University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by roh
Both will be in separate houses dotted around the grounds so very similar can't think of any major differencees.

Thanks! Went for Beaumont in the end. Just submitted the application now, I hope I'll hear back soon!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by DoNoHarm
Hello! I was actually thinking about JoFo myself! Hopefully I'll get that or something close to it! Student ID in the email? I'm sorry I must be blind but I can't see it anywhere in my offer email.. where should it be? thanks!

It should be at the top of your email along with your UCAS ID number? it might be on the email that leicester send to you after you confirm the offer?
Reply 402
Apologies in advance if this is a repetitive question, but I've gone through this whole thread and still have a few questions.

Situation: I'm an international student who holds an unconditional offer. I'd like a single room with my own bathroom. Laundry onsite. Preferably on campus (or near it /10 minute walk the max). Also not to far from local amenities (i.e. supermarket, doctors office, bank etc etc)

I assumed Nixon Court/Opal court would be the common answer but I read in the thread that you need to pay for your internet usage in this one?

Thank you!
Reply 403
Original post by nshk
Apologies in advance if this is a repetitive question, but I've gone through this whole thread and still have a few questions.

Situation: I'm an international student who holds an unconditional offer. I'd like a single room with my own bathroom. Laundry onsite. Preferably on campus (or near it /10 minute walk the max). Also not to far from local amenities (i.e. supermarket, doctors office, bank etc etc)

I assumed Nixon Court/Opal court would be the common answer but I read in the thread that you need to pay for your internet usage in this one?

Thank you!

The link on accommodation says it's only Opal and The Grange where you have to pay for internet. Opal varies from 150-480 depending how many meg you want.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/faqs/internet
Reply 404
Hello everyone! I've just received my accommodation offer! 1st choice, couldn't be happier! anyone else in The coppice?
Original post by Gxy
Just got the email!!!! Nixon court Block G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!

I have an offer for nixon block G too! What will you be studying? I'll be studying law :smile:
Reply 406
Original post by fallenangel
x

Original post by HannahGodfrey92
x

Original post by penguin610
x

Nice to see that there is a group of medics at the Coppice! :smile:
Reply 407
Original post by roh
The link on accommodation says it's only Opal and The Grange where you have to pay for internet. Opal varies from 150-480 depending how many meg you want.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/faqs/internet

Ahh, I see. Thank you for that clarification.

So just to reiterate, Nixon/Opal are the closest residence areas to campus and are self-catered?
Reply 408
Original post by nshk
Ahh, I see. Thank you for that clarification.

So just to reiterate, Nixon/Opal are the closest residence areas to campus and are self-catered?

Yeah Opal and Nixon are both about 5 mins walk from campus and all self catered.
Reply 409
Hi,

I've just heard back that i'll be in porter's lodge at Beaumont, anyone know what it's like at all?
Reply 410
Original post by kmoore27
Hi,

I've just heard back that i'll be in porter's lodge at Beaumont, anyone know what it's like at all?

Self catered single bedroom?

It's just behind the new quad and backs on to the Botanical Gardens which is nice. All girls and not many in there (6 maybe?) so creates a nice atmosphere not dissimilar to a house in second year (according to someone I know who lived there).
Reply 411
Original post by roh
Self catered single bedroom?

It's just behind the new quad and backs on to the Botanical Gardens which is nice. All girls and not many in there (6 maybe?) so creates a nice atmosphere not dissimilar to a house in second year (according to someone I know who lived there).

Ahh brilliant, thanks. Beaumont was my first choice so I'm pretty pleased.
Quick question.

For standard single, it says on the site: single room with no washbasin or small single room with washbasin.

Is there any way to know which you'll get or is it just luck :/
Reply 413
Original post by Davidragon
Quick question.

For standard single, it says on the site: single room with no washbasin or small single room with washbasin.

Is there any way to know which you'll get or is it just luck :/

Sounds like just pot luck, guessing they figure having the washbasin helps to compensate for the fact the room will be an absolute cupboard (and sauna in the case of the one in Beaumont above the laundrette) and you take your chances.

If you want the washbasin, and it is indeed handy for brushing your teeth and stuff, the extra 8 quid a week isn't too painful.
Reply 414
Does anyone know what date we will be moving in to the accommodation at Oadby this year?
Reply 415
Original post by hollly
Does anyone know what date we will be moving in to the accommodation at Oadby this year?

In my accommodation offer it says that the start date of the contract is September 30th so I guess that's the date! but I could be wrong..
Reply 416
Original post by DoNoHarm
In my accommodation offer it says that the start date of the contract is September 30th so I guess that's the date! but I could be wrong..

Ohh ok thanks :smile:
Reply 417
Original post by hollly

You move in at some point over the weekend prior to Freshers' (first Monday of October whenever that is this year).

It's staggered according to whether you're catered or self catered and your place in the alphabet so you'll get the exact day and time slot towards the end of August.
Reply 418
Original post by roh
You move in at some point over the weekend prior to Freshers' (first Monday of October whenever that is this year).

It's staggered according to whether you're catered or self catered and your place in the alphabet so you'll get the exact day and time slot towards the end of August.

So is it the nearer to the end of the alphabet your surname is, the later you will be moving in?
Reply 419
Original post by darko123
So is it the nearer to the end of the alphabet your surname is, the later you will be moving in?

That would seem logical but I seem to remember being one of the last to arrive with surname H and definitely first met a guy with the surname S who'd already moved stuff in, so I think it may be mixed up and just a way of grouping people (A-F, G-L, etc.)...

Either way it doesn't make much difference, all your block will move in on the same morning or afternoon (I think it was self catered Sat and catered Sun my year). It's simply to make the admin (collecting keys, paying key deposit, blah) run smoother and to stop Oadby, which isn't particularly well equipped to handle heavy traffic, from turning into a mini M25 for the day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending