The Student Room Group

ACA to Private Equity Fundraising Analyst?

Is this a legitimate job vacancy?

http://jobs.efinancialcareers.co.uk/job-4000000001005736.htm/keywordAny=aca%20private%20equity/

If so, I'd imagine it'll bruise a few egos.
Reply 1
Yes, but I don't think a Fundraiser and an Analyst are the same thing.
Reply 2
Original post by Daui
Is this a legitimate job vacancy?

http://jobs.efinancialcareers.co.uk/job-4000000001005736.htm/keywordAny=aca%20private%20equity/

If so, I'd imagine it'll bruise a few egos.

Why wouldn't it be and why would it bruise egos? ACA is a very well recognised path into PE and IB
not an expert but the role says you do financial modelling in fundraising? wtf?

it isn't just like "calculate the IRR based on what we expect the fund to return" is it?

and just in general what skillset do these qualified accountants have that would help them raise money for funds?
Reply 4
Original post by Teenage Pirate

it isn't just like "calculate the IRR based on what we expect the fund to return" is it?

and just in general what skillset do these qualified accountants have that would help them raise money for funds?

Nothing hence everyone in PE is M&A/AM/HFM's
Reply 5
Original post by Teenage Pirate

Similar skill set that allows them to become bankers, PE analysts/assocs, ER analysts etc
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by KLL
Why wouldn't it be and why would it bruise egos? ACA is a very well recognised path into PE and IB

I'd guess it's because most people on this forum have the misconception that the ACA is a vastly inferior career path. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Regent
I'd guess it's because most people on this forum have the misconception that the ACA is a vastly inferior career path. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Yes, ignoring the fact that many who do CF at Big4s and other accounting firms also do the ACA and thus have a rather decent shot at PE. Particularly as they deal with smaller deals more relevant to (lower) MM PE firms who are more likely to need placement agencies for their fund raising anyway.
Reply 8
Original post by fail@maths
Nothing hence everyone in PE is M&A/AM/HFM's

And of course this sound knowledge is based on your 0 years in finance.
Reply 9
Original post by Daui
And of course this sound knowledge is based on your 0 years in finance.

Lol. Well played.

Quick Reply

Latest