia
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Multi-media Journalism, need just 240 tarriff points and have an interview this Saturday. :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Anyone recieved an interview for a tourism/buisness related course ?

still no reply :/
Reply 3
Football Studies with Business, (laugh away) but I have a definite employment prospect after its completed..

Just sent off my ucas, im already thinking of what halls to stay in, im reading through old topics now
Reply 4
Popular Music Journalism, interview tomorrow :smile:
Reply 5
I have a conditional there for Fashion with Photography, it seemed really nice there :smile:
Reply 6
Magazine Journalism and Feature Writing. Had the taster day interview yesterday, really hoping I get an offer!
Reply 7
I've applied for Writing in Fashion and Culture. I've got an interview on the 25th Feb... so scared! Does anyone know what the interview process is like for any of the courses :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Faye olivia
I've applied for Writing in Fashion and Culture. I've got an interview on the 25th Feb... so scared! Does anyone know what the interview process is like for any of the courses :smile:

My taster day interview for Magazine Journalism and Feature Writing was quite easygoing. They'd set up a front page of their student newspaper and in the text box we had to write about 270 words 'selling' ourselves to the course leader who is really nice! And the interview part consisted of either the course leader or in our session the head of all the journalism courses coming round one by one and just chatting to you about your ambitions, why you've applied etc.
Don't know if it will be exactly the same for your course but hope that helps!
Reply 9
Original post by Faye olivia

For mine it was supposed to be at 3pm, but everyone (12 of us) had the same time so they interviewed alphabetically, and I'm a W so I wasn't impressed by that :') The last 6 on the list had a campus tour, and then came back later to be interviewed. The interview was ****ty, pretty much got interrogated, and the guy seemed very disinterested and didn't ask much about my portfolio. They seemed more interested in what you knew about the industry/who inspires you etc. I got out at 5.30. It took me 3 hours to get home and I was feeling pretty negative about it, but I woke up to a really low conditional offer :biggrin:

They didn't seem that organised, and I don't know if you'll have the same guy (he was the fashion leader or something) but if they act like they don't care, don't let it put you down! Also at your interview you should definitely speak to other applicants, it really helped calm us all down :smile: Good luck, you'll be fine!
Reply 10
How long did it take you to get an offer after the interview? :smile:
Scratch that, just saw you got one the day after hahah!
Hoping I get some kind of decision from them soon!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Got an offer for Popular Music Journalism and had the interview on Saturday! Booom :smile:
Reply 12
Congrats on the offer! Found someone on Twitter today who had an offer for Multimedia journalism. Hoping that this means they'll get on to doing the Magazine Journalism ones...
Reply 13
Yeah, i'm sure they will either do it this week or straight after xmas if they do make an offer :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by emmarrella
How long did it take you to get an offer after the interview? :smile:
Scratch that, just saw you got one the day after hahah!
Hoping I get some kind of decision from them soon!

He told me in the interview he'd let me know as soon as possible, within 2-3days, but it only took 1. But I think it depends on how many people have applied/how many interviews they have left for that particular course so don't worry :smile:
Reply 15
Checked my UCAS a few mins ago, GOT AN OFFER! So happy! :smile:
Reply 16
Got my offer too! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by emmarrella
Checked my UCAS a few mins ago, GOT AN OFFER! So happy! :smile:

Original post by meerkaatt
Got my offer too! :biggrin:

Well done guys! I just got my offer this morning aswell :smile:
Reply 18
Applied for Solent today for Television and Video Production! Anyone else applying for this who have their interview or offers yet?
I've got a conditional for Advertising

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending