The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9280
Original post by Mess.
I already know of the quality of both thanks :smile: I was more asking if people had found then cheaper anywhere else or if there is a sort of lower line of Cheaney which is why they would be so cheap.

Ah. Got it now. :smile: I had no idea, so it was a nice lesson for me! :biggrin:

From what I understand, Cheaney were purchased by a company linked to Church's sometime back. I would guess that they would be comparable with them?

I think they might do a slightly cheaper range but my attempted Google searches have been of little help. Sorry I can't help more; I'm still learning a lot about some labels... :ashamed:
Reply 9281
Original post by Mess.
New Zegna suits (old season though) for £350-£450 and new Cheaney shoes for £175. Is there anywhere cheaper and would people say that was worth the price.

Where are you getting those from?
Doubt you'll find better priced.
Reply 9282
Original post by Mess.
New Zegna suits (old season though) for £350-£450 and new Cheaney shoes for £175. Is there anywhere cheaper and would people say that was worth the price.

The Cheaneys are definitely worth it at that price. As for the Zegna suits, they're worth it if they're the mainline stuff.
Just bought:

Not ideal to be honest..But didn't have much money to work with. What do you think? Jeans are Levi and shoes are Sebago
Reply 9284
Original post by Y'crik
Ah. Got it now. :smile: I had no idea, so it was a nice lesson for me! :biggrin:

From what I understand, Cheaney were purchased by a company linked to Church's sometime back. I would guess that they would be comparable with them?

I think they might do a slightly cheaper range but my attempted Google searches have been of little help. Sorry I can't help more; I'm still learning a lot about some labels... :ashamed:

Church was bought by the company that owns Gucci. The quality has been erroded since then but with the discount I could still see them being worth it.

Original post by GunnerMT
Where are you getting those from?
Doubt you'll find better priced.

There is a store in Liverpool called 'Cricket' which is normally where the WAGs in Liverpool go but it has a massive amount of old season Zegna stock!
The Cheaney stuff (as well as Allen Edmonds) is from some store opposite Cricket in Cavern Walks (Liverpool).

Original post by gwarg
The Cheaneys are definitely worth it at that price. As for the Zegna suits, they're worth it if they're the mainline stuff.

It is the Ermenegildo Zegna range just a couple of seasons old.
Reply 9285
Does anyone know how tight-fitting the shorts in H&M are? I want to get the chino shorts and I'm around 33 or 34.. I want to buy online for the discount but I don't really have the time to go the nearest mens H&M shop.

Also how tight-fitting are the singlets? I'm probably a small or medium in most places.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9286
Original post by Chrsi
Does anyone know how tight-fitting the shorts in H&M are? I want to get the chino shorts and I'm around 33 or 34.. I want to buy online for the discount but I don't really have the time to go the nearest mens H&M shop.

Also how tight-fitting are the singlets? I'm probably a small or medium in most places.

Thanks in advance.

I just bought a pair from H&M and I'm a size 32...they're a little tight around the erm...package area but they fit perfectly for me.
Stackable Urban Outfitters discount codes:

AQUIDCO20
D10UK
UKCR15

You'll end up without 40% off.
Reply 9288
Original post by Narcissist

AQUIDCO20
D10UK
UKCR15

There is also UO10 though I'm not sure if you can stack that.
I'm looking for a couple of new polo shirts, nothing overly expensive as my budget is limited, and nothing with a massive logo branding. These look good to me, but I've never heard of the branding and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent alternatives to this kind of style?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280857982594?hlp=false&var=580084574977
Reply 9290

AQUIDCO20
D10UK
UKCR15

Thank you so much! Got a Herschel Little America bag for £55, bargain :smile:
Reply 9291
Original post by chaza741
Thank you so much! Got a Herschel Little America bag for £55, bargain :smile:

I want to get it but they only have it in black! :frown: why don't they have it in khaki! Grrr! :mad:
Reply 9292
Original post by Chrsi
I want to get it but they only have it in black! :frown: why don't they have it in khaki! Grrr! :mad:

I was thinking the same thing but I read that the Khaki one gets dirty really easily so I got the black one :tongue:

AQUIDCO20
D10UK
UKCR15

I was going to buy a few Anglomania dresses to sell on before realising ebay's ****ing ridiculous sellers fee.
Reply 9294
Seeing as I can potentially get 40% off, what do people think of

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/levis-511-slim-rigid-jeans/invt/5222405452842/

Reply 9295
Original post by chaza741
I was thinking the same thing but I read that the Khaki one gets dirty really easily so I got the black one :tongue:

Well anything light colored and left around will get dirty easily :tongue: please say I'm not looking right and they do have it in khaki :redface:
Reply 9296
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
I was going to buy a few Anglomania dresses to sell on before realising ebay's ****ing ridiculous sellers fee.

Try ASOS Marketplace? No listing fees.
Original post by Scipio

511s are not worth £80. More £40ish. So yeah, with your discount, it's still a tad expenno but an ok price
Reply 9299
Original post by Scipio

I really like them but I couldn't justify the price even with 40% off. My student loan is taking a battering already :tongue: